World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? (/Thread-Do-you-think-the-WBO-should-hold-team-tournaments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Mar. 14, 2012

Why is it so hard for people to understand we're definitely going with the Tag Team format with two players and no more, and there is no point discussing anything else?

Smithicide

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Luck - Mar. 14, 2012

Fair enough. hahaha.
but still if the're tag team battles then surely anyone can compete as long as there's only two of you!?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Mar. 14, 2012

Our tournaments are always open to everybody.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - KyubiBey - Mar. 15, 2012

I've been thinking of that for a while. If it was one member of Team A battles Team B once, that would be stupid considering you'd have to be winning from luck. However, if one member of Team A battles Team B with a 2 of 3 or 3 of 5, then it would be better. Also, it would have to be a 3 man team.

Also, for the BeyRank issue, make a Team BeyRank system...

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Mar. 15, 2012

(Mar. 15, 2012  7:30 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: I've been thinking of that for a while. If it was one member of Team A battles Team B once, that would be stupid considering you'd have to be winning from luck. However, if one member of Team A battles Team B with a 2 of 3 or 3 of 5, then it would be better. Also, it would have to be a 3 man team.

Also, for the BeyRank issue, make a Team BeyRank system...

Again, it's already been decided that it would be Tag Team format, i.e. 2 People per team. The reasons why have been explained more times than this thread has pages.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Vanitas - Mar. 20, 2012

I think most people are not understanding that if WBO host a team tournament you have to disband your former team witch is not true. Let's say there team tournament and i have a team of 4 and only 2 people can enter as a unit you can divide your group of 4 into 2 and enter the tournament and have both units in the tournament to represent your team

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Mar. 20, 2012

(Mar. 20, 2012  10:35 PM)Vanitas Wrote: I think most people are not understanding that if WBO host a team tournament you have to disband your former team witch is not true. Let's say there team tournament and i have a team of 4 and only 2 people can enter as a unit you can divide your group of 4 into 2 and enter the tournament and have both units in the tournament to represent your team

What if your team has an odd number of members?

You are correct about the no-disbanding thing, but I don't think that's the main issue, the main thing is lack of valid discussion because people aren't aware of the tag team thing.......

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Blood - Apr. 14, 2012

(Mar. 14, 2012  8:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: Why is it so hard for people to understand we're definitely going with the Tag Team format with two players and no more, and there is no point discussing anything else?

Smithicide

Wasn't that what everyone wanted?
(Wait, that means I could host one anytime?) That's awesome.
But.. Why isn't this thread closed, then?
I think it's good enough with 2 IMO.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Hazel - Apr. 14, 2012

The team format is not approved, and thereby you cannot host team tournaments of any kind under the WBO name, for the time being.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Apr. 15, 2012

Mmm, my post didn't make that clear enough, but yeah. "If we do team tournaments, it'll be tag team with two players." is what I meant.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - sonicx - May. 15, 2012

I think we should do team tournaments so it could be more organized Stupid

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Spy - May. 23, 2012

What I would say is that it would be a tough thing as most of the teams are of their cities.
Only a few bladers travel from one city to another for a tourney.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - AquarioBeafowl - May. 26, 2012

yes please that is an awesome idea

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Thunder Dome - May. 26, 2012

I don't think you should do this because it would be hard to keep up with points

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - dariel360 - Jun. 09, 2012

yes,why not

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Coach - Jun. 09, 2012

You know guys you could do a secondary tournament along with the official tournament. It wouldn't be that hard it would just make for a longer day. At Beydays after the WBO tournament ended we did one in a tornado attack stadium. It just doesn't count for points it's just for fun or maybe prizes.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Nitrohammer - Jun. 09, 2012

I think that we should, It'll be fun. But alot of bladers are low experience and knowledge.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Capricorn7 - Jun. 17, 2012

This is a great idea. They could make a Team ranking system or beypoints could go directly to you from each of you're match's.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Vanitas - Jun. 17, 2012

If you look they already talked about team ranking and it would take up a lot of time to create

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Capricorn7 - Jun. 17, 2012

(Jun. 17, 2012  7:11 AM)Vanitas Wrote: If you look they already talked about team ranking and it would take up a lot of time to create
I saw it i thought i could suggest is again :\

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Anchor - Jun. 20, 2012

DJ - Yeah! Yes! That would be so cool....Supaburn

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - torch-v03 - Jul. 08, 2012

yes i think that will make bladers more determend
[/size]
yes i think that will make bladers more determend

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Cosmic - Jul. 08, 2012

yes please do this!! It would be so PRO!!

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Uwik - Jul. 09, 2012

So Indonesia just had its first WBBA Tag Team Tournament on July 8th, simultaneously in 2 cities (Jakarta & Surabaya).

Format:
  • 1 team = 3 members
  • Single Elimination
  • Points System
    - KO = 2 points
    - OS = 1 point
    - Slip Out = 1 point (to opponent)
  • 1 Combo per beybattle per team member
  • A minimum of 3 points gain will end the beybattle
  • 1 vs 1 battle
  • After all 3 members battle, the points will be tallied up, and the team with higher total points will advance.

The whole experience was a blast. It was a lot of fun, and you could totally feel the sense of camaraderie. You had your teammates cheering for you in each battle, and helped each other out.

Scenario:

In the semifinal, I was called first in my team to battle, and was totally slaughtered (I won 1 OS, but lost 2 KOs, for a total point of 1-4). Fortunately my teammates pulled through and won their respective beybattles, resulting in our team advances to the final.

In the final, one of my teammates fell short with (0-3 points), but we pulled through by winning our share of beybattles, and ended up placing 1st for the whole event.

Overall, it was a 'unique' feeling to be able to rely on others to pull through and vice versa, as opposed to regular tournaments, where at times you might feel that the whole world is up against you.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Eternal-E - Jul. 09, 2012

i say no because not all people really can find a good team.
plus, how would you find the best of the best?