World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 (/Thread-MFB-Tiers-list-Last-Updated-27-12-11)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Benjohadi - Dec. 03, 2011

Duo on the tier..i dont agree it yet since it need more testings by other members as well..one or two person doing the teting is just...idk..i cant really accept it..

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Dan - Dec. 03, 2011

You definitely need more testing on it before just smashing it on the tier list.

Albeit this tier list doesn't matter, but there are still standards to uphold.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Whatzzer - Dec. 03, 2011

I didn't really mean it should
go to tier 1,but at least in Stamina.When my dayum freaking Duo arrives,I'm gonna test it like hell.I wish my results are similiar to gibsonmacwhateveridunno his name.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - gibsonmac - Dec. 04, 2011

I would say defense if Death is on there, its pretty much a doppelganger, Duo that is S-mode and Defense mode for Death.

Yeah its a Perfect Circle, a Smooth Perfect circle with no protrusions or any contact points at all, and its 43g?? I think, its pretty broken... at least Death has some texture and waves to it, so its got something to hit, Duo is just ridickerus, plain lunacy

Why is Phantom at the bottom of the Stamina tier?? its clearly better than Basalt and Scythe too, though Duo kinda kicks it in the nards lol..

When is the next update??

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - kbuno50 - Dec. 04, 2011

Anyone in for adding another tier? Some of the beyblades in tier 1/2 feel like they belong in one single category.

Make the tier 2 and tier 3 right now shift down a rank, and make a new tier 2 with:

Gravity
Fang
Big Bang
Beat
(LLD questionably?)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Primal - Dec. 04, 2011

Beat still deserves to be in T1.

Tier 3 is the worst; I don't really think Fang, Gravity, etc. should be in a category with Galaxy. :\

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hammer Hades - Dec. 04, 2011

(Dec. 04, 2011  4:02 AM)Kaiba Wrote: Beat still deserves to be in T1.

Tier 3 is the worst; I don't really think Fang, Gravity, etc. should be in a category with Galaxy. :\

He means galaxy shouldn't be in tier three at all, i dont know if this means there should be a tier 4 or no extra tier at all

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - kbuno50 - Dec. 04, 2011

Yeah, I ment tier 2 becomes tier 3, and tier 3 becomes tier 4.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - gibsonmac - Dec. 04, 2011

Not every wheel/part ever made needs to be accounted for, you really don't need to have anything lower than tier 2 IMO...

And just because VariAres and Blitz have more power than all other attackers, doesn't mean that all other attack wheels are worthless... there are different ways attack types win after all, its not all about KO, destabilizing/barraging is totally viable.

As long as an attack wheel can still win against a variety of commonly used combos, it still should be tier 1...

And obviously this carries over to stamina and defense/balance as well... Basalt gets ripped a new one compared to Death or Phantom, but it still wins against a variety of things, so its still tier 1 right?? yeah.

My point is, Gravity and lightning both should still be on the tier 1 list, just because they do not KO like Blitz or VariAres, doesn't mean they cannot win legitimate matches... Gravity definitely still has a place in the environment... in fact I've been talking about a theory with a few people that wheels like Lightning and Gravity are the answer to the new defense wheels that Vari is having trouble with like Death and Duo, No formal testing has been done yet, but the few battles I've done do hint that there is definitely something to this...

Gravity and Lightning are able to get under and get the new breed of defense releases off balance, where even on an 85 track, Vari's Metal Wheel is too tall and squared to be able to do this effectively. Then there's, Gravity and Lightning being much faster around the stadium because of their lighter weight making them able to do a series of quick repeated hits without losing too much momentum, where Vari has trouble with this because of the weight of both the MW and the combos its used in MF-H plus R145... this causes Vari to lose speed quickly when is changes directions after a hit as compared to a lighter combo. And lastly for the same reasons just mentioned, Lightning and Gravity have much more stamina than VariAres does, enabling them, when you put everything together, to OS the opponents after barraging and destabilizing them to death. Granted, this method of victory doesn't have the cool factor that a big KO does, but a win is a win regardless right?? I mean Blitz and Vari are great KO based attackers, but the attackers with less 'smash' or power or whatever you want to call it, can and do still win.

Maybe we should have sub-categories like Anti-Meta attack, Smash-attack, Barrage-attack etc, because this attack list really only accounts for one type of attack at a time... And so what if the 'official' list only has 3 basic types plus one balance combo... we can have as many categories and sub-categories as we want, just like we have multiple tiers, I think something like this has been brought up before, but not really sure if it was here or not.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - lord Wolfblade - Dec. 05, 2011

(Dec. 04, 2011  3:30 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: Why is Phantom at the bottom of the Stamina tier?? its clearly better than Basalt and Scythe too, though Duo kinda kicks it in the nards lol..

it is not in order from best to worse in the individual tiers

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hov - Dec. 05, 2011

IMO, there should be a balance section. With wheels such as, Phantom, Death, and Basalt. Along with RDF, CS, and TH170.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hazel - Dec. 05, 2011

gibsonmac, you seem to've once again forgotten that the purpose of this thread is more along the lines of "Oh, I got some Beyblades/want to get a Beyblade, let's go see what tier the parts are in to get a rough idea of how good the purchase is/was!" than "Ultimate Compendium of The Best". This is the "casual tier list", if you will.

You are greatly over-complicating something that does not need to be so, and most people support more things being on this list, not less - given the purpose that I just explained, this thread would actually suffer for having less parts, rather than actually adding every existing part in the metagame, which is what it should do.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Ultra - Dec. 06, 2011

Yes Hazel is right. How good a part is to you depends on your situation anyway. If you've got Basalt and BD145 and CS then Galaxy is awful but if you've got Earth and WB it seems alright. Anyway sorry that I haven't bothered looking at this for a while, been slightly preoccupied with uni lately. Duo should be properly tested by a few people and not just 2 before it goes up just like with every other part. In terms of a new update is there much of a need for it?Maybe a few things need to be taken off like MB and PD and some thing added like Death but i'll wait for more things till I update it.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - th!nk - Dec. 06, 2011

Galaxy is always awful.

Getting my Ultimate DX set this afternoon, but I will be mainly focussed on LDG today. Don't add Duo just yet, though, needs more testing and a little examination, it seems.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Ultra - Dec. 06, 2011

Fine yep but as I want this to keep to it's original purpose which is what Hazel said so I wouldn't really want to take it off if it has even the slightest ability which some testing has shown. Yes as I said already Duo needs more testing.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - th!nk - Dec. 06, 2011

Oh, of course, I'm completely with Hazel on this one, that's what this thread should be. Though, a "completely useless for this" subgroup for each type and "completely useless for everything" category might be an idea at some point, so that people can differentiate between useless parts and those that we haven't decided on yet.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - gibsonmac - Dec. 06, 2011

Well the majority of what I spoke about was a response to people saying Gravity and Lightning are now obsolete...

and one sentence about the number of tiers and contents???

Anyway, I get the purpose of the list, and in regard to that, you still do not need more than Tier 1,2 and then a 'non-competitive/out-dated-used-to-be-playable" tier, as anything lower than tier 2 would fit in that category anyway. And in that case then you should list every component made if its truly for purposes of 'I bought a bey-blade, where does it fit/how good is it?'... I'm not entirely concerned with the logistics of the list so I'll leave it as that.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - TwistedTemperor - Dec. 06, 2011

would you consider this to be top teir basalt leone ad145 d/wd

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hazel - Dec. 06, 2011

(Dec. 06, 2011  11:48 PM)TwistedTemperor Wrote: would you consider this to be top teir basalt leone ad145 d/wd

That post does not belong here. This thread is not for rating your combos. This is for tiering individual parts.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - TwistedTemperor - Dec. 06, 2011

where could i find a forum for that hazel please tell e

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hazel - Dec. 06, 2011

You can ask for help with your combos in Build me A Combo.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - galaxyduude - Dec. 11, 2011

someone please tell me why basalts in stamina i viewed pages tell me or what page

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Raigeko13 - Dec. 11, 2011

Basalt on its own is not good in stamina. However when facing an opponent it "grinds" the other bey down (if it's a Defense/Stamina type) and usually wins from an OS, because the other bey loses stamina quicker than what Basalt does.

Also, on the tier list itself-
I say we move LDD down to tier 2. It just doesn't seem like it's tier 1 worthy for attack, others might say different. Remove Cyber from tier 3 attack, it doesn't even deserve a tier. On tier 2 defense, I would suggest adding Thunder, right beside Infinity, as it's essentially that. (I'd put it like Thunder/Infinity) And add Bakushin to tier 2 (it might suit 1 as well, but for now) in stamina.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - th!nk - Dec. 11, 2011

Tier one should, like the draft of the official competitive combo's list, contain Variares, Blitz, and Beat. The rest should be moved to tier 2, and everything in tier 2 except hell should be moved to tier 3.

BD145 should be removed as an attack track, as it only adds weight and generally inhibits the power and speed of attackers. It is no longer effectively used by any top tier attack wheel, and was only useful on lightning because lightning needed the weight, and even there, it was a big tradeoff. Before anyone mentions VariBD145, there is a good reason it's not on the competitive combo's list, so you should argue with that, not me.

Bakushin doesn't belong in tier 1 anything. It's a good wheel but not fantastic. Tier 2 Defense, yes, and maybe Tier 2 stamina.

Anything that moves out of tier 3 should move to tier 4, and so on, we don't want to remove anything like that, if it has some, even tiny, ability in that aspect.

We could consider adding Duo (Stamina Mode) to tier 1 defense and stamina, as it outperforms everything in testing and is killing things at tournaments as well. I know it's rather soon, but just look at the darned testing, it is probably the strongest wheel in the metagame at the moment.

Death needs to be added to tier 1 defense, and libra moved to Tier 2, as per recent discussion in competitive combo's. As for stamina, maybe Tier 2. It has basalt's grind ability, which helps, but I'm not sure how the two do against each other. If it can OS basalt, then it COULD be tier one, but... Basalt isn't so great for stamina now.

RDF should be added to Tier 1 defense tips.

In stamina, I would add a note that Kerbecs is ONLY for 3-sided wheels, and is generally the best choice for them.

The BD145 stamina description needs to be altered to mention EDS. D needs to be added to Tier 1, and maybe a note be added that it is THE tip for 230/TH170.

The note stating PD is better than WD/SD/D needs to be removed, there is not enough testing on it, and it is misleading. SD could MAYBE be dropped to tier 2, as D, WD, and EDS are the prime choices for each particular track. (Tall, Mid to Low, BD145), but that said, we may as well leave it there, as it isn't really significantly worse, just less popular, but put it at the bottom (I know, we don't order them, but it just seems right to me in this case).

Think that covers everything that we know at the moment.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hov - Dec. 11, 2011

Actually RDF should be added into all tiers. Stamina, attack, and defense. It outclasses CS as a true balance tip. RDF is the best tip for balance combos. Nuff said Smug