World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Unanswered What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Hobby Q&A (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A)
+--- Thread: Unanswered What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? (/Thread-Unanswered-What-Makes-Wizard-Fafnir-So-Bad)

What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Suoh sadboii - May. 30, 2019

I don´t own this bey, but from what I have seen online, it seems pretty bad. Yes, I know that you can light launch, but neither of the other Fafnirs were as bad when spun fast. Please tell my your reasoning why. Thanks!

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - CitrusNinja3 - May. 30, 2019

(May. 30, 2019  11:50 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I don´t own this bey, but from what I have seen online, it seems pretty bad. Yes, I know that you can light launch, but neither of the other Fafnirs were as bad when spun fast. Please tell my your reasoning why. Thanks!

The Driver has horrible balance and the teeth are worse because the Layer Base doesn't allow them to be exposed completely.

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Suoh sadboii - May. 30, 2019

Thank you!

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - DeceasedCrab - May. 31, 2019

It's not the layer base, it's the stalk the teeth are on; it's slightly shorter than for right spin chips.

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - g2_ - May. 31, 2019

(May. 31, 2019  12:09 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's not the layer base, it's the stalk the teeth are on; it's slightly shorter than for right spin chips.

Then how come the dragon chip is strong with Ace but weak with Grand? The teeth are the same, why does it feel looser?

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Suoh sadboii - May. 31, 2019

(May. 31, 2019  12:25 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 31, 2019  12:09 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's not the layer base, it's the stalk the teeth are on; it's slightly shorter than for right spin chips.

Then how come the dragon chip is strong with Ace but weak with Grand? The teeth are the same, why does it feel looser?

There is a distance between most defense/stamina bases that make the teeth looser

(May. 31, 2019  12:29 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(May. 31, 2019  12:25 AM)g2_ Wrote: Then how come the dragon chip is strong with Ace but weak with Grand? The teeth are the same, why does it feel looser?

There is a distance between most defense/stamina bases that make the teeth looser

Are sure?

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Tommykats - May. 31, 2019

(May. 30, 2019  11:50 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I don´t own this bey, but from what I have seen online, it seems pretty bad. Yes, I know that you can light launch, but neither of the other Fafnirs were as bad when spun fast. Please tell my your reasoning why. Thanks!

The rubber on the layer creates a lot of friction especially against other left-spinning beys causing it to burst more

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - RED NINJA 0829 - May. 31, 2019

On Ace there are 2 tiny little tabs that clamp on the driver. Grand doesn't have these tabs.

(May. 31, 2019  12:48 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2019  12:25 AM)g2_ Wrote: Then how come the dragon chip is strong with Ace but weak with Grand? The teeth are the same, why does it feel looser?

On Ace there are 2 tiny little tabs that clamp on the driver. Grand doesn't have these tabs.

What do you mean?

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - TheBladingCow - Jun. 27, 2019

My Grand and Rock bases feel like an Attack base. Did I get a lucky mold? Way tighter than Bushin.

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Izhkoort - Jun. 28, 2019

The problem with fafnir would be fixed with a dash driver or something like that?

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - DeceasedCrab - Jun. 28, 2019

Not especially, no. Even if you have a driver with a very strong spring, the teeth still ride a bit high on the bey.

RE: What Makes Wizard Fafnir So Bad? - Siccle_Bladez - Jun. 28, 2019

If it had stronger teeth it would actually be viable to launch it instead of hand spinning in my opinion