World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! (/Thread-Metal-Fight-Beyblade-Everything-you-need-to-know)

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Kai-V - Aug. 06, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  7:37 PM)Grey Wrote: Anyways, I almost hope that Wolf doesn't have a Ball Bearing, since Cancer already does. Maybe B just stands for Bearing, as in any kind of bearing tip...?
I doubt TAKARA-TOMY would name two different Bottoms the same way (B ) ...

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - FFX - Aug. 06, 2008

Of course, this poses the question to what they will label bearing to be...B be is taken.

Or they may shock us and just decide not to release bearing at all.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Aug. 06, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  7:22 PM)boh Wrote: yes, but that Gotruto guy come up with so many random questions that's the reason brad gave him a negative reputation, not tryin to be mean or anything

Gotruto was never banned for being a jerk, and your posts aren't much better.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Gotruto - Aug. 06, 2008

I can usually tell if im going to ike a beyblade by its look.

PS: I usually cant follow your advice, due to lack of parts.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Lee - Aug. 06, 2008

Can someone link me to the picture of the attack ring on the official website?

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Grey - Aug. 06, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  7:59 PM)flashfox Wrote: Of course, this poses the question to what they will label bearing to be...B be is taken.

Or they may shock us and just decide not to release bearing at all.

That would actually be kind of nice. Bearings are nice and all, but they're overused and overly-useful IMO. Almost like an unfair advantage, only...it's not. :\

(cue incredulous responses...now!)

EDIT:
(Aug. 06, 2008  8:25 PM)Lee Wrote: Can someone link me to the picture of the attack ring on the official website?

Lee, you're going to need to be more specific. There are a lot of Wheels/ARs on the Takara Site.

If you're talking about the Chart, go back to page 73 in this topic and click on the link in Kai-V's post. On the main part of the page (NOT THE SIDEBAR THAT IS FULL OF LINKS), there will be the first yellow-colored link from the top of the page. Click on that.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Kai-V - Aug. 06, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  8:25 PM)Lee Wrote: Can someone link me to the picture of the attack ring on the official website?
Cancer's Wheel (because it is not an Attack Ring) ? This is only a guess on my part, but I think it is the Limited edition beyblade's : http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/beyblade/pointbattle/index.html

(Aug. 06, 2008  7:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:02 PM)boh Wrote: what the carp r u talking about? u said u like the cancer beyblade and i said how could u like a beyblade that kno one can barely see. :dude, u come up with random questions, get with the programAngry
Its Wheel is very visible on the official website. Also, people can like a beyblade because of its abilities ...
I was referring to Kai-V's post.

EDIT: Thanks Kai, that's what I was talking about.
Darn new terms. I liked attack ring so much better. Unhappy

(Aug. 06, 2008  8:37 PM)Lee Wrote: EDIT: Thanks Kai, that's what I was talking about.

Really? I thought Attack Ring was rather childish. Wheel sounds cooler IMO. :-3

Actually, I like the part names for all of MFB parts. I kinda prefer everything about the MFB to the previous generations.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Roan - Aug. 06, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  8:44 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2008  8:37 PM)Lee Wrote: EDIT: Thanks Kai, that's what I was talking about.

Actually, I like the part names for all of MFB parts. I kinda prefer everything about the MFB to the previous generations.

Can't say I agree.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Aug. 06, 2008

I liked "Attack Ring" more than "Wheel" as well, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

Well I wasn't just referring to the terms.

Overall I'm really not impressed by the design and direction of MFB. I've said this before but I think MFB is a step backwards compared to HMS.

The jump from plastic to HMS was very substantial and felt like a necessary, evolutionary step in the game. The jump from HMS to MFB, however, feels very halfhearted and a little regressive.

It just bothers me that essentially, there's no real base. IMO.
It's soooo small.

And I wanna have fun building my blade. Those 5 brief minutes I spent putting all of the plastic beyblades together everytime I'd get a new one....putting on the stickers....I liked that feeling.

Now what? I take four little metal pieces and put them in place. It's just not as inviting as the plastics.

Call me a little boy all you want, but from what I recall, that was fun. Now it looks like we have two small spikey floating disks duking it out.

(Aug. 06, 2008  8:52 PM)Roan Wrote: Well I wasn't just referring to the terms.

Overall I'm really not impressed by the design and direction of MFB. I've said this before but I think MFB is a step backwards compared to HMS.

The jump from plastic to HMS was very substantial and felt like a necessary, evolutionary step in the game. The jump from HMS to MFB, however, feels very halfhearted and a little regressive.

We'll know for sure when someone battles an HMS agaisnt a MFB, but I see where you're coming from. I don't think it's regressive, necessarily, but it's definitely not much of an evolution from HMS. I think of it more like a re-designed HMS.

Then again, HMS was able to release tons of different designs for ARs and RC's right away because they had already been used recently in Plastic. HMS seemed to be recreating Plastics with Metal added in.

MFB is a revival, obvously, so they can't just release a bunch of previously-useful designs.
...I hope people understand what I mean. Speechless

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Gotruto - Aug. 06, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  8:52 PM)Roan Wrote: Well I wasn't just referring to the terms.

Im pretty sure they were trying to get the good parts of Plastic (SG) and HMS (compaction) and but them together, as well as add new ideas (Full Metal Wheels/No WD)

As I've stated before, these are the Makendos and Bakushin-ohs of this generation. As we get further into development we will see the release of more complex structures and gimmicks. It would not be difficult at all to incorporate new layers into this system later on. They simply are leaving room for themselves to grow.

(Aug. 06, 2008  9:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As I've stated before, these are the Makendos and Bakushin-ohs of this generation. As we get further into development we will see the release of more complex structures and gimmicks. It would not be difficult at all to incorporate new layers into this system later on. They simply are leaving room for themselves to grow.
Quite honestly, I deeply hope that you're right.

I submit Driger MS, Draciel MS, and Gaia Dragoon MS as my evidence. This pattern isn't exactly new.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - trueblader - Aug. 06, 2008

Brad, by taking plastic off of the wheel completely won't that make these blades less durable? I mean didn't the plastic on the hms system act like a sort of shock-absorber since it was softer than the metal. By removing the plastic, takara, imo has made the mfb less durable, right.

PS: this is just a thought.

(Aug. 06, 2008  9:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As I've stated before, these are the Makendos and Bakushin-ohs of this generation. As we get further into development we will see the release of more complex structures and gimmicks. It would not be difficult at all to incorporate new layers into this system later on. They simply are leaving room for themselves to grow.

I know this will happen, I'm just saying that so far I don't prefer the new MFB direction over the HMS.

(Aug. 06, 2008  9:38 PM)trueblader Wrote: Brad, by taking plastic off of the wheel completely won't that make these blades less durable? I mean didn't the plastic on the hms system act like a sort of shock-absorber since it was softer than the metal. By removing the plastic, takara, imo has made the mfb less durable, right.

PS: this is just a thought.

Yes, I imagine these Beyblades will be slightly less durable, although they seem to be acting carefully towards the design.

(Aug. 06, 2008  9:40 PM)Roan Wrote:

I know this will happen, I'm just saying that so far I don't prefer the new MFB direction over the HMS.

My original inclination was to agree with this. However, I really like the concept of interchangeable tips.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - bugturtles - Aug. 06, 2008

I'm wondering if the Face will be the same as Bit Protector.

Will they be loose in the first few releases, then get tighter?

This way you can use loose Face for Wobbler or something, and tight Face for everything else.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - trueblader - Aug. 06, 2008

The launcher does not attach to the face. it hooks in to the slits on two sides of the face. somwhat like how the plastic blades attached to their launchers.

Kei: Attachment removed. The image was from a Japanese Beyblade fansite. trueblader has been put on a one day ban.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Nic - Aug. 07, 2008

(Aug. 06, 2008  1:59 PM)flashfox Wrote: Quetzalcoatl beyblade..I remember CoR having a concept of one..or was it someone else.

I'm glad to see they are finally making one.

Yeah, I did. I bet it'll be NOTHING like what I thought of xD

(Aug. 06, 2008  2:57 PM)Grey Wrote: Awesome. Quetzalcoatl sounds awesome.
...wait, Wide Flat? Like Leo's Bottom, but Flat?

Probably has a similar relationship to grip flat and grip flat ultimate.

(Aug. 06, 2008  7:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2008  7:37 PM)Grey Wrote: Anyways, I almost hope that Wolf doesn't have a Ball Bearing, since Cancer already does. Maybe B just stands for Bearing, as in any kind of bearing tip...?
I doubt TAKARA-TOMY would name two different Bottoms the same way (B ) ...

It could always just mean "balance" and refer to any tip that has various attributes, such as metal change. Then, both wolf and cancer may have different tips, but the same code. Otherwise, they'll run out of codes very fast.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Aug. 07, 2008

I saw Kai-V had posted this on BBS, so I thought I would share it here:

http://kyoganken.web.fc2.com/beymf/index.htm