World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A (/Thread-Product-B-176-Random-Booster-Vol-23-Hollow-Deathscyther-12Axe-High-Accel%E2%80%99-4A)

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Zeutron - Dec. 17, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  8:59 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  8:55 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Too many varying contact points cancels that idea out. Killer Deathscyther was garbage and this thing is effectively the same thing as it inherits all the same issues + more since it’s unbalanced.

First of all, the main reason this is unbalanced is because of 4A. You can just swap that out. Second of all, this layer not working on any attack combos is just a stupid train of thought. Of course its gonna work on some attack combos. yeah the lay out and size of the contact points makes it way different than others and thats obviously gonna make it harder to find a combo. Impossible? Heck no.

According to the description, it has an irregular centre of gravity effectively meaning that it is shifted and unbalanced. Also, it’s not a stupid train of thought, some things don’t work and that’s just the way it is, not everything is fit for the metagame. It’s inconsistently designed, can’t synergize with any shape, has no specialty and is unbalanced in a metagame where knockouts and bursts are a much lesser occurrence.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Eclipse Force - Dec. 17, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:01 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  8:59 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: First of all, the main reason this is unbalanced is because of 4A. You can just swap that out. Second of all, this layer not working on any attack combos is just a stupid train of thought. Of course its gonna work on some attack combos. yeah the lay out and size of the contact points makes it way different than others and thats obviously gonna make it harder to find a combo. Impossible? Heck no.

According to the description, it has an irregular centre of gravity effectively meaning that it is shifted and unbalanced. Also, it’s not a stupid train of thought, some things don’t work and that’s just the way it is as not everything is fit for the metagame. It’s inconsistent, has no specialty and is unbalanced in a metagame where knockouts and bursts are much harder to make occur.

To not work on any attack combos is dumb. How would it not work on ANY attack combo's? yes its inconsistent meaning it'll be hard to find a combo, but no attack combo's? We have so many parts now. Of course it'll make it harder to find a combo, but no attack combo's? At all? Come on.

There are so many parts now that might as well be impossible.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Zeutron - Dec. 17, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:07 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:01 PM)Zeutron Wrote: According to the description, it has an irregular centre of gravity effectively meaning that it is shifted and unbalanced. Also, it’s not a stupid train of thought, some things don’t work and that’s just the way it is as not everything is fit for the metagame. It’s inconsistent, has no specialty and is unbalanced in a metagame where knockouts and bursts are much harder to make occur.

To not work on any attack combos is dumb. How would it not work on ANY attack combo's? yes its inconsistent meaning it'll be hard to find a combo, but no attack combo's? We have so many parts now. Of course it'll make it harder to find a combo, but no attack combo's? At all? Come on.

I’m sure you can make an attack type combo with the Deathscyther layer, just not a good one. It’s a possibility that this could miraculously have some kind of use but it’s nothing to be confident in. Especially when the cons outweigh the pros so critically.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Eclipse Force - Dec. 17, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:09 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:07 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: To not work on any attack combos is dumb. How would it not work on ANY attack combo's? yes its inconsistent meaning it'll be hard to find a combo, but no attack combo's? We have so many parts now. Of course it'll make it harder to find a combo, but no attack combo's? At all? Come on.

I’m sure you can make an attack type combo with the Deathscyther layer, just not a good one. It’s a possibility that this could miraculously have some kind of use but it’s nothing to be confident in. Especially when the cons outweigh the pros so critically.

Of course you can make assumptions based on what you see know, but to just call any possible Hollow combo not good is a lot when we don't even have a video of it spinning yet to even get a hint about its overall performance.

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:10 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:09 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m sure you can make an attack type combo with the Deathscyther layer, just not a good one. It’s a possibility that this could miraculously have some kind of use but it’s nothing to be confident in. Especially when the cons outweigh the pros so critically.

Of course you can make assumptions based on what you see know, but to just call any possible Hollow combo not good is a lot when we don't even have a video of it spinning yet to even get a hint about its overall performance.

It’s more like a based hypothesis than an assumption. I wasn’t really calling any possible hollow combination not good per say(even if I accidentally phrased it that way), more like saying it doesn’t look fit or suited for any type of competitive attack form.

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:10 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Of course you can make assumptions based on what you see know, but to just call any possible Hollow combo not good is a lot when we don't even have a video of it spinning yet to even get a hint about its overall performance.

It’s more like a based hypothesis than an assumption. I wasn’t really calling any possible hollow combination not good per say(even if I accidentally phrased it that way), more like saying it doesn’t look fit or suited for any type of competitive attack form.

Ah ok, the way you phrased it sounded like the former. As for competitive I'm not sure, maybe not.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - BladerGem - Dec. 17, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  8:59 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  8:55 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Too many varying contact points cancels that idea out. Killer Deathscyther was garbage and this thing is effectively the same thing as it inherits all the same issues + more since it’s unbalanced.

First of all, the main reason this is unbalanced is because of 4A. You can just swap that out. Second of all, this layer not working on any attack combos is just a stupid train of thought. Of course its gonna work on some attack combos. yeah the lay out and size of the contact points makes it way different than others and thats obviously gonna make it harder to find a combo. Impossible? Heck no.

While 4A doesn't help, the main cause of the imbalance is the Hollow ring itself. With that one scythe being almost entirely metal, and nothing on the other side to counterbalance it, the majority of the ring's weight is on one side.

While heavy imbalance has worked for certain beys in the past (notably, the Xcalibur line), they've all had harsh offensive designs that were complimentary to the imbalance. In the case of Hollow, it's very circular and asymmetrical. As others before me have said, it's essentially just an unbalanced, heavier Killer Deathscyther, without the useless "double strike" gimmick.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Nitrogenic - Dec. 17, 2020

I mean you can just counter balance it with 4A and like 1 if you want problem solved

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  8:59 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: First of all, the main reason this is unbalanced is because of 4A. You can just swap that out. Second of all, this layer not working on any attack combos is just a stupid train of thought. Of course its gonna work on some attack combos. yeah the lay out and size of the contact points makes it way different than others and thats obviously gonna make it harder to find a combo. Impossible? Heck no.

While 4A doesn't help, the main cause of the imbalance is the Hollow ring itself. With that one scythe being almost entirely metal, and nothing on the other side to counterbalance it, the majority of the ring's weight is on one side.

While heavy imbalance has worked for certain beys in the past (notably, the Xcalibur line), they've all had harsh offensive designs that were complimentary to the imbalance. In the case of Hollow, it's very circular and asymmetrical.  As others before me have said, it's essentially just an unbalanced, heavier Killer Deathscyther, without the useless "double strike" gimmick.

Then you can just put a counter balance on the other side...

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - MEMERS - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 16, 2020  5:52 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Guys you are forgetting the most important. HIGH BULLET'

That would be crazyyyy

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Eclipse Force - Dec. 18, 2020

So what I've gathered is just take Hollow and some tight chip, lets say Lucius II. Then get a good disc to counter balance Hollow, Nitrogenic suggested 1 so throw on 1. Then you can get a good attack tip on there like Extreme' or something and boom. I don't see how it being unbalanced automatically makes it the worst bey ever or whatever. Counter balance it.

Also just throw on 1S I forgot about that part but I assumed most people would just assume to do that since it seems to be popular for disc Super King combos.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - [[ NØBØDY ]] - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  1:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: So what I've gathered is just take Hollow and some tight chip, lets say Lucius II. Then get a good disc to counter balance Hollow, Nitrogenic suggested 1 so throw on 1.  Then you can get a good attack tip on there like Extreme' or something and boom. I don't see how it being unbalanced automatically makes it the worst bey ever or whatever. Counter balance it.

Also just throw on 1S I forgot about that part but I assumed most people would just assume to do that since it seems to be popular for disc Super King combos.

Won't it be easier to just put the heavy side of 4A on the light side of Hollow?

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Eclipse Force - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  2:19 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2020  1:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: So what I've gathered is just take Hollow and some tight chip, lets say Lucius II. Then get a good disc to counter balance Hollow, Nitrogenic suggested 1 so throw on 1.  Then you can get a good attack tip on there like Extreme' or something and boom. I don't see how it being unbalanced automatically makes it the worst bey ever or whatever. Counter balance it.

Won't it be easier to just put the heavy side of 4A on the light side of Hollow?

Oh yeah thats right. Then you have a way better range of possible discs to use.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - BladerGem - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:59 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I mean you can just counter balance it with 4A and like 1 if you want problem solved

(Dec. 17, 2020  10:09 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote: While 4A doesn't help, the main cause of the imbalance is the Hollow ring itself. With that one scythe being almost entirely metal, and nothing on the other side to counterbalance it, the majority of the ring's weight is on one side.

While heavy imbalance has worked for certain beys in the past (notably, the Xcalibur line), they've all had harsh offensive designs that were complimentary to the imbalance. In the case of Hollow, it's very circular and asymmetrical.  As others before me have said, it's essentially just an unbalanced, heavier Killer Deathscyther, without the useless "double strike" gimmick.

Then you can just put a counter balance on the other side...

You're all forgetting: Even if you do manage to fix the weight imbalances, it's still effectively just a heavier Killer Deathscyther, which... wasn't exactly known for being good.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - The Blacknight - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 17, 2020  9:09 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:07 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: To not work on any attack combos is dumb. How would it not work on ANY attack combo's? yes its inconsistent meaning it'll be hard to find a combo, but no attack combo's? We have so many parts now. Of course it'll make it harder to find a combo, but no attack combo's? At all? Come on.

I mean, tempest seemed total trash, and bloody looked op, but ya never know

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Zeutron - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  5:17 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:09 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m sure you can make an attack type combo with the Deathscyther layer, just not a good one. It’s a possibility that this could miraculously have some kind of use but it’s nothing to be confident in. Especially when the cons outweigh the pros so critically.

I mean, tempest seemed total trash, and bloody looked op, but ya never know

People said Tempest wouldn’t be good for pure/full on attack which was absolutely correct.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Legend27 - Dec. 18, 2020

Is Hollow for the 5 th or 6 th season

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - EarthHelios - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  5:40 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Is Hollow for the 5 th or 6 th season

Its for Sparking

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Legend27 - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  5:40 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2020  5:40 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Is Hollow for the 5 th or 6 th season

Its for Sparking

Thanks

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - [[ NØBØDY ]] - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  5:36 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2020  5:17 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: I mean, tempest seemed total trash, and bloody looked op, but ya never know

People said Tempest wouldn’t be good for pure/full on attack which was absolutely correct.

Tempest has good stamina, attack I would prefer brave or Rage

(Dec. 18, 2020  3:26 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  9:59 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I mean you can just counter balance it with 4A and like 1 if you want problem solved

(Dec. 17, 2020  10:09 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Then you can just put a counter balance on the other side...

You're all forgetting: Even if you do manage to fix the weight imbalances, it's still effectively just a heavier Killer Deathscyther, which... wasn't exactly known for being good.

I guess we r just hoping

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - originalzankye - Dec. 18, 2020

Death video lol

this is cool lol

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - LOL-y Rancher - Dec. 18, 2020

Both of these videos were insanely cool, though I wish that in the second video they had Hollow Deathscyther battle another stock Sparking bey. Other than that, it was pretty interesting to watch. The first video shows it can outspin a stock Infinite Achilles combo, which may not be saying much so far but considering parts like the 12 Disc and HA' hold it back a lot I think it's at least something. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much attack potential so far.

The second video goes more in-depth wit the Hollow Ring and the clear side (the one with the two smaller blades) is definitely completely filled with metal. They also showed that the 4A Chassis with the Hollow Ring does sort of have a mode switch to shift the bey's balance even more, it's pretty cool. The Axe Frame is pretty thick too. Not as much as Wall or anything, but it's pretty bulky that it hands down a bit.

And the Ab Driver is green is quite neat. The Pw Driver is purple is really darn cool and I'm definitely gonna put the Driver on my stock Hollow Deathscyther, once I get it. The Drake disc is also more of a teal colour than outright green, so that's also neato. Unfortunately, I think it does lack a lot of competitive parts too, so I'd be careful with this one.

(Dec. 18, 2020  3:26 AM)BladerGem Wrote:

(Dec. 17, 2020  10:09 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Then you can just put a counter balance on the other side...

Cause double strike doesn’t work. Metal does.

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - Matteo TDL - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 15, 2020  1:05 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: With the Hollow Ring and the 4A Chassis both having an eccentric centre of gravity, that makes me wonder if there's a potential mode change. Like there's one mode where the heavier sides of both the Ring and Chassis align in the same direction creating a very imbalanced Layer for bigger impacts, whilst the other mode has the heavier sides of the Ring and the Chassis face the opposite direction from each other making it slightly more balanced and allows the bey to move a bit faster.

So, like the convert disc thaty comes with union achilles?

RE: B-176 Random Booster Vol. 23 Hollow Deathscyther.12Axe.High Accel’ 4A - LOL-y Rancher - Dec. 18, 2020

(Dec. 18, 2020  2:23 PM)Matteo TDL Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2020  1:05 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: With the Hollow Ring and the 4A Chassis both having an eccentric centre of gravity, that makes me wonder if there's a potential mode change. Like there's one mode where the heavier sides of both the Ring and Chassis align in the same direction creating a very imbalanced Layer for bigger impacts, whilst the other mode has the heavier sides of the Ring and the Chassis face the opposite direction from each other making it slightly more balanced and allows the bey to move a bit faster.

So, like the convert disc thaty comes with union achilles?

Sort of, I guess (though much like Convert, I doubt anything would change drastically).