World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Answered Controlling Drift? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Answered Controlling Drift? (/Thread-Answered-Controlling-Drift)

Controlling Drift? - ZephyrDraco - Sep. 26, 2021

I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I was wondering how you guys control drift on DB combos. I keep seeing combos with Drift pop up on BeyBase as winning combos, but I'm not sure how it's being used. It's so unpredictable when I use it, and even when I get it to take the center of the stadium, the slightest impact sends it reeling and destroys its stamina. Help? 

(If this is any help, the combo I've been using specifically is Dynamite (F Gear) Belial Over Drift -2. My bad if the formatting is a bit off :/ )

RE: Controlling Drift? - GreaterLonginus - Sep. 26, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  1:56 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I was wondering how you guys control drift on DB combos. I keep seeing combos with Drift pop up on BeyBase as winning combos, but I'm not sure how it's being used. It's so unpredictable when I use it, and even when I get it to take the center of the stadium, the slightest impact sends it reeling and destroys its stamina. Help? 

(If this is any help, the combo I've been using specifically is Dynamite (F Gear) Belial Over Drift -2. My bad if the formatting is a bit off Uncertain )

Drift is used in opposite spin, it will definitely lose in same, that's why the slightest impact (from whatever same-spin combo you're using) will destroy its stamina.

RE: Controlling Drift? - (Blank) - Sep. 26, 2021

You should soft launch it, since it's the best spin stealing driver it will spin steal like a boss and get you some of that stamina you didn't get. This should only be done in opposite spin. As for same spin, I'm not to sure. I think you have to wear it out and awaken it? Usually that does the opposite, but hey maybe it works like that with drift. I'll try asking the wisest person I know, @GreatestLonginus.

(Sep. 26, 2021  1:59 PM)(Blank) Wrote: You should soft launch it, since it's the best spin stealing driver it will spin steal like a boss and get you some of that stamina you didn't get. This should only be done in opposite spin. As for same spin, I'm not to sure. I think you have to wear it out and awaken it? Usually that does the opposite, but hey maybe it works like that with drift. I'll try asking the wisest person I know, @GreatestLonginus.

Unfortunately I don't have drift :')

I'll wait when it rereleases with better parts

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:01 PM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:59 PM)(Blank) Wrote: You should soft launch it, since it's the best spin stealing driver it will spin steal like a boss and get you some of that stamina you didn't get. This should only be done in opposite spin. As for same spin, I'm not to sure. I think you have to wear it out and awaken it? Usually that does the opposite, but hey maybe it works like that with drift. I'll try asking the wisest person I know, @GreatestLonginus.

Unfortunately I don't have drift :')
Oof, well I guess that's about as much as I can help you ZephyrDraco. Hope what we said helped!

RE: Controlling Drift? - DeceasedCrab - Sep. 26, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  1:57 PM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Drift is used in opposite spin, it will definitely lose in same, that's why the slightest impact (from whatever same-spin combo you're using) will destroy its stamina.

Incorrect. Drift can win in same spin. I have done so in tournaments, in finals. Not every impact is going to send Drift flying in a direction. Some Drifts are just more tame than others. Some bladers launch differently enough that Drift doesn't go haywire.

Please do not share opinions if you are not reasonably certain of their accuracy.

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:04 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:57 PM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Drift is used in opposite spin, it will definitely lose in same, that's why the slightest impact (from whatever same-spin combo you're using) will destroy its stamina.

Incorrect. Drift can win in same spin. I have done so in tournaments, in finals. Not every impact is going to send Drift flying in a direction. Some Drifts are just more tame than others. Some bladers launch differently enough that Drift doesn't go haywire.

Please do not share opinions if you are not reasonably certain of their accuracy.

I was just exaggerating, I know that it can win with the proper launch, just that it's kinda hard

RE: Controlling Drift? - GenesisBlader - Sep. 26, 2021

i think for same spin you might wanna go for a hard, angled launch, then maybe it'll go into a controllable banking pattern. for opposite spin you might wanna launch weak to medium effort since drift is best in opposite spin

Lmao, GenesisBlader just randomly liking every post

RE: Controlling Drift? - GenesisBlader - Sep. 26, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:08 PM)(Blank) Wrote: Lmao, GenesisBlader just randomly liking every post

lol it's my duty lol

RE: Controlling Drift? - Beybladedb - Sep. 26, 2021

In the recent tournament, Zektor's Seattle open I beat hard launched bearing's the same spin with my drift. You launch it as you want it to scrape almost as if it was sideways but the drift plate will start spinning and it won't go crazy nor will it scrape its really hard to do and took me hours to master it

RE: Controlling Drift? - ZephyrDraco - Sep. 26, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:08 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote: i think for same spin you might wanna  go for a hard, angled launch, then maybe it'll go into a controllable banking pattern. for opposite spin you might wanna launch weak to medium effort since drift is best in opposite spin

Well, yeah, makes sense for opposite spin, but for same-spin, you have to have a really steady hand to make it even take the center, much less keep it there. I should have clarified, any pointers for winning in same spin? I've noticed it's really good at taking out aggressive combos, but I was trying to see if there's any way to win by OS in same spin. Thanks, though.

RE: Controlling Drift? - Beybladedb - Sep. 26, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:39 PM)Beybladedb Wrote: In the recent tournament, Zektor's Seattle open I beat hard launched bearing's the same spin with my drift. You launch it as you want it to scrape almost as if it was sideways but the drift plate will start spinning and it won't go crazy nor will it scrape its really hard to do and took me hours to master it

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:40 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  2:08 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote: i think for the same spin you might wanna go for a hard, angled launch, then maybe it'll go into a controllable banking pattern. for opposite spin you might wanna launch weak to the medium effort since drift is best in opposite spin

Well, yeah, makes sense for an opposite spin, but for same-spin, you have to have a really steady hand to make it even take the center, much less keep it there. I should have clarified, any pointers for winning in same spin? I've noticed it's really good at taking out aggressive combos, but I was trying to see if there's any way to win by OS in same spin. Thanks, though.

I just gave an explanation... also you want the rubber on vanish or f gear to hit the other bey and a cushion from making it go crazy and tornado stalling you don't want this to happen if you are are facing an attack type.

RE: Controlling Drift? - ZephyrDraco - Sep. 26, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:04 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

DeceasedCrab, how do you generally launch in terms of winning in same spin? Based on your comment on the variation between Drifts, it seems like mine is more aggressive than most, but it would be nice to be able to control it regardless.

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:41 PM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  2:39 PM)Beybladedb Wrote: In the recent tournament, Zektor's Seattle open I beat hard launched bearing's the same spin with my drift. You launch it as you want it to scrape almost as if it was sideways but the drift plate will start spinning and it won't go crazy nor will it scrape its really hard to do and took me hours to master it

(Sep. 26, 2021  2:40 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Well, yeah, makes sense for an opposite spin, but for same-spin, you have to have a really steady hand to make it even take the center, much less keep it there. I should have clarified, any pointers for winning in same spin? I've noticed it's really good at taking out aggressive combos, but I was trying to see if there's any way to win by OS in same spin. Thanks, though.

I just gave an explanation... also you want the rubber on vanish or f gear to hit the other bey and a cushion from making it go crazy and tornado stalling you don't want this to happen if you are are facing an attack type.

Oh, my bad, I was typing when you responded. Thanks for the help, I'll be testing that today.

RE: Controlling Drift? - JCE_13 - Sep. 27, 2021

(Sep. 26, 2021  1:56 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I was wondering how you guys control drift on DB combos. I keep seeing combos with Drift pop up on BeyBase as winning combos, but I'm not sure how it's being used. It's so unpredictable when I use it, and even when I get it to take the center of the stadium, the slightest impact sends it reeling and destroys its stamina. Help? 

(If this is any help, the combo I've been using specifically is Dynamite (F Gear) Belial Over Drift -2. My bad if the formatting is a bit off Uncertain )

Arka.paul and Cscramon would be able to help, haha.

RE: Controlling Drift? - TheRogueBlader - Sep. 27, 2021

I personally was never able to control drift. After a bit of practice, it just comes naturally and the more you practice, the harder you can launch it without it going kabloomazasowksyadajsda all over the place. I suggest holding the launcher part, not the grip part of your launcher and leaning your wrist on the frame that’s on the stadium. That helps you keep your hand steady and you can use it as a temporary crutch to help your hands get used to being more stable, this also works for launches overall. Then once you’ve got that down, just tilt a little, and every time you repeat the process you can launch harder and harder. But don’t launch to hard in the beggining, pace yourself. Every step you can launch a bit but not too much harder.

RE: Controlling Drift? - JCE_13 - Sep. 30, 2021

Eh, slap it on guilty. It calms it like crazy.

RE: Controlling Drift? - DeltaZakuro - Sep. 30, 2021

Ive tried Astral Longinus/Bahamut.Over.Drift-0 and it is pretty calm for the most part, moves around a little bit but it doesnt go crazy. From what i've seen, very heavy combos are what keep Drift still in the stadium but that is just from my own testing.

RE: Controlling Drift? - MagikHorse - Oct. 10, 2021

I ended up winning a tournament primarily with Roar on Drift, where I excelled at controlling it by launching it at a light angle to land flat on the stadium. It tends to stay at the same angle relative to the stadium that way, settling into the bowl nicely even when I really let it rip.

It was enough that I ended up winning a mirror match with that Roar, despite my opponent opting for Vanish instead. Given that people usually say Vanish has better same-spin Stamina compared to Roar, I found that rather interesting.

RE: Controlling Drift? - PikaBeyblade - Oct. 10, 2021

Why is everything opposite spin nowadays