World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? (/Thread-Manhattan-New-York-USA-any-bladers-around)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Dec. 05, 2010

(Dec. 05, 2010  8:41 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: Also, I'm not making an official tournament, if I did it's not like Kai-V would approve it anyways.

It will be like Sky's tourney, just free play.

Standard Rules applied, $5 dollar entry fee.
P.S.- I will be competing

wait, so you're making a tournament, asking people to pay an entry fee to a tournament that is not approved by the WBO or an organization of some sort that guarantees that they are a "not-for-profit" organization, and calling it a "free play" tournament? that sounds like huge trouble to me.....
And i would like to emphasize that the WBO is a not-for-profit organization. If you gain money from the "tournament", that's considered profit and completely defeats the purpose.... all money goes into buying the prizes and keeping the website up.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - TaroBubbleTea - Dec. 06, 2010

(Dec. 05, 2010  8:41 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: ...(sigh) I'm gonna try and get a tourney going the 17th of January when nobody has school. Some locations I am looking at are the NY Hall of Science, or York College's gymnasium. I'm trying to get an indoor area because I dont know how the weather might be. The location might change due to the weather. If you have any suggestions please pm me...
(sigh) If you want to attend pm me. It will be a Round Robin Block System depending on the number of attendees. Time will be 2 pm to however long it takes to get 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners(including free play which will be from 2pm to 3pm) I need at least 12 attendees. Standard Rules applied, $5 dollar entry fee.
P.S.- I will be competing

I don't think Kai-V will let you host an OFFICIAL one. If you host an unofficial one you should not put a 5 dollar entry fee because as sky said this is non-profit, if you do im sure kai - v will not trust us to hold more tournaments in the future Tongue_out.
Edit: sorry i couldnt come to your tournament sky xD saturday school extended. Tongue_out

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Dec. 06, 2010

lol. all in a nutshell... pretty much what TaroBubbleTea said. and it's ok, =) at least you tried to make it.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Dec. 06, 2010

the 5 dollar entry fee was for if Kai-V DID approve of it
(good luck with that...)
It will probably be unofficail. It is going to be at the NY hall of Science because they let you have events there.
Hmmm... If I at least get 8 attendees, I will put up a proposal so more people can come Smile

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Dec. 07, 2010

(Dec. 06, 2010  1:39 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: the 5 dollar entry fee was for if Kai-V DID approve of it
(good luck with that...)
I would like to question that "if".... so you're saying she didn't approve it yet?
(Dec. 06, 2010  1:39 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: It will probably be unofficail. It is going to be at the NY hall of Science because they let you have events there.
Hmmm... If I at least get 8 attendees, I will put up a proposal so more people can come Smile

that sounds like a better idea. and information the fact that Kai-V approved of it would have been helpful. remember this, "nothing is official until it's approved by someone official." that lack of information could cause a lot of confusion... just be MORE informative next time. same thing goes with planning bazaars (even though the term is not used properly), free play tournaments, meetings, etc. etc.... and i hope you don't take any offense xstorm bladerx. just trying to keep the NY slate clean so we can have tournaments again... whether its manhattan or not, Kai-v's trust is not hanging on only the people of manhattan's shoulders but everyone in NY. That's y kai-v is skeptical about people holding tournaments in NY (and yes, i mean NY not Manhattan). People are not allowed to hold tournaments in Manhattan except Bluezee and cye but in other ny areas other than Manhattan, only well experienced hosts/members can host... and if i recall, that is what Kai-V told me (just reworded).

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - JonnB - Dec. 08, 2010

He himself is confusing hah
no offense

and WBO has always been skeptical about NY v.v
We've had or ups and downs

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Dec. 08, 2010

I dont get it...
just because of a few screw ups (no offense to Ikki and MorningMess) she thinks that any tournament there will be bad. We've gott PROVE something. IF I hold this tourney, I will have it recorded and makes sure she sees it so that more NY tourneys can be trusted and approved

Its more then that.
Theres been past occasions where New York has failed to come up with a decent turnout/tourney

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Kai-V - Dec. 08, 2010

Seriously, either people committed to show up but never did, cancelled their tournament at the last minute for essentially nothing without notifying any of the participants, or what happened recently with two people we thought we could trust as tournament organisers but who took some bad decisions.

Also, you keep referring to me, but the whole Committee believes the same thing, it has just really affected the image of the World Beyblade Organization and I honestly do not think you are the one we can trust to completely switch the situation around and host a magnificent tournament following all of our rules and everything.

(Dec. 08, 2010  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Seriously, either people committed to show up but never did, cancelled their tournament at the last minute for essentially nothing without notifying any of the participants

Exactly v.v We've had decent people try and fail
I think the only decent Tourney New York has had was the one Anubis hosted way back.
I personally have never been to a successful WBO NY tourney lol

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Dec. 08, 2010

lol. sorry kai-v that i keep referring to you (force of habit).

to xstorm bladerx: see? what did i tell you? lol. which is y i said that only cye and bluezee are allowed to host.

and kai-v, this question makes me wonder, what did cye do that made you trust him so much? ... just out of curiosity btw...

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Kai-V - Dec. 08, 2010

(Dec. 08, 2010  5:23 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: and kai-v, this question makes me wonder, what did cye do that made you trust him so much? ... just out of curiosity btw...
If you have anybody to doubt it is Bluezee, not Cye Kinomiya. He has been part of this community for years, he was even on Off the Chain and Beyblade Damashii. He really knows what is needed for a competitive Beyblade environment. Furthermore, he has attended a few tournaments already.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - TaroBubbleTea - Dec. 08, 2010

Lol i was wondering if a 12 year old can hold a tourney? Grin cause im near 13 but still 12, 13 in a few days Tongue_out

EDIT: Not saying i want to hold one, but would that be alright? O_O

Currently The Committee is only considering experienced members as hosts for NY Tourneys.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - JonnB - Dec. 09, 2010

Anyone in New York want to have a meet-up at Hecksher Playground in Central Park this saturday around 2pmish?

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - dranzerallday1 - Dec. 12, 2010

if u want to hold a tournament in Mnahattan count me in

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Flame Libra1213 - Dec. 12, 2010

i am having a free play tourn=enment in the bronx iif u wanna know tell me so i can give u more details

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - JonnB - Dec. 12, 2010

No one was free that week anyway so nothing happended

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Dec. 13, 2010

ahhh boloney...
guess i'm not holding any tourneys LOL. Tongue_out
Well, I like the competition better. Any tourneys coming up. Sorry Kai-V for blaming everything on you. I feel like Kanye West from South Park. I thought wrong, and I will make sure I dont even make a tournament proposal ever again!

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Dec. 14, 2010

(Dec. 13, 2010  1:56 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: I will make sure I dont even make a tournament proposal ever again!
nah, maybe not ever again... just not now. The committee (ha! stopped myself from saying "Kai-V") just wants good tourneys... it's just you gotta plan it better. =) and don't call it a "free play" when its not "free".
free play = free to play. (meaning no entry fee)
but who knows? you might end up hosting one day and it might end up a good turnout. =) and hopefully, the same would happen to me. you know? you just gotta learn from your mistakes. we weren't trying to bash you or anything... we just wanted to make sure Manhattan gets a good reputation for holding tournaments like Canada or australia... or europe.... you know? and the reason y they hold a lot of tourneys is because they have more experienced bladers and hosts there... as for the the US, we don't have a lot of decent hosts who have free time.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Dec. 15, 2010

but why dont the others get a try. like just hold an unofficial tourney, we tell the comittee that we did good, and maybe we would be able to host more. sound like a good idea?

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - LILHOBOHUNTER - Dec. 15, 2010

i wanna be in it but wut day

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - LILHOBOHUNTER - Dec. 15, 2010

(Dec. 15, 2010  1:58 AM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: but why dont the others get a try. like just hold an unofficial tourney, we tell the comittee that we did good, and maybe we would be able to host more. sound like a good idea?

so wait did the tournament pass already or its not planed yet cuz i wanna go if its in stock cuz i never been to a tournament

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - JonnB - Dec. 16, 2010

Theres no certain chance of a Official Manhattan Tourney soon because
1. Its winter and getting a indoor venue is difficult
2. The committee is only allowing certain people in NYC host a official tournament de to past mistakes

For any Unofficial Tournament or Free play its still winter so its had to find a warm day.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Dec. 16, 2010

(Dec. 15, 2010  2:14 PM)LILHOBOHUNTER Wrote: so wait did the tournament pass already or its not planed yet cuz i wanna go if its in stock cuz i never been to a tournament
nah, xstorm bladerx was planning one but he got shot down by Kai-V and the Committee.
(Dec. 15, 2010  1:58 AM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: but why dont the others get a try. like just hold an unofficial tourney, we tell the comittee that we did good, and maybe we would be able to host more. sound like a good idea?

well... that's what we were intending... BUT some people seem to lack communication skills and like what Kai-V said, little or no people showed up, the hosts end up an showing up and canceling without informing anyone, etc. Maybe if that stops happening IN MANHATTAN! and i repeat, IN MANHATTAN!!!! we might be able to host decent tourneys.