World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! (/Thread-Metal-Fight-Beyblade-Everything-you-need-to-know)

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Synesthesia - Aug. 01, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:I just think this is silly to say when all we've seen is videos of complete strangers shooting them with half-hearted strength, utilizing zero technique. None of us have used them yet.

Fair enough, and you do have a very good points.

I'll save my assumptions for when they are actually tested by people here.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Aug. 01, 2008

That being said, seeing Sagitarrio from the side confirmed a big fear of mine ...

The WD being removed from this new system makes taller Beyblades susceptible to just about anything. They're going to have to do something about this and release a part that can fight Upper Attack.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Roan - Aug. 01, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:The WD being removed from this new system makes taller Beyblades susceptible to just about anything.

I was wondering if this was going to happen.

Seems it will. That sucks.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Synesthesia - Aug. 01, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:That being said, seeing Sagitarrio from the side confirmed a big fear of mine ...

The WD being removed from this new system makes taller Beyblades susceptible to just about anything. They're going to have to do something about this and release a part that can fight Upper Attack.

The WD did offer some protection.

Releasing a Bearing Type that comes along with a part that can combat Upper seems like the way to go. Without it, any tall beyblade probably will have trouble staying in the stadium.

I never thought of this, and it does suck.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Grey - Aug. 01, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:That being said, seeing Sagitarrio from the side confirmed a big fear of mine ...

Yeah, I noticed this during the first video of MFB: Sagittario looks way too high and awkward to be of any real effect...

Couldn't an Upper Attack Wheel that was in reverse direction (like Dranzer MS' AR) beat a right-spin Upper Attack Wheel, since the swoop is interfered with?

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Maz - Aug. 01, 2008

Upper attack wouldent work in that instance since its opposite spin direction.

Maz Wrote:Upper attack wouldent work in that instance since its opposite spin direction.

Erm...not what I meant, exactly.

Okay, say a Driger MS, right spin, was fighting a Dranzer MS, right spin. They're relatively the same height. Driger's AR performs Upper Attack in Right-Spin, Dranzer's AR performs Upper Attack in Left Spin. But since they're both spinning in right spin, Driger's Upper Attack, which swoops upwards, fails because Dranzer's AR swoops downward.

Is this correct?
I may have explained it funny, but this is how I understand it to work.

Well Dranzer MS's AR doesent swoop down wards. Your thinking of Force Smash. Its the opposite of upper. Honestly i dont have much faith of force smash being used competitively so i dont mess with it. I would think if it counteracted upper attack it would be used more so im guessing upper attack does its job against a force smasher.

Maz Wrote:Well Dranzer MS's AR doesent swoop down wards. Your thinking of Force Smash. Its the opposite of upper. Honestly i dont have much faith of force smash being used competitively so i dont mess with it. I would think if it counteracted upper attack it would be used more so im guessing upper attack does its job against a force smasher.

When it's spinning in right-spin, it swoops downward. It basically counter-acts the Driger's upward-swooping Metal Upper.

Is that really what Force Smash is? I never saw a description of Force Smash, so I just thought it was a stronger version of Smash Attack. Lips_sealed

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Kei - Aug. 01, 2008

Dranzer MS's AR (Spiral Upper) actually does have some upper capabilities. Though, its been outclassed by many ARs obviously.

Force smash is basicly upside down upper attack.
Instead of pushing the other blade up it pushes it down.
Needs a tall enough base/RC to get over opponent.
Also the higher spin rate the beter.

Kei Wrote:Dranzer MS's AR (Spiral Upper) actually does have some upper capabilities. Though, its been outclassed by many ARs obviously.

It kinda bugged me that the Upper Attack could only be used in Left Spin, which I'm really not used to.

But yeah, Spiral Upper's Upper Attack in Left-Spin has around the same effect as Metal Upper in Right-Spin, and Metal Upper was outclassed by...both Circle Upper and Samurai Upper, right?

EDIT: Oh, and thank you Maz. I was wondering what Force Smash is, and I have to say, your description works a lot better than what I thougth Force Smash was...^^;

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - FFX - Aug. 01, 2008

I'm actually really excited to see the new opportunities for force smash with MFB. I expect this is the only reason taller tracks will be used, for wobbling/force smash

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - boh - Aug. 01, 2008

by the looks of libra, it will probably be a balance type. the image already gave it away. there's also an image of a scale in the background of the balance sign

:rei:hey, just found out that Toywiz did a little modification on thier website. Still suprised they haven't change the price for the 2 starters without beypointer

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Nic - Aug. 01, 2008

Synesthesia Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:Also, just because the Wheel in question has good Upper doesn't make it an Attack-type. Could see it being useful for adding Attack to Defense or Stamina combos.

Which would make it one of the most versatile ARs of the MFB, kind of like Circle Upper.

Are we sure that it has better upper than Bull though? It certainly has more defensive capabilities than Bull, but I'm not so sure offensively though.
I'm more looking forward to this as a survival type, actually. In the actual production, I very much doubt that it will be sloped so steeply.

Kai-V Wrote:Other videos (ignore the man talking) :
http://trend.gyao.jp/goods/entry-1373.html
The man makes a comparison between Metal Fight Beyblade and bolts and screws.
Also, it looks like every stadium is not black and comes with cardboard walls to protect the players.

I'm glad they made the protection bigger. The old type used to get in the way of shooting.

i think the reason Takara-Tomy are bringing back the old designs are because they have already thought of every ideas they could of imagine. they shouldn't focuse so much about this because they have other things to make. i give them props for making this far.

boh = monkey king Wrote:i think the reason Takara-Tomy are bringing back the old designs are because they have already thought of every ideas they could of imagine. they shouldn't focuse so much about this because they have other things to make. i give them props for making this far.

How about the fact that most of the old designs they have were big sellers? I'm sure they haven't already thought of everything imaginable, since we have a ton of ideas in the Beyblade parts you want to see come true! topic. I think they're rehashing because of a lack of ideas, but the profit they gain from using old designs has something to do with it.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Kei - Aug. 01, 2008

You know, guys, all this talk of the Beyblades is nice, but there is one question that has been killing me for a while.

WILL BLADER DJ MAKE A COMEBACK!? He has not been online in a while, so I would assume, YES.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - bugturtles - Aug. 01, 2008

Kei Wrote:You know, guys, all this talk of the Beyblades is nice, but there is one question that has been killing me for a while.

WILL BLADER DJ MAKE A COMEBACK!? He has not been online in a while, so I would assume, YES.

They should at least have a Blader DJ relative or something in the new anime. D:

bugturtles Wrote:
Kei Wrote:You know, guys, all this talk of the Beyblades is nice, but there is one question that has been killing me for a while.

They should at least have a Blader DJ relative or something in the new anime. D:

They beter :l

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Lee - Aug. 01, 2008

boh = monkey king Wrote::rei:hey, just found out that Toywiz did a little modification on thier website. Still suprised they haven't change the price for the 2 starters without beypointer
Hm?
8.99 right? Why would that change?

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Bey Brad - Aug. 01, 2008

Lee Wrote:
boh = monkey king Wrote::rei:hey, just found out that Toywiz did a little modification on thier website. Still suprised they haven't change the price for the 2 starters without beypointer
Hm?

Those are the boosters, not the starters.

Toywiz is selling the Sagitarrio and Leo starters for the same price as Pegasis and Bull, even though they don't have the Beypointer.

RE: Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know! - Lee - Aug. 01, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:
Lee Wrote:
Hm?

Those are the boosters, not the starters.

Toywiz is selling the Sagitarrio and Leo starters for the same price as Pegasis and Bull, even though they don't have the Beypointer.
So you're saying that Pegasis and Bull boosters come with a pointer? What about a launcher? Or am I getting this totally wrong? xD

They come with both a Beypointer and a Shooter.