World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+---- Forum: Approved Drafts (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Approved-Drafts)
+---- Thread: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard (/Thread-Performance-Tip-Driver-Guard)

Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - MonoDragon - Sep. 21, 2017

Quote:Guard is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-89 Blast Jinnius 5Glaive Guard on

==Description==
Guard features a ball shaped tip surrounded by a downward facing dish that freely moves vertically, akin to Zero-G Beyblade's E230 Track. In theory the dish is meant to make contact with the stadium floor when the Beyblade is struck, forcing it back upright, acting as brakes to prevent a Stadium Out while the vertical movement of the dish is meant to prevent stamina loss. In practice however, because of how a Beyblade lists, the force applied to the dish is at a diagonal angle which causes the dish to lock up, which combined with the lack of a free spinning aspect and the low positioning creates a substantial stamina drain instead.

Unlike other ball based Performance Tip, Guard's tip does not features any tabs as their purpose had been integrated into the dish. However, the relatively smooth rim of the dish creates less stopping power than the tabs of Defense with greater stamina loss and the small diameter of the tip does little to stop the Beyblade. While the smooth ball would imply greater stamina than Defense, the aforementioned dish nullifies any stamina benefit.

==Overall==
Overall, Guard is outclassed by many other Performance Tips such as Defense and Atomic in terms of both Knock-Out resistance and Stamina. As such this part is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-89 Blast Jinnius 5Glaive Guard (translucent light blue)
==Hasbro==

It's basically Cycle

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - Rebel Blader - Sep. 21, 2017

guard could be good for spin equalizers no body tested it for that

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - Suzaku-X - Sep. 21, 2017

(Sep. 21, 2017  2:59 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: guard could be good for spin equalizers no body tested it for that

I doubt that. Spin Equalizers have Atomic and Revolve already, and this thing grinds and loses stamina a lot, which I doubt would help.

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - Rebel Blader - Sep. 21, 2017

(Sep. 21, 2017  4:17 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2017  2:59 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: guard could be good for spin equalizers no body tested it for that

I doubt that. Spin Equalizers have Atomic and Revolve  already, and this thing grinds and loses stamina a lot, which I doubt would help.
Yea thats true but if atomic gets banned which could happen then it might find use since most of the right spin stamina types will use revolve then and left spin revolve wont be able to beat right spin revolve since spin equalizers need more LAD to win i hope u get my point but  i guess even then it could be inferior to hold but still we need to know if guard has Good LAD since it has only been tested for right spin
ecit:guard is bad for spin equalization blader zyeyo tested it.

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - kjrules17 - Oct. 25, 2017

Anybody have the weight? Don't worry, I'm only making the article skeleton.

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - MWF - Oct. 26, 2017

guard should've had more movement. if it could tilt and spin as well as lift it would be alot better decreasing stamina loss from scraping and basically removing the locking up.

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - mrvitobeygeek2 - Jan. 10, 2018

Also I’ve seen in a few vids that guard can go off balance and that its dish can lead to aggressive movement patterns it’s also pretty unbalanced when hard launched which can decrease its stamina due to the dish scraping

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - MonoDragon - Feb. 11, 2018

(Sep. 21, 2017  4:31 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Guard is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-89 Blast Jinnius 5Glaive Guard on

==Description==
Guard features a ball shaped tip surrounded by a downward facing dish that freely moves vertically, akin to Zero-G Beyblade's E230 Track. In theory the dish is meant to make contact with the stadium floor when the Beyblade is struck, forcing it back upright, acting as brakes to prevent a Stadium Out while the vertical movement of the dish is meant to prevent stamina loss. In practice however, the vertical movement prevents the dish from stabilizing a combination on the shallow curvature of the stadium and because the dish does not spin freely, it causes the Beyblade to accelerate instead of stopping which worsens destabilization further.

Unlike other ball based Performance Tip, Guard's tip does not features any tabs as their purpose had been integrated into the dish. However, the relatively smooth rim of the dish and its vertical movement nullifies most of its Knock-Out resistance with greater stamina loss and the small diameter of the tip does little to stop the Beyblade. While the smooth ball would imply greater stamina than Defense, the aforementioned dish nullifies any stamina benefit.

==Overall==
Overall, Guard is outclassed by many other Performance Tips such as Defense in terms of both Knock-Out resistance and Stamina. While the Dish can create Life-After-Death potential, it is outclassed by Destroy and Atomic. As such this part is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - Iron Gears - Feb. 11, 2018

I wouldn't even buy blast jinius for glaive

RE: Performance Tip/Driver - Guard - mrvitobeygeek2 - Feb. 11, 2018

(Feb. 11, 2018  8:40 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2017  4:31 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Guard is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-89 Blast Jinnius 5Glaive Guard on

==Description==
Guard features a ball shaped tip surrounded by a downward facing dish that freely moves vertically, akin to Zero-G Beyblade's E230 Track. In theory the dish is meant to make contact with the stadium floor when the Beyblade is struck, forcing it back upright, acting as brakes to prevent a Stadium Out while the vertical movement of the dish is meant to prevent stamina loss. In practice however, the vertical movement prevents the dish from stabilizing a combination on the shallow curvature of the stadium and because the dish does not spin freely, it causes the Beyblade to accelerate instead of stopping which worsens destabilization further.

Unlike other ball based Performance Tip, Guard's tip does not features any tabs as their purpose had been integrated into the dish. However, the relatively smooth rim of the dish and its vertical movement nullifies most of its Knock-Out resistance with greater stamina loss and the small diameter of the tip does little to stop the Beyblade. While the smooth ball would imply greater stamina than Defense, the aforementioned dish nullifies any stamina benefit.

==Overall==
Overall, Guard is outclassed by many other Performance Tips such as Defense in terms of both Knock-Out resistance and Stamina. While the Dish can create Life-After-Death potential, it is outclassed by Destroy and Atomic. As such this part is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Thanks for using my info about the semi aggressive movement patterns I got that from both BBGs video in which blast jinnius went up against alter Chronos and from some leftburst videos where there was blast jinnius battling beys like maximum Garuda