World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? (/Thread-Manhattan-New-York-USA-any-bladers-around)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - johnfisher1234 - Oct. 26, 2010

having a tournament november, 7 at Greenwood Lake,NY USA if anyone is interested message me
and its probably going to be WBO approved by then.

if you dont know where Greenwood Lake is look it up on the usermap
pm me if your interested

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Ikki - Oct. 26, 2010

The October 30th does have it's prizes which will be mailed to you,
I don't know about the Nov 2nd one
The event thread should hopefully be posted up today, if so please do sign up on that thread.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Oct. 28, 2010

Join my team the NY Ultimate Bladers
anyone interested plz PM me your
name:

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Oct. 28, 2010

Members of the Ultimate Heroes
xStorm Bladerx
TheSilverBlader
BladerInvasion

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - dannyboi04 - Nov. 01, 2010

(Oct. 26, 2010  11:24 PM)johnfisher1234 Wrote: having a tournament november, 7 at Greenwood Lake,NY USA if anyone is interested message me
and its probably going to be WBO approved by then.

if you dont know where Greenwood Lake is look it up on the usermap
pm me if your interested

i can come and my team too

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - felipe5745 - Nov. 01, 2010

a good location is on NewYork east braodway in 134 park theys alot of bladers there and theres alot of space for stadiums there

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - dannyboi04 - Nov. 02, 2010

cool so will there be a tournament there on 134 and Broadway if there is let me know asap

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - xStorm Bladerx - Nov. 02, 2010

yeah me too (If my tourney gets approved Stupid )

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - AlphaOmega - Nov. 02, 2010

Hey guys, I posted in the LI thread, but I'll post here too. Just wondering if any of you guys were from Long Island.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Nov. 05, 2010

(Nov. 02, 2010  5:02 PM)AlphaOmega Wrote: Hey guys, I posted in the LI thread, but I'll post here too. Just wondering if any of you guys were from Long Island.

I do! =D (look at my signature)
actually, guys, before we do something completely unplanned, please read this message i sent to someone who wanted to do another tournament in Manhattan:

shadowwolf6450 said:

Hey, Got your message me and my freinds wana make a torni let me know if you would come.

I said:
oh, that sounds awesome... although it depends on when and where.... before we screw something up again, we have to plan this WELL out before we continue with the plans. According to everyone on the forum, everyone want to hold it indoors. you have a place in mind? Kai-V might not trust us to hold a tournament because she is worried we're just gonna screw up again. so, before we go on with the plans, let's think this out. ummm, answer these questions and i'll probably be up for it. =)

Is it indoors? if so, where?
Do you know the rules by heart?
Do you know when to apply the "reshoot clause"?
Do you or does a friend have the legal stadium? if a friend has it, WILL they show up with the stadium?
Do you know which stadiums are legal and which are not?
If a legal stadium is unavailable and/or the expected amount of participants is not reached, do you know what to do?
etc. etc.

these are things a host has to know. We may have screwed up last time but we just hope you and your friends change that. show Kai-V that we're capable of having a successful Manhattan tournament. >=)
(Nov. 01, 2010  4:14 PM)felipe5745 Wrote: a good location is on NewYork east braodway in 134 park theys alot of bladers there and theres alot of space for stadiums there

the question is if it's indoors otherwise we'll have a bunch of bladers complaining "It was too cold.... why didn't we hold it indoors?" and then that causes Kai-V to forbid Manhattan tournys for a LOOOONNNGG time. when people start complaining, that's when it makes Kai-V uncomfortable because she cares about our satisfaction. I just purchased a passport... it's good for a year... i don't want a value of 2 entrance fees to go down the drain (since the other tournament did not count towards my beypoints). I want to work the limits of my passport past its limits. I want to get as many beypoints i can get in a year. you know what i'm getting at? yeah, it may have a lot of room for bladers... but also consider the weather condition.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - AlphaOmega - Nov. 05, 2010

I agree completely with what you're saying. I just came back onto the scene recently, so I mostly missed the mishaps with the two most recent NY tournaments. The stadium thing shouldn't be a problem as I have the TakaraTomy Stamina stadium.

Anyway, I think a meet-up should be planned first, before a tournament, to make sure everyone is committed.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - lightninglibraX - Nov. 05, 2010

if you were aware of the rules, you'd know the stamina stadium is NOT a legal WBO stadium. only the standard,attack, and super attack

For one, you shouldn't act so high and mighty by laughing, as it really doesn't help anyone and makes you look child-like. Second, take a closer look.

There is a discrepancy in the two rule books. The Standard rule-book states that all stadiums created for the MFB line are legal, that is, everything from when the line started in August 2008. This would mean that the Stamina stadium is indeed legal. The Universal format, however, states that the Stamina stadium is excluded though there is no mention of this in the Standard rule book.

Kai-V, if you could post some clarification, that would be appreciated.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - lightninglibraX - Nov. 05, 2010

do u mean the standard/ stamina? cuz ive asked this qwestion multpile times. itz just that the fact that we've had this problem b4, and then this comes up makes me laff. i wasnt acting high and mighty, cuz im low and skimpy... see now im depressed. (i change it =3)
and why are we not referring to the universal?

I didn't mean to make you sad, haha. It was just that there is a major discrepancy in the rules if this is the case. The Standard rule book states that "all beystadiums" are legal, the Universal rules do not.

As for why we aren't using the Universal rules, I just assumed that this would be an MFB tournament, and therefore the standard rulebook would apply more simply.

see i thought thats what you were referring to. but i've asked multiple times(2 is multiple) and i've gotten the same response which was, "no it's not legal because the slope isn't as balanced as the other stadiums"

Okay, thanks again.

no problemo! sorry about the laughing lol. just a funny situation. so we r kool? lol
so the stamina stadium is illegal, and it is not to be used in tournaments new yorkers! we don't want another mix-up like b4!!

Yeah, we're cool.

I just went and looked on eBay. The prices are fine, but the shipping is just horrible. However, I would like to organize a tournament here, so I will try to acquire one. However, I would really like to organize some sort of meet-up first, that way everyone local can meet. The problem being though is that I'm located on LI while many others are in the city.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - lightninglibraX - Nov. 06, 2010

i have two legal stadiums btw. super attack, and standard

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Kai-V - Nov. 06, 2010

Do follow the Stadium Matrix in the Universal Format Rulebook. We have no idea why that line in the Standard Format Rulebook was ever added in the first place, but that mistake has been brought to our attention and we are currently working on updating the Rulebooks so everything is coherent. We worked harder on keeping the Stadium Matrix up-to-date though, so that is what should be followed, hah. Hopefully it does not incommode you too much.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - AlphaOmega - Nov. 06, 2010

Nope, not a problem at all. I'll try to obtain one soon, as I would like to finally have a tournament for the NYC/LI area bladers go off without any problems.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Nov. 06, 2010

ok, i just discussed this with Kai-V. we're able to have a tournament ONLY if Cye Kinomiya and Bluezee host it... since they're the only trusted hosts as of now.... so yeah... if you can get a hold of them, try to let them know that they're our only hopes of having a tournament in NYC.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - Sky Prince - Nov. 06, 2010

good news!
Cye Kinomiya said:
"I've actually been planning to hold a tournament. I'll soon be buying the prizes (I want the prizes to be really good.) And, I'm trying to find an indoor venue in Manhattan. The problem is finding a free one. Also, I'm going to give it a little more time so that maybe MorningMess can send in the money so a bunch of the kids can get their passports. I don't want the parents on bad terms with the WBO because of any monetary problems. As soon as I have a more solid plan I'll be sure to talk with the staff about letting me host a tournament."

so... if anyone gets a hold of MorningMess... tell her to send the money asap.

RE: [Manhattan, New York, USA] any bladers around? - TheSilverBlader - Nov. 06, 2010

yay awesome thanks for the news sky