World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Answered "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Answered "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? (/Thread-Answered-Let-it-Rip-in-Spanish)

"Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - CitrusNinja3 - Jun. 02, 2019

I was born in Puerto Rico, so I'm a native Spanish speaker, but I didn't get into Beyblade until two or three years after I moved to California (I now live in New Jersey btw). I was already speaking a lot of English at that point, and it was during the Hasbro Metal Masters days. I watched all of the MFB anime aside from Zero-G, but it was all in English. Since one of my younger friends also likes Beyblade and speaks Spanish, we were both wondering if there was an official translation of "Let it Rip" or "Go Shoot" in Spanish. I just searched up a Spanish MFB episode, but they just said "Let it Rip" while launching. My friend and I started saying "Déjalo ir" even though it translates to "Let it go," but I figured that it was the best I could think of. Of course, I decided to go to Google Translate so that I wouldn't have to slam the answer out of my brain. It says that "Déjalo rasgar" is the literal translation, but literal translations usually don't come close to official material. My next try to figure this out on my own is going to the international compilation of the Beyblade Burst season 1 theme song. In the spots where the singer says "Let it Rip," the Latin American Spanish version also says "Let it Rip," but the Castilian Spanish version says "Lanza el Bey." Obviously, Latin Americans like to speak Spanglish (I know from experience), but does anyone know if there is an official translation for "Let it Rip" in Spanish? If not, then what would you suggest saying to not sound like a Puerto Rican when counting down and an all-out American when launching?

RE: "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - CitrusNinja3 - Jun. 03, 2019

@[Barreto, I know you live in Puerto Rico, so would you mind sharing you thoughts?

RE: "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - UltimateMaster - Jun. 03, 2019

(Jun. 03, 2019  1:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: @[Barreto], I know you live in Puerto Rico, so would you mind sharing you thoughts?

Fixed Tag

Well I guess that didn’t work

RE: "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - Barreto - Jun. 03, 2019

(Jun. 03, 2019  1:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: @[Barreto, I know you live in Puerto Rico,  so would you mind sharing you thoughts?

I've though about it a lot before but I can't come to a good answer, nobody ever says anything other than Let it rip or Go shoot anyway, and the official translation leaves it as Let it rip when spoken, in the anime; written (Netflix with Spanish subtitles) they put it as "A rodar!".

RE: "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - CitrusNinja3 - Jun. 03, 2019

(Jun. 03, 2019  2:53 AM)Barreto Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2019  1:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: @[Barreto, I know you live in Puerto Rico,  so would you mind sharing you thoughts?

I've though about it a lot before but I can't come to a good answer, nobody ever says anything other than Let it rip or Go shoot anyway, and the official translation leaves it as Let it rip when spoken, in the anime; written (Netflix with Spanish subtitles) they put it as "A rodar!".

That’s odd. I would expect “A rodar” to be used exclusively for BeyWheels.

RE: "Let it Rip!" in Spanish? - Barreto - Jun. 03, 2019

(Jun. 03, 2019  3:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: That’s odd. I would expect “A rodar” to be used exclusively for BeyWheels.

Yeah lol, also to keep it standard across languages it should end in a one syllable word like Rip or Shoot and I don't think anything in Spanish works (ir, sal, ya, bey(blade) would be the best candidates to end on. That's probably the reason why it's not a Japanese phrase we say but Go Shoot.