World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+---- Forum: Approved Drafts (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Approved-Drafts)
+---- Thread: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles (/Thread-Energy-Layer-Archer-Heracles)

Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - MonoDragon - May. 28, 2018

Quote:==Description==
Archer Heracles is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features two bows on either side of the Layer and a face surrounded by that of a lion's, meant to represent the Layer's Japanese namesake; Heracles, divine hero of Greek mythology.

As part of the Super-Z Layer System, Archer Heracles features metal in its design. In this case the two bows are lined with metal. The inclusion of metal makes this Layer heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Archer Heracles also features a gimmick; the metal bows can extend outwards, akin to Shadow Orichalcum and Orichalcum.

In theory, due to the centrifugal force of a Beyblade's spin, each bow  will extend outward and creates an elliptical shape, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Flash Metal Wheel, increasing the Outward-Weight-Distribution of the Layer and subsequent Stamina potential. When spin speed drops later in battle, the bows retract to create a rounder shape to reduce recoil and improve Defense potential. In practice the gimmick works as intended.

However, two factors limit the gimmick's effectiveness: First, the elliptical shape created by the action creates heavy recoil, increases the Burst risk and can create a Knock-Out risk depending on the Tip used. Second, even when the bows are retracted, Archer Heracles still has large gaps and a rough perimeter which creates the recoil the gimmick.

==Overall==

Whether or not this Layer can be good all matters on the teeth. If the teeth are strong, this could act as a really good Attack Layer, if the teeth are weak, this will be a forgettable release

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - IronFace879 - May. 28, 2018

I don’t see a reason for this beyblade to not be bad. How strong are the teeth of every Cho-Z Layer since the time of writing? This might end up affecting future beyblades.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - Frostic Fox - May. 29, 2018

Signs are pointing to it being "Hercules" in English despite the katakana spelling it "Heracles" like the original Greek name. So they seem to have romanized with the Roman name, ha.

I understand if you want more proof of this (to prevent yo-yo editing), that's fine. I'm just making sure it's known. It's rather odd to me that they chose opposing spellings, but I guess it just goes to show that they'll do what they want.

(May. 28, 2018  4:25 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 12, 2018  12:03 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: For the new aH Cho-Z Beyblade, the Japanese indicates that Takara-Tomy is using the Greek spelling of "Heracles" (ヘラクレス) rather than the Roman spelling of "Hercules" (ハーキュリーズ). I tried to help change it, but the the list of Super Z parts page is locked.

They clearly say the "Hera" part, while the other way would have a more "Hercu" saying instead.

I edited and renamed the main page, and also edited the little parts box that shows up on various pages. I think the Super Z parts list would be all that's left?

I am one to never shy from calling myself wrong. The current romanized versions of aH is spelling it "Hercules" despite the katakana writing it "Heracles". I think this is the first mismatch I've seen yet. Even the mispellings like Jinnius (spelled at least once as Genius in CoroCoro, as is the actual correct name, where we get Genie from) at least follow the pronunciation. Even Ragnaruk (which would more properly be Ragnarok) at least follows how it's spelled in Japanese.

It looks like they may have opted to just use the common English spelling (since we favor the Roman version), whether out of carelessness or just thinking it would be better. Ultimately, they do what they want.

Taking this from this page here: https://www.beyblade.jp/character/houi/

I don't know if you want to wait for more material to prove the spelling, but that's the first we're seeing of it, at least.

I need to run out the door, but I wanted to post at my first sign of finding it.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - DragonicMeister - May. 31, 2018

I have noticed in the pics and the anime, but this thing comes with a level chip!

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - Frostic Fox - May. 31, 2018

(May. 31, 2018  4:08 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: I have noticed in the pics and the anime, but this thing comes with a level chip!

The anime shots don't mean a thing for that, though. I read most bladers have a Level Chip.

The only legit non-anime picture we have puts aH on a blue background so you see the blue lion eyes, so you can't be sure. We need a full official shot.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - Mage - May. 31, 2018

(May. 31, 2018  4:08 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: I have noticed in the pics and the anime, but this thing comes with a level chip!

I'm pretty sure it won't come with a level chip as it's something you have to win or exchange. The anime shows aH with a level chip because it shows that Houi is an experienced blader.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - DragonicMeister - May. 31, 2018

(May. 31, 2018  4:21 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:

The anime shots don't mean a thing for that, though. I read most bladers have a Level Chip.

The only legit non-anime picture we have puts aH on a blue background so you see the blue lion eyes, so you can't be sure. We need a full official shot.

Hmm that is true

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - MonoDragon - Jul. 02, 2018

(May. 28, 2018  5:35 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Archer Heracles is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features two bows on either side of the Layer and a face surrounded by that of a lion's, meant to represent the Layer's Japanese namesake; Heracles, divine hero of Greek mythology.

As part of the Super-Z Layer System, Archer Heracles features metal in its design. In this case the two bows are lined with metal. The inclusion of metal makes this Layer heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Archer Heracles also features a gimmick; the metal bows can extend outwards, akin to Shadow Orichalcum and Orichalcum.

In theory, due to the centrifugal force of a Beyblade's spin, each bow will extend outward and creates an elliptical shape, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Flash Metal Wheel, increasing the Outward-Weight-Distribution of the Layer and subsequent Stamina potential. When spin speed drops later in battle, the bows retract to create a rounder shape to reduce recoil and improve Defense potential. However, two factors limit the gimmick's effectiveness: First, the movement of the bows is minor and does not create a noticeable increase in Outward-Weight-Distribution. Second, even when the bows are retracted, Archer Heracles still has large gaps and a rough perimeter which creates the recoil the gimmick was trying to avoid.

Despite this, Archer Heracles' existing Outward-Weight-Distribution and teeth of medium/medium-tall length makes the Layer excel in Stamina combinations, capable of defeating other top-tier Stamina and Defense Energy Layers.

Like many other Super Z Layers, Archer Heracles' unbalanced, which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Archer Heracles can be put to use in the Stamina Combination Archer Heracles 4/5/7 Cross/Glaive/Star Revolve/Atomic. The high Stamina of Archer Heracles is bolstered by the Stamina of the 4/5/7 Cross/Glaive/Star Disc and the Stamina and Life-After-Death of the Revolve/Atomic Tip while the combination is given Knock-Out resistance by the heavy weight of 4/5/7 and the ball tip of Atomic. While this combination can out spin almost any combination, it is also highly vulnerable against Attack Types.

==Overall==

Archer Heracles boasts some of the greatest Stamina in the game at the time of writing, making it a top-tier Layer for Right Spin Stamina combinations.

As such, Archer Heracles is a must have for competitive bladers.

So that's the final nail in Crash Ragnaruk's coffin.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - Frostic Fox - Jul. 02, 2018

Doesn't the case it comes in confirm that TT's chosen romanization is "Archer Hercules" rather than "Archer Heracles"?

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - MonoDragon - Jul. 02, 2018

(Jul. 02, 2018  3:51 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Doesn't the case it comes in confirm that TT's chosen romanization is "Archer Hercules" rather than "Archer Heracles"?

I never checked the case, if that's true then I'll change it as I'm putting it on the wiki

Edit: Checked the case, it is indeed Hercules. I'll change it as I'm putting it up

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - BuilderROB - Jul. 02, 2018

(Jul. 02, 2018  3:41 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 28, 2018  5:35 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

In theory, due to the centrifugal force of a Beyblade's spin, each bow will extend outward and creates an elliptical shape, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Flash Metal Wheel, increasing the Outward-Weight-Distribution of the Layer and subsequent Stamina potential. When spin speed drops later in battle, the bows retract to create a rounder shape to reduce recoil and improve Defense potential. However, two factors limit the gimmick's effectiveness: First, the movement of the bows is minor and does not create a noticeable increase in Outward-Weight-Distribution. Second, even when the bows are retracted, Archer Heracles still has large gaps and a rough perimeter which creates the recoil the gimmick was trying to avoid.

Despite this, Archer Heracles' existing Outward-Weight-Distribution and teeth of medium/medium-tall length makes the Layer excel in Stamina combinations, capable of defeating other top-tier Stamina and Defense Energy Layers.

Like many other Super Z Layers, Archer Heracles' unbalanced, which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Archer Heracles can be put to use in the Stamina Combination Archer Heracles 4/5/7 Cross/Glaive/Star Revolve/Atomic. The high Stamina of Archer Heracles is bolstered by the Stamina of the 4/5/7 Cross/Glaive/Star Disc and the Stamina and Life-After-Death of the Revolve/Atomic Tip while the combination is given Knock-Out resistance by the heavy weight of 4/5/7 and the ball tip of Atomic. While this combination can out spin almost any combination, it is also highly vulnerable against Attack Types.

==Overall==

Archer Heracles boasts some of the greatest Stamina in the game at the time of writing, making it a top-tier Layer for Right Spin Stamina combinations.

As such, Archer Heracles is a must have for competitive bladers.

So that's the final nail in Crash Ragnaruk's coffin.

Glad the parts are competitive

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - jade_juper - Jul. 02, 2018

(Jul. 02, 2018  2:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2018  3:41 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: So that's the final nail in Crash Ragnaruk's coffin.

Glad the parts are competitive

Since that is the case, it should make a perfect gift.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - BuilderROB - Jul. 02, 2018

(Jul. 02, 2018  2:52 PM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2018  2:41 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Glad the parts are competitive

Since that is the case, it should make a perfect gift.

I’m getting it very soon

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - LazerBeamz - Jul. 15, 2018

Just a heads up. Saw a fair number of people run stock archer Hercules Combos at a tournament. It was very effective just straight out of the box. I think this is something to consider. Maybe even more testing with the 13 disk needs to be done. I used an Archer Hercules 4 Glaive Bearing with a level chip and lost 3 rounds to a Stock Combo Archer Hercules. Just wanted to mention this.

RE: Energy Layer - Archer Heracles - Dragunix - Jul. 17, 2018

Is aH good with bearing or eternal? I haven't really tried atomic just yet, but I was wondering if anybody did formal tests