World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Towards the future! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Towards the future! (/Thread-Towards-the-future)

Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 21, 2008

As some of you may have noticed, Beywiki has a new banner! More changes will be added in the coming weeks. Take a look at the logo, and tell me what you think:

I wanted to talk a bit about the design of the logo. Of course I'm sure you all noticed the globe in the middle immediately. Beyblade has brought us together from all over the world. Quite literally, in some cases; I have met people from all over my own country, America, and even England and battled with them. We are truly an international community.

As for the AR choice, aside from the obvious facts that:

A: The colour works, and
B: Triple Attacker looks really damn cool

But I also chose it because each of the three different heads. We know that this is a terrible AR, and that none of its attack points really fit together ... well, we are all very different. Many of us have strongly differing personalities and we've had our clashes. However, we are all Bladers, and we stay friends.

RE: Towards the future! - Roan - Apr. 21, 2008

It rocks.

That is all.

RE: Towards the future! - G - Apr. 21, 2008

MOAR ORANGEEEE
haha I like it Smile The figures remind me of bigturtle's avvy but filled in.

RE: Towards the future! - Blue - Apr. 21, 2008

looks really good.
but I gotta say I was a fan of the more abstract, technical look, that wiki still has. not really digg'n the figures tbh

RE: Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 21, 2008

Blue Wrote:looks really good.
but I gotta say I was a fan of the more abstract, technical look, that wiki still has. not really digg'n the figures tbh

I wanted to keep the technical look while creating something inviting and personal. I think I've done that.

curious Brad, where is the stock your using to create banners and logos? scans of the foldouts in boxes, but are they all in one place?

oh just a suggestion, try rotating the AR so that we can see the three different heads, for the reason you said above.

http://www.kodomo-porta.com/hobby/blade/bbd_bn.html

sweet

RE: Towards the future! - Kei - Apr. 21, 2008

Love the logo! I'm not sure that I'm a fan of the figures on the right though, it takes away the focus from the logo I think.

RE: Towards the future! - Nic - Apr. 21, 2008

Kei Wrote:Love the logo! I'm not sure that I'm a fan of the figures on the right though, it takes away the focus from the logo I think.

Awesomely cute. I very much prefer them to, say, Blader DJ going into a laptop.

Kei Wrote:Love the logo! I'm not sure that I'm a fan of the figures on the right though, it takes away the focus from the logo I think.

There has to be weight balance in the image.

RE: Towards the future! - Kei - Apr. 21, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:

There has to be weight balance in the image.

Thats true, I just thought it might look better with just the logo in the middle. Also, maybe since the two figures are touching the little banner with links below it, maybe changing them to the colour of that bar would be better?

Haha, I guess I'm just nitpicking right now. It really does look awesome (no, not cute).

I'll consider making them the color of the menubar ...

And it is cute!

RE: Towards the future! - bugturtles - Apr. 21, 2008

G Wrote:MOAR ORANGEEEE
haha I like it :) The figures remind me of bigturtle's avvy but filled in.

:D

--

Looks really cute and gives a warm, "come-over-here-so-we-can-discuss-Beyblade" mood.

Awesome.

RE: Towards the future! - G - Apr. 22, 2008

Oh and I love the GDV in the middle. I noticed it just now for some reason x.x

RE: Towards the future! - Ryuuga BB Ruler - Apr. 22, 2008

Sweet Banner you got there Brad

RE: Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 22, 2008

bugturtles Wrote:Looks really cute and gives a warm, "come-over-here-so-we-can-discuss-Beyblade" mood.

Awesome.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say with it. Smile

RE: Towards the future! - Minion - Apr. 22, 2008

I'm not sure if I really like the font being right over the logo like that *definitely nit-picking* It looks good when it's used in the banner, but something about it right over the globe like that isn't sitting right...

I do love orange <3

Edit: Oh! I forgot the part where I tell you that it's carp cool.

RE: Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 22, 2008

I will use the logo sans text whenever possible, but for instances where the text is necessary as an identifier I think this is the best solution.

RE: Towards the future! - Siliva - Apr. 23, 2008

Oh. My. God. Brad, you've really out done yourself this one. I logged on the forums, saw the banner, and seriously yelled "WHAT THE HELL!? THAT AWESOME!!!" At my computer.

That's just awesome. I'd come more often just to see the banner.

RE: Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 23, 2008

Thanks a lot, I worked hard on the logo. Smile

RE: Towards the future! - FFX - Apr. 23, 2008

4 paws up.

RE: Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 23, 2008

flashfox Wrote:4 paws up.

furry confirmed

RE: Towards the future! - Xeno - Apr. 24, 2008

Nice work on the new logo Brad, srry about the no show for the last whatever months. I'm happy to be back.

RE: Towards the future! - Bey Brad - Apr. 24, 2008

Welcome back Smile