World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon Black/White - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Black/White (/Thread-Pokemon-Black-White)

RE: Pokemon Black/White - xSora10 - Feb. 01, 2012

If only you were, I would probably be scared of you. IF you ever do get the urge to battle, ring me up. I'd love to see the Pokemon that you raised. I'm no expert, since I barely know what EV's are...IV's...what natures do...

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 01, 2012

I was always great at raising them, which is pretty brainless once you're used to it, but once it came down to finding a suitable strategy, I could never settle on anything concrete - and competitive is more about the overall team makeup than any individual. I usually ran with a bulky water, a wallbreaker, a phazer, trapper/spinner, late-game special sweeper, and a choice bander... I'd say my win ratio was only around 40%, though. I always wanted to run a Damp Rock Rain Dance team, but they're finnicky prior to DPPt, and once in and beyond DPPt there are just so many options...

RE: Pokemon Black/White - AllGenBlader - Feb. 01, 2012

(Feb. 01, 2012  7:32 AM)Giraton Wrote: wait for 2-7 days insted of one, works for me.
Man, I'm trying to do a speed run and wana get my Lucario before it's too weak to train easly at my current spot.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - xSora10 - Feb. 01, 2012

I just get so confused on raising them. I barely know anything. I'm trying to build a Rain Team, but I don't even know the basics. Then again, it's not like I have all the time in the world to play it and learn.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 01, 2012

Smogon and Bulbapedia are all you really need to get better at it. Bulbapedia has lists of what gives what EVs(As does Serebii), the two both explain them and IVs and so forth in extreme detail, and Smogon has lists of competitive movesets and team building strategies and so forth all over it.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hyper27 - Feb. 01, 2012

I used smogon and serebii.net

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hitsugiya - Feb. 01, 2012

(Feb. 01, 2012  4:46 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I just get so confused on raising them. I barely know anything. I'm trying to build a Rain Team, but I don't even know the basics. Then again, it's not like I have all the time in the world to play it and learn.
Raindance OU team? That's what I usually play. Just go on Smogon's forums and voila endless possibilities of teams. When I don't play Raindance, I go for The Children of Atom OU team, a hidden gem I found in my forum lurking on Smogon.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - DARK RAINBOW - Feb. 01, 2012

pokemon Black + white =best pokemon game ever. But i prefer the old starter pokemon, wasn't that fond of the new ones, hope they make better ones next time.Tongue_out_wink

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hyper27 - Feb. 01, 2012

Black and white was pretty good. I had an ingame team consisting of: Emboar, Samurott, Serperior, Zoroark, Haxorus, and Excadrill which was a solid build for me. However 5th gen didn't offer too many new and useful pokemon competitively. My Favorite pokemon game has to be Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Really enjoyed the team magma part. It was more rough and tough than team rocket and more fun to beat Grin. I hope they remake it...

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hitsugiya - Feb. 02, 2012

(Feb. 01, 2012  10:27 PM)Hyper27 Wrote: Black and white was pretty good. I had an ingame team consisting of: Emboar, Samurott, Serperior, Zoroark, Haxorus, and Excadrill which was a solid build for me. However 5th gen didn't offer too many new and useful pokemon competitively. My Favorite pokemon game has to be Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Really enjoyed the team magma part. It was more rough and tough than team rocket and more fun to beat Grin. I hope they remake it...
What did your Zoroark "sub" as?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - sum 472 - Feb. 03, 2012

It's not really that hard Ryu-X. I used smogon and smogon forums, and got an alright OU team. People just spam Technizor, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn etc. @ Hazel: Seen any Gliscor lately...
@ Hyper27: You gotta be kidding...

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 03, 2012

I haven't played the B&W metagame at all, sum. Gliscor were somewhat common in DPPt's Standard for a while, but before I quit playing they had become fairly unpopular for one reason or another.

I never really liked Standard, though. UU/NU were and probably always will be my metas... RU seems too exclusive, and most RU and NU Pokemon probably still work in UU. I was shocked and appalled to see Heracross drop to UU, but not entirely surprised... CScarf Hera was the staple of my Standard team, back then.

I also tried running Burn Orb Hera for a while, but it just didn't work great... too much outrunning going on, even with a Jolly nature.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - sum 472 - Feb. 03, 2012

(Feb. 03, 2012  1:01 PM)Hazel Wrote: I haven't played the B&W metagame at all, sum. Gliscor were somewhat common in DPPt's Standard for a while, but before I quit playing they had become fairly unpopular for one reason or another.

I never really liked Standard, though. UU/NU were and probably always will be my metas... RU seems too exclusive, and most RU and NU Pokemon probably still work in UU. I was shocked and appalled to see Heracross drop to UU, but not entirely surprised... CScarf Hera was the staple of my Standard team, back then.

I also tried running Burn Orb Hera for a while, but it just didn't work great... too much outrunning going on, even with a Jolly nature.

Have you tried Ubers metagame in any generation? You should play BW Hazel! There's alot more options, so it's more fun. I love using Keledo as my lead.
What about Skarmory then?
@All Gen Blader: An easier method to get shinies would be the Masuda method, it's not cheating or anything.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 03, 2012

I tried Ubers in DPPt, it was alright... I'm just not into competitive battling anymore, though. Prediction games and irritating matchups are just the entirety of it, and it's not something I enjoy.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - CosmicDestroyer - Feb. 04, 2012

My best team I thought of was mewtwo, haxorous, mamoswine,toxicroak(both recent events) zoroark and Keldeo. When I get the arceus, bye bye zoroark.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - sum 472 - Feb. 04, 2012

Use Salamence/hydreigon/Rayquaza instead of Haxorus. They do it's job better, other then that and if you need Toxicroak.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - CosmicDestroyer - Feb. 04, 2012

i do have a hydreion, and i wish i lived in japan. they are having a rayquaza event with V-Create

RE: Pokemon Black/White - sum 472 - Feb. 04, 2012

People are saying it could be crazy strong with a sun weather effect, but Air Lock blocks the effect of sun...so your just left with a V-create.
But still V-create is awesome as it is, and Rayquaza being a really good sweeper, this will be great!
Sadly my DS/DS games on 3DS won't accept password verification for internet, so I'm unable to get any events, unless they send it to me in a store, like some occasionally do.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 04, 2012

What is the best team ??

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Hazel - Feb. 04, 2012

(Feb. 04, 2012  11:34 PM)galaxyunicorn Wrote: What is the best team ??

There isn't one.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 04, 2012

this is my current team:
Steelix (LV 53)
Archeops ( LV 52)
Metang (LV 63)
Dragonite (LV 61)
Zweilous (LV 56)
Samurrot (LV 54)
I started a new game last week that explains the low levels
but which pokemon do you suggest to catch?

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cannon - Feb. 05, 2012

@ GalaxyUnicorn,
I don't understand why you need 2 dragon types and 2 steel types.. haha. I always have the 3 main types- Grass, Water, Fire because they tend to be the most useful. Then go for Any 3.. I think you should catch something like Chandelure.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - galaxyunicorn - Feb. 05, 2012

Well in my PC I have a Larvesta, Klinklang,Poliwrath, Excadrill, Piloswine, Blitzle, Leavanny, Emolga
I'll catch some others tomorrow and I don't use legendary's because I may not use them in tournaments

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Cannon - Feb. 05, 2012

I don't use Legendaries either. And i always catch every Pokemon in Pokeballs.. I think you should put Leavanny on your team. And Get rid of Steelix and substitute for Excadrill.

RE: Pokemon Black/White - Spdshadow - Feb. 05, 2012

Samurrot, Metagross, Hydreigon,Archeops, Leavanny and Chandelure.