World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: Looking for bladers in MN (USA) (/Thread-Looking-for-bladers-in-MN-USA)

Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - steve .l - Jan. 29, 2020

I want to host a club rule tournament/game day this may, It would be cool if at least 15 people or more show up.

This tournament will feature metal series battles and burst battles to keep things interesting and nostalgic.

No bey? No problem. If you dont have a bey, one will be borrowed to you.

I highly encourage players of ALL AGES, I know theres people in their 20s who have been blading their whole life, if that's you then you need to be at this tournament.

Hope to see some of you there.

RE: Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - DeceasedCrab - Jan. 29, 2020

Well, we did need a decent Minnesota thread I suppose. Good luck to you.

Make sure to take the organizer's quiz before March! Leave yourself a lot of time to get approved.

Might want to find a venue. Why do you need 16 people? You can announce the WBO tournament once you have 4 confirmed WBO users, and it can be non-club format once you hit 8.

If it's a WBO tournament, you need to pick a specific format, Metal/MetalLimited/Zero-G/Burst/BurstClassic/Plastics. If you're going to do more than one format, you'll need to run more than one tournament.

If it's a non-WBO event you can do whatever, but you can only advertise the tournament in the Your Creations subforum.

RE: Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - steve .l - Jan. 31, 2020

I think at least 16 people would be a good size game day/tournament. The reason I dont want it to be a sponsored wbo tournament is because I dont want it to be very competitive, I'm not very organized and dont want to disappoint anyone messing up a sponsored event, and with all the restrictions on parts I feel like a lot of local players that will show up wont really like the idea of having to strip down their favorite combo and rebuild it with different parts (metal series).

Basically this event will be a feeler to see how many active players I can get to enter the event to determine if a tournament in the summer or fall would be a good idea.

I'm trying to get players of ALL ages, people who have been blading since the early 2000s, new players, and old players together, maybe introduce them to the wbo, maybe create a Facebook page, but the main goal is to get together to have fun. I'll most likely be putting up ads on Facebook as it gets warmer outside. I really would like to hold the event at the stone arch bridge in mineapolis because theres a pavilion, water, bathrooms, lots of grass and open area. The date will eventually be posted, I'm thinking possibly late may. Updates will be posted here in the near future so hang tight.

RE: Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - BuilderROB - Jan. 31, 2020

(Jan. 31, 2020  11:12 PM)steve .l Wrote: The reason I dont want it to be a sponsored wbo tournament is because I dont want it to be overly competitive, I'm not very organized and dont want to disappoint anyone messing up a sponsored event, and with all the restrictions on parts I feel like a lot of local players that will show up wont really like the idea of having to strip down their favorite combo and rebuild it with different parts.

I’m confused. If you’re talking about hosting a Burst Standard tournament then what’s the issue? Almost no burst parts are banned besides RC Beyblades and ripfire beyblades.

RE: Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - steve .l - Feb. 01, 2020

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood an article I read. My apologies.

RE: Looking for bladers in MN (USA) - Darnemath - May. 17, 2022

I Blade. Been looking for MN folks to network with