World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations (/Thread-TAKARA-TOMY-s-New-Driver-Wear-Regulations)

TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Kei - Dec. 01, 2018

TAKARA-TOMY just made a new post on the official Beyblade Burst website the other day clarifying more precisely what constitutes a legal and illegally worn Driver. They didn't include all Drivers, but I think the examples they give a good sample of what players should be looking for when deciding if a Driver is legally worn or not.

View the original announcement here

Brand New Drivers

[Image: yLYyCgN.jpg]

Worn and Legal

[Image: OGoNT5R.jpg]

Worn and Illegal
[Image: OUxDxeM.jpg]

For reference, our current rulebook states:

Burst Format Rulebook Wrote:Significantly Worn Parts: Beyblade parts that have worn down to an extreme degree, causing the part’s shape and/or performance to be drastically altered, may be rejected from WBO events. Please ask a judge if you are unsure if your part is legal.

Seeing this new post from TAKARA-TOMY makes me wonder if the wording "drastically altered" is too vague. The change to Quest in the usable image looks "drastic" to me, for instance.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Shindog - Dec. 01, 2018

I have to admit some of the “worn and illegal” made me LOL.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Triumph - Dec. 01, 2018

Worn down bearing? Yikes, I've never seen any of those before.. I'm gonna try wearing down my bearing driver just to see how that turns out to work.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Shindog - Dec. 01, 2018

Also I think the Qs description on the back of the box it this says something to the effect of “performance of the driver will change with use”. I believe drivers that are suppose to have an “awakened” state are getting this type of wording.  I can’t translate perfectly so I am not certain.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Dt20000 - Dec. 01, 2018

Great, my Unite and Fusions are usable! The sharp points always wear down so they are just attack tips

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - Kei - Dec. 01, 2018

Yeah, I think the biggest takeaway from this is that TT is pretty lenient when it comes to Driver wear. Their definition of "unusable" is the part being worn down to a ridiculous degree.

That being said, I do think there is also a difference between natural wear and unnatural wear. A part can be worn a little bit, but done through obviously unnatural ways (like launching on concrete) and it would be illegal for us. I think we'll have to look at being more specific with our rulebook on this matter soon.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - MonoDragon - Dec. 02, 2018

You can see the line where they cropped the image off to create those "illegally worn Drivers"

So Quest is meant to wear down into a short rubber sharp, then a free spinning rubber flat?

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - KinkoUsagi - Dec. 02, 2018

Quest is really interesting. I'm curious on how it would perform.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - RevivePhoenix - Nov. 26, 2019

that worn quest looks like it won't have the gimmick

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - DeceasedCrab - Nov. 26, 2019

RevivePhoenix Hi! Welcome to WBO! Please look at the date of the last comment before posting in non-regional threads. You shouldn't revive very old discussions, especially when more recent threads for driver wear discussions exist.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - DeltaZakuro - Dec. 05, 2019

(Dec. 01, 2018  11:04 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Great, my Unite and Fusions are usable! The sharp points always wear down so they are just attack tips

Fusion pretty much becomes Accel when the Sharp point wears down

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - TheRogueBlader - Jul. 05, 2020

I didn’t know eternal wears down

RE: TAKARA-TOMY's New Driver Wear Regulations - DeceasedCrab - Jul. 05, 2020

(Jul. 05, 2020  12:19 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I didn’t know eternal wears down

Why don't you read the other posts in a thread before posting? You would've seen something similar a few posts up:
Please look at the date of the last comment before posting in non-regional threads. You shouldn't revive very old discussions, especially when more recent threads for driver wear discussions exist.

Apparently I need to close this thread.