World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal (/Thread-Zone%E2%80%99-z-Banned-for-burst-limited-proposal)

Pages: 1 2

Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - TheRogueBlader - Aug. 05, 2021

So I have a proposal to ban zone’ + z in burst limited. Unlike drift, this driver basically has no weaknesses. It’s life after death is very close to drift, it has excellent defense, it won’t burst cause it’s a dash driver, it moves around and can attack, and it has really good same spin stamina. All of this into one driver makes it overpowered. In standard, nothing is banned so you can’t really complain especially since in standard Dynamite beys make drift have good same spin due to downaward force. But in the burs tlimited format, I feel zone’ +z is a bit too powerful and unfair. I haven’t been to an official tournament, and I will very soon though, but please consider this proposal.

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - BuilderROB - Aug. 05, 2021

I don’t see why people call Zone’+Z’s same spin really good or even good. It’s same spin stamina is fine at best, but it’s certainly not great. The only reason I’d see reason to ban it is because Xtend+ is banned, and zone’+Z has more opposite spin stamina than Xtend+. If anything, zone’+Z needs to be banned in Classic because because of how few left spin layers there are in that format, and how OP a left spin combo using zone’+Z would be in that format.

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - TheRogueBlader - Aug. 05, 2021

(Aug. 05, 2021  1:25 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I don’t see why people call Zone’+Z’s same spin really good or even good. It’s same spin stamina is fine at best, but it’s certainly not great. The only reason I’d see reason to ban it is because Xtend+ is banned, and zone’+Z has more opposite spin stamina than Xtend+. If anything, zone’+Z needs to be banned in Classic because because of how few left spin layers there are in that format, and how OP a left spin combo using zone’+Z would be in that format.
So you agree the zone’ +z should be banned in limited? Also aren’t there 0 leftspin beys in classic? Cause lost longinus is banned, so is there a leftspin metal fight bey, or am I forgetting something?

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - Suzaku-X - Aug. 05, 2021

(Aug. 05, 2021  1:28 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  1:25 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I don’t see why people call Zone’+Z’s same spin really good or even good. It’s same spin stamina is fine at best, but it’s certainly not great. The only reason I’d see reason to ban it is because Xtend+ is banned, and zone’+Z has more opposite spin stamina than Xtend+. If anything, zone’+Z needs to be banned in Classic because because of how few left spin layers there are in that format, and how OP a left spin combo using zone’+Z would be in that format.
So you agree the zone’ +z should be banned in limited? Also aren’t there 0 leftspin beys in classic? Cause lost longinus is banned, so is there a leftspin metal fight bey, or am I forgetting something?

Dragoon F.

(Aug. 05, 2021  1:31 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  1:28 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So you agree the zone’ +z should be banned in limited? Also aren’t there 0 leftspin beys in classic? Cause lost longinus is banned, so is there a leftspin metal fight bey, or am I forgetting something?

Dragoon F.

Oh, I don’t really know about mfb, or plastic gen. Is dragoon F the only leftspin?

(Aug. 05, 2021  1:28 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

I mean, maybe, testing should be done for it in limited, but I feel the recent releases of all these LAD drivers being as good or better than Xtend+ should make you question why Xtend+ is banned when these drivers aren’t. I feel the same spin might nerf it enough to make it not too OP for limited.

(Aug. 05, 2021  1:51 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  1:28 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So you agree the zone’ +z should be banned in limited? Also aren’t there 0 leftspin beys in classic? Cause lost longinus is banned, so is there a leftspin metal fight bey, or am I forgetting something?

I mean, maybe, testing should be done for it in limited, but I feel the recent releases of all these LAD drivers being as good or better than Xtend+ should make you question why Xtend+ is banned when these drivers aren’t. I feel the same spin might nerf it enough to make it not too OP for limited.

That’s true, thought Xtend+ still has amazing LAD, and it should be banned because of its same spin and opposite spin, the thing is just, like you said, why is Xtend+ banned when other drivers that are even more op like zone’ +z banned.

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - DeceasedCrab - Aug. 05, 2021

Wait, what? You've been to Zero tournaments and you're proposing banning Zone'+Z? What are you even doing? Why make this thread?

We've already seen it in Classic and it was NOT horribly overpowered. It is NOT as good as Bearing and it has a somewhat different shape and behavior.

It's been in the winning combos for 2 Burst Limited tournaments so far, but it doesn't sound too overpowering yet.

They really will need to see it in more Limited tournaments before they decide whether or not to ban it. And guess what: It's already on the Burst Limited watchlist.

This should be merged into WBO Random Thoughts.

(Aug. 05, 2021  2:25 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Wait, what? You've been to Zero tournaments and you're proposing banning Zone'+Z? What are you even doing? Why make this thread?

We've already seen it in Classic and it was NOT horribly overpowered. It is NOT as good as Bearing and it has a somewhat different shape and behavior.

It's been in the winning combos for 2 Burst Limited tournaments so far, but it doesn't sound too overpowering yet.

They really will need to see it in more Limited tournaments before they decide whether or not to ban it. And guess what: It's already on the Burst Limited watchlist.
Sorry, but what’s the watchlist?

(Aug. 05, 2021  2:31 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  2:25 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Wait, what? You've been to Zero tournaments and you're proposing banning Zone'+Z? What are you even doing? Why make this thread?

Sorry, but what’s the watchlist?

Something you need a passing familiarity with before saying something should be banned.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Organized-Play-Announcement-WBO-Watchlist?highlight=watchlist

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - SeaBASS90 - Aug. 05, 2021

(Aug. 05, 2021  1:19 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So I have a proposal to ban zone’ + z in burst limited. Unlike drift, this driver basically has no weaknesses. It’s life after death is very close to drift, it has excellent defense, it won’t burst cause it’s a dash driver, it moves around and can attack, and it has really good same spin stamina. All of this into one driver makes it overpowered. In standard, nothing is banned so you can’t really complain especially since in standard Dynamite beys make drift have good same spin due to downaward force. But in the burs tlimited format, I feel zone’ +z is a bit too powerful and unfair. I haven’t been to an official tournament, and I will very soon though, but please consider this proposal.

I'm not sure who's side I'm on yet, but I do think you have a good point except that it doesn't have great opposite-spin stamina.

(Aug. 05, 2021  2:54 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  1:19 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So I have a proposal to ban zone’ + z in burst limited. Unlike drift, this driver basically has no weaknesses. It’s life after death is very close to drift, it has excellent defense, it won’t burst cause it’s a dash driver, it moves around and can attack, and it has really good same spin stamina. All of this into one driver makes it overpowered. In standard, nothing is banned so you can’t really complain especially since in standard Dynamite beys make drift have good same spin due to downaward force. But in the burs tlimited format, I feel zone’ +z is a bit too powerful and unfair. I haven’t been to an official tournament, and I will very soon though, but please consider this proposal.

I'm not sure who's side I'm on yet, but I do think you have a good point except that it doesn't have great opposite-spin stamina.
Zone’ +z has the best opposite spin stamina, or LAD of any driver besides drift. And if it’s against drift, a dual spin combo can just switch to same spin, and if it’s not against drift it can switch to opposite spin.

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - CheetoBlader - Aug. 05, 2021

(Aug. 05, 2021  2:55 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  2:54 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote: I'm not sure who's side I'm on yet, but I do think you have a good point except that it doesn't have great opposite-spin stamina.
Zone’ +z has the best opposite spin stamina, or LAD of any driver besides drift. And if it’s against drift, a dual spin combo can just switch to same spin, and if it’s not against drift it can switch to opposite spin.

Yes but dual spin combos can’t switch.

Make sure you’re up to dare with all the rules and updates before posting ban proposals.

(Aug. 05, 2021  3:02 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  2:55 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Zone’ +z has the best opposite spin stamina, or LAD of any driver besides drift. And if it’s against drift, a dual spin combo can just switch to same spin, and if it’s not against drift it can switch to opposite spin.

Yes but dual spin combos can’t switch.

Make sure you’re up to dare with all the rules and updates before posting ban proposals.
Yeah, but say we are back in sparking, cause for dB this example would be complicated, you have world spriggan 1S wheel zone’ +z, and you are up against mirage on drift. You could choose to go in Leftspin mode and boom. Victory. If you are up against say curse satan on drift or something, boom right spin and victory. Ok you are up against infinite on ev’? Leftspin victory boom. In standard, there are DB beys now so it’s not that simple. In limited however, it is that simple considering that the only other driver  like zone’ +z I with good same spin with also good opposite spin, Xtend+ Is banned. So if you have legend spriggan or, a combo I recently saw, gravity Perseus on outer or wheel hasbro zone’ +z you are practically invincible.

(Aug. 05, 2021  3:17 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  3:02 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Yes but dual spin combos can’t switch.

Yeah, but say we are back in sparking, cause for dB this example would be complicated, you have world spriggan 1S wheel zone’ +z, and you are up against mirage on drift. You could choose to go in Leftspin mode and boom. Victory. If you are up against say curse satan on drift or something, boom right spin and victory. Ok you are up against infinite on ev’? Leftspin victory boom. In standard, there are DB beys now so it’s not that simple. In limited however, it is that simple considering that the only other driver  like zone’ +z I with good same spin with also good opposite spin, Xtend+ Is banned. So if you have legend spriggan or, a combo I recently saw, gravity Perseus on outer or wheel hasbro zone’ +z you are practically invincible.
You missed the point, and did not listen.

In no Burst format are you allowed to change spin directions in a round.

Please go read all the rulebooks and do some testing if you’re going to continue.

(Aug. 05, 2021  3:21 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  3:17 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah, but say we are back in sparking, cause for dB this example would be complicated, you have world spriggan 1S wheel zone’ +z, and you are up against mirage on drift. You could choose to go in Leftspin mode and boom. Victory. If you are up against say curse satan on drift or something, boom right spin and victory. Ok you are up against infinite on ev’? Leftspin victory boom. In standard, there are DB beys now so it’s not that simple. In limited however, it is that simple considering that the only other driver  like zone’ +z I with good same spin with also good opposite spin, Xtend+ Is banned. So if you have legend spriggan or, a combo I recently saw, gravity Perseus on outer or wheel hasbro zone’ +z you are practically invincible.
You missed the point, and did not listen.

Please go read all the rulebooks and do some testing if you’re going to continue.
I did “The mode of any dual-spin Layer or Layer Base must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before submitting it to the judge for inspection. After a combination has been submitted for inspection, the mode of a dual-spin part cannot be changed for the duration of the match.”
that’s what it says, but I’m confused. Can’t you just switch the spin before you start battling? Or do you switch the spin before your opponent shows you his bey?

(Aug. 05, 2021  3:26 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  3:21 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: You missed the point, and did not listen.

I did “
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]The mode of any dual-spin Layer or Layer Base [/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]must be [/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before submitting it to the judge for inspection.[/font][/font]
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]After a combination has been submitted for inspection, the mode of a dual-spin part [/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]cannot[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif] be changed for the duration of the match.”[/font][/font]
    that’s what it says, but I’m confused. Can’t you just switch the spin before you start battling? Or do you switch the spin before your opponent shows you his bey?

No, you cannot change it after seeing the opponents selection.

(Aug. 05, 2021  3:28 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  3:26 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I did “
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]The mode of any dual-spin Layer or Layer Base [/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]must be [/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before submitting it to the judge for inspection.[/font][/font]
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]After a combination has been submitted for inspection, the mode of a dual-spin part [/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]cannot[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif] be changed for the duration of the match.”[/font][/font]

No, you cannot change it after seeing the opponents selection.
So you have to switch the spin before you see the opponents bey? And does the same rule apply for Swiss format and deck format?

(Aug. 05, 2021  3:53 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  3:28 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: No, you cannot change it after seeing the opponents selection.
So you have to switch the spin before you see the opponents bey? And does the same rule apply for Swiss format and deck format?

Yes, you have to decide the spin direction before seeing the opponent’s selection. 

It doesn’t matter the format the matches are run in, only the tournament’s format. So no matter if you’re swiss, round robin, or double elimination, it’s the tournament format’s rules that count for the beys.

You bring the dual spin layer in the spin direction you want it to go in. If you realize you've made a mistake and it's not in the spin direction you want, after it's been revealed to the judge, it's really too late.

It used to be that certain layers could change spin direction once a match. That is no longer the case. The spriggans were Way Too Powerful when spin direction change was a thing.

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - Beybladedb - Aug. 05, 2021

(Aug. 05, 2021  4:33 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You bring the dual spin layer in the spin direction you want it to go in. If you realize you've made a mistake and it's not in the spin direction you want, after it's been revealed to the judge, it's really too late.

It used to be that certain layers could change spin direction once a match. That is no longer the case. The spriggans were Way Too Powerful when spin direction change was a thing.

does the spin alteration rule on the dual-spin beys also also apply on 5g format and 3v3

I don't know what WBBA's rules on spin direction are. It does not much matter to me. WBO's rules for all Burst formats are, at the moment, consistent: no direction change.

(Aug. 05, 2021  4:36 PM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2021  4:33 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You bring the dual spin layer in the spin direction you want it to go in. If you realize you've made a mistake and it's not in the spin direction you want, after it's been revealed to the judge, it's really too late.

does the spin alteration rule on the dual-spin beys also also apply on 5g format and 3v3

What are those formats?

Question: When you make this statement, do you mean overall, or that Zone’+Z isn’t as good as bearing in classic? I ask this because Zone’+Z definitely should have the edge over Bearing. Zone’+Z is considered the second best for opposite spin LAD second only to drift, or his statement just confuses me unless you’re only talking about Classic.

RE: Zone’ +z Banned for burst limited proposal - TheRogueBlader - Sep. 24, 2021

(Aug. 05, 2021  5:03 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

Question: When you make this statement, do you mean overall, or that Zone’+Z isn’t as good as bearing in classic? I ask this because Zone’+Z definitely should have the edge over Bearing. Zone’+Z is considered the second best for opposite spin LAD second only to drift, or his statement just confuses me unless you’re only talking about Classic.
I think he’s talking about classic