World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced! (/Thread-Graphics-Tournament-Grand-Finalist-and-3rd-and-4th-Play-Off-Finalist-Announced)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Kai-V - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  4:31 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: In regards to deciding the themes for the finals, the participant with the highest 'Vote Percentage' will be given the advantage of deciding the theme for the Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Play Off and the Grand Final. Participants Vote Percentage from the Group Stage will be carried over to the finals. I'll create a special table demonstrating this.

Hm, would it not be fairer if it was the person with the lowest vote percentage who had the ability to choose the theme ? If I had the highest vote percentage and chose Dir en grey for the theme, I do not think it would be fair at all ...

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - BeybladerPotter - Aug. 07, 2011

Cool. Hm...seeing as this is almost ending, I'll be glad to host one with fellow DeX and Xyo 'cuz I can't really go on during weekdays. Anyway, for the meantime, congrats Noodoo! Now to start cooking up another battle..aha! Get ready to battle BBS, DeX, Xyo, Vintage and etc.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - othellog - Aug. 07, 2011

Fyuuor Post (Click to View)
Congrats Noodoosoup, I hope to play you in the finals. We all know what's happening in the blah vs Soul_ battle. So, ya........
You get my drift, but my finals spot is not official till that battle is over.
BP, I'd like to battle sometime, I'll work something out, just not this week. Tongue_out

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  4:37 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:31 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: In regards to deciding the themes for the finals, the participant with the highest 'Vote Percentage' will be given the advantage of deciding the theme for the Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Play Off and the Grand Final. Participants Vote Percentage from the Group Stage will be carried over to the finals. I'll create a special table demonstrating this.

Hm, would it not be fairer if it was the person with the lowest vote percentage who had the ability to choose the theme ? If I had the highest vote percentage and chose Dir en grey for the theme, I do not think it would be fair at all ...

It would be fairer in that sense, as it would even the playing field so to speak. However, I believe those participants with the higher vote percentage deserve a reward for demonstrating a strong performance throughout the course of the Tournament. In most sporting finals, teams which finish the regular season in the top 4 are given an advantage over the teams which qualify for the finals but place from 5th to 8th.

This system rewards strong performances and encourages persons to create their best work possible

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Kai-V - Aug. 07, 2011

But if a person is that good, then they can still work well even with another person's chosen theme, while the other might not do so good with the "best graphics makers"' favourite theme ...

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Vintage - Aug. 07, 2011

blah and Blitz Unicorno, if you're using the same software, then it's possible. Just complete half, and send it to your partner to do the other half. Pretty sure it's called collaboration.
Oh, and congrats Noodoo on making it to the finals. Smile

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  5:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But if a person is that good, then they can still work well even with another person's chosen theme, while the other might not do so good with the "best graphics makers"' favourite theme ...

While this is a valid point, unfortunately I won't be altering the manner in which the theme is chosen in the finals. I strongly believe that those participants who have displayed strong performances deserve to be rewarded for having such a high win percentage. This method of giving the 'better' participants a slight advantage has been used in sport for many years, it encourages persons to create their best work. I believe your method handicaps persons who win by strong margins whereas we need to be encouraging strong win margins.

I think of it as having a home ground advantage in a sporting final. In sport they don't give home finals to the lower placed finalist, it's an advantage which is earned.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - RAW - Aug. 07, 2011

Again...I will have another late entry as I was too busy celebrating to upload the picture last night -_____-

Sorry.

That's fine, just remember as of this moment you have incurred a 4 vote penalty. Each subsequent day your entry is late you will receive an additional 2 vote penalty. If I don't receive your Round 5 submission by the 10 th of August by 12AM/0000HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time you will automatically forfeit Round 5.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Finals Announced 12th - 14th - Fyuuor - Aug. 08, 2011

I've updated the OP with the current standings, it really gives you an impression of how important Round 5 is for peoples chances of progressing towards the Finals.

I'm still waiting for a Round 5 entry from:

Hope
RAW

If I don't receive an entry from these participants in 16 hours, they will automatically forfeit Round 5.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Finals Announced 12th - 14th - Greimatter - Aug. 09, 2011

I'll be turning in my entry soon, my laptop's new charger is to arrive tomorrow or the day after.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Finals Announced 12th - 14th - Fyuuor - Aug. 09, 2011

As of this moment Hope has automatically forfeited his Round 5 battle against Greimatter.

Due to participants who consistently send entries late it throws the entire Tournament off. To be honest I'll be glad to have this portion of the Tournament behind us, as those who are a chance of participating in the Finals have always sent there entries in on time.

(Aug. 09, 2011  3:39 AM)Greimatter Wrote: I'll be turning in my entry soon, my laptop's new charger is to arrive tomorrow or the day after.

Just as long as you send me something. It doesn't need to be good as nobody else will see this entry, it's simply so that you have the opportunity to gain 3 victory points and make yourself look better in the standings.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Finals Announced 12th - 14th - Fyuuor - Aug. 13, 2011

I’m going to announce the entire finalist list now, even though there is an active battle between Xyo and Callum6939 which is still open for 1 more day. I’ll explain my reasoning for announcing the finalist 1 day early.

In order for Xyo to progress to the finals he will need to finish his current battle with Callum6939 with a minimum vote percentage of 92.3 %, this number was calculated in accordance with Xyo’s current vote percentage for the Tournament which is 64.44%. If he achieves a win margin of 92.3% he will increase his overall vote average to 71.40%, this will be enough to overturn Omega from his position as his current vote average is 71.35%.

However, realistically this doesn’t seem likely. Calculating from the current amount of votes which Xyo has received from his battle against Callum6939, Xyo will need to gain at least another 110 votes in 1 day without his opponent receiving a single vote. As the battle between Xyo and Callum6939 is already quite close with a current score of 12 to 10 to Entry 1, this makes this scenario seem even more unlikely. Due to the extremely improbable nature of this scenario occurring, I’m going to announce the participants of each Group who will progress to the finals.

Final Standings for Group Stage
*There are currently 2 active battles, 1 each from Group B and D*

Please congratulate all the finalists!
NoodooSoup, Omega, Fyuuor and othellog!

These participants will all battle for the opportunity to become the WBO’s 1st GFX Champion!

The Finals!!

Semi Finalist:
Group A - NoodooSoup: Vote Percentage - 69.30%
Group B - Omega: Vote Percentage - 71.35%
Group C - Fyuuor: Vote Percentage - 78.25%
Group D - othellog: Vote Percentage - 78.39%

Fixtures for the Semi Finals:

Semi Final 1: NoodooSoup Vs Omega
The theme is - Pokemon
Entries due the 21st of August

Semi Final 2: Fyuuor Vs othellog
[The theme is - Ubuntu Linux
Entries due the 20th of August

*Please note*
Participants have a maximun of 2 days to choose a theme.

(Jun. 24, 2011  3:08 PM)Fyuuor Wrote:
Information Regarding The Finals

- Participants in the Semi Final and 3rd and 4th Final, will be given 1 week to create and submit their entry to the designated person within the 1 week deadline.
- Participants in the Grand Final will be given 9 days to complete and submit their entry to the designated person within the 9 day time frame.
- From the moment a participants announces the theme for a battle, the time frame will be set from the day the theme was announced.
- Participants have a maximun of 2 day to choose a theme.
- Voting penalties apply for late entries.
- To the winner of the Tournament they will receive a customary userbar indicating that they were the WBO GFX Champion. Plus, most of all they'll receive a massive amount of respect! The participates whom place 2nd and 3rd place, will also receive a customary userbar.
- The themes for the finals will be decided by the participant with the highest 'Vote Percentage'. This will be occur for all Finals battles which include, the Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Play Off and the Grand Final. Participants Vote Percentage from the Group Stage will be carried over to the finals.

Would anybody like to volunteer to accept mine and othellog's entries? This will also involve creating the battle thread Grin

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - Xyo - Aug. 13, 2011

i volunteer though ill post tomorrow but i dont get it is it still possible for me to get in the finals?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Finals Announced 12th - 14th - othellog - Aug. 13, 2011

Fyuuor's Post (Click to View)
Fyuuor, I'm really looking forward to our battle.
I choose theme. LOL,what will it be?!
BTW how much do I have to choose a theme.....

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - Temporal - Aug. 13, 2011

(Aug. 13, 2011  12:54 AM)Xyo Wrote: i volunteer though ill post tomorrow but i dont get it is it still possible for me to get in the finals?

Technically, yes. Realistically, no. Unless you get 110+ votes today, you wouldn't.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - NoodooSoup - Aug. 13, 2011

Awwww yeah, it's battle time B) Pick your theme, Omega; I'm itching to start Eee

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - Fyuuor - Aug. 13, 2011

(Aug. 13, 2011  12:54 AM)Xyo Wrote: i volunteer though ill post tomorrow but i dont get it is it still possible for me to get in the finals?

No problem, you can accept mine and othellog's entries. The earliest you'll need to create the battle thread is the 21st of August.

*EDIT* Thanks Temporal for explaining this.

It's still possible for you to get to the Finals, however it's incredibly unlikely. For you to progress to the Finals you’ll need to receive another 110 votes in 1 day, while your opponent cannot receive any more votes for the duration of the match.

(Aug. 13, 2011  12:58 AM)othellog Wrote: Fyuuor, I'm really looking forward to our battle.

Thanks, it should be a good battle Joyful_3

I'll make it that you and Omega have 2 days to choose a theme for your battle, though it would be preferable if you chose it sooner.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - Xyo - Aug. 13, 2011

Tired its a miracle if i get in well good luck to all Grin

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - othellog - Aug. 13, 2011

(Aug. 13, 2011  1:16 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2011  12:58 AM)othellog Wrote: Fyuuor, I'm really looking forward to our battle.

Thanks, it should be a good battle Joyful_3

I'll make it that you and Omega have 2 days to choose a theme for your battle, though it would be preferable if you chose it sooner.
I'm cool with that.
I'm starting to think whatever theme I choose I'll just end up losing, lol.
If Fyuuor is Chuck Norris and I'm Brian Griffin,

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - Temporal - Aug. 13, 2011

Hey, no defeatist talk! You have a damn good chance.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - othellog - Aug. 13, 2011

I know what the theme will be. I'll pm Fyuuor.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - SilverPoseidon - Aug. 14, 2011

haha congrats on everyone who made it to the seimifinals

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - othellog - Aug. 14, 2011

(Aug. 13, 2011  4:32 AM)Temporal Wrote: Hey, no defeatist talk! You have a damn good chance.
Lol, I was joking around.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 5 Voting/Semi Finalist Announced! - Xyo - Aug. 14, 2011

Congratulations and good luck to all hopefully ill get it next time Grin