World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Driver - Gyro - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Wiki (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Wiki)
+---- Forum: Approved Drafts (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Approved-Drafts)
+---- Thread: Driver - Gyro (/Thread-Driver-Gyro)

Pages: 1 2

Driver - Gyro - Mitsu - Mar. 24, 2016

Hey, I could definitely say I'm new to writing articles for Beyblade Wiki. Please critique me however you'd like. Tongue_out Let me know if any changes should be made!

Quote:Gyro is a Driver released as a part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Starter B-31 Yggdrasil Ring Gyro on February 20th, 2016.

==Description==

Gyro features a free-spinning, plastic tip and is the height of a standard Driver. In prime condition, Gyro causes the Beyblade to have a calm movement pattern. Its aggression increases as it wears down. While Gyro outclasses Survive, it is considered on-par with Defense, Stamina-wise.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==

Gyro can be used in the Stamina setup Deathscyther Spread Gyro, with similar Stamina to Deathscyther Heavy Defense.

==Use in Attack/Stamina Hybrid==

Gyro can be used in the Attack/Stamina Hybrid, Valkyrie Heavy Gyro, which is designed to win against stationary Deathscyther combination by Burst Finish, like its counterpart, Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive. It can do this consistently like Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme, but with less risk of knocking itself in to a Stadium pocket.

==Overall==

Gyro's Stamina is very similar to the Stamina of Defense and is also what is more versatile than both Defense and Survive. This makes it an essential part for any competitive Blader's collection.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Hato - Mar. 25, 2016

Great draft, Mitsu. Nothing that I can really think of that should be added, and this draft seems like it is good to go.

hatsyo approves

RE: Driver - Gyro - Kai-V - Mar. 25, 2016

Sort of similar to what I experimented with today, but at the same time, perhaps this is too early?

There definitely needs to be a description of the tip's shape, and I get the impression that there should be more to the description of the part, but other than making the Use in x Customization sections triple = instead of ==, this draft looks good.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Ultra - Mar. 25, 2016

Shouldn't someone at least post some testing first before we make an article for it? Cause there isn't anything.

Very good point, and I would have posted some today but I kept winning with whatever was launched first, through Bursts, so it was just frustrating hah.

RE: Driver - Gyro - *Ginga* - Mar. 25, 2016

I'm gonna do some DHD vs DHG tests tomorrow.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Bey Brad - Mar. 25, 2016

(Mar. 25, 2016  1:28 AM)Ultra Wrote: Shouldn't someone at least post some testing first before we make an article for it? Cause there isn't anything.

At the very least, we shouldn't need tests to upload a basic description of what the part is. I get the sense that people here often forget that Wikis are living documents that can be updated over time as new information is learned.

(Mar. 25, 2016  2:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:28 AM)Ultra Wrote: Shouldn't someone at least post some testing first before we make an article for it? Cause there isn't anything.

At the very least, we shouldn't need tests to upload a basic description of what the part is. I get the sense that people here often forget that Wikis are living documents that can be updated over time as new information is learned.

But the "Use in x Customization" sections are not simple descriptions. Sure, the rest could be published almost as is, but not those sections.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Bey Brad - Mar. 25, 2016

Yes, that's what I am saying Smile

RE: Driver - Gyro - Mitsu - Mar. 25, 2016

I'll definitely get some Gyro testings up soon. Deathscyther Spread Gyro was used a bit by Kei at a previous Toronto event, as was Valkyrie Heavy Gyro at a previous one in Maryland, but I honestly forgot there were no official testings on it up. (´・ω・`)7

RE: Driver - Gyro - SoSteve - Mar. 25, 2016

(Mar. 25, 2016  2:02 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I'll definitely get some Gyro testings up soon. Deathscyther Spread Gyro was used a bit by Kei at a previous Toronto event, as was Valkyrie Heavy Gyro at a previous one in Maryland, but I honestly forgot there were no official testings on it up. (´・ω・`)7

I'm going to do tests asswell

RE: Driver - Gyro - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 28, 2016

beymazing draft @[Mitsu] i can't believe you guys found so much info about it in such a short time [i was offline from few days]

RE: Driver - Gyro - loyd87 - Mar. 28, 2016

I would contribute as soon my Gyro arrive this week!

RE: Driver - Gyro - Mitsu - Apr. 11, 2016

Quote:Gyro is a Driver released as a part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Starter B-31 Yggdrasil Ring Gyro on February 20th, 2016.

==Description==

Gyro features a free-spinning, rounded-out bottom. It is the height of a standard Driver. In prime condition, Gyro causes the Beyblade to have a calm movement pattern. Its aggression increases as it wears down, as would any Driver. While Gyro outclasses Survive, it is considered on-par with Defense, Stamina-wise.

Gyro can be used in the Stamina setup Deathscyther Spread Gyro, with similar Stamina to Deathscyther Heavy Defense.

==Use as an Attack/Stamina Hybrid==

Gyro can be used in the Attack/Stamina Hybrid, Valkyrie Heavy Gyro, which is designed to win against stationary Deathscyther combination by Burst Finish, like its counterpart, Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive. It can do this consistently like Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme, but with less risk of knocking itself into a Stadium pocket. While Gyro is more prone to being destabilized than Drivers such as Claw and Survive, its superior stamina makes up for this.

==Use in Defense Combination==

Gyro can be used in Defense combinations, such as Wyvern Heavy Gyro.

==Overall==

Gyro's Stamina is very similar to the Stamina of Defense and is also more versatile than both Defense and Survive. This makes it an essential part for any competitive Blader's collection.

Gave this a little update. What do you guys think?

RE: Driver - Gyro - ~Mana~ - Apr. 11, 2016

Looks good to me, though I lack knowledge on Gyro as I don't actually own it, nor have I properly read up on it, so I can only really comment on the layout and the wording, haha.

Anyone have anything to add to this? It'd be nice if we could push the article live soon, haha.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Kai-V - Apr. 12, 2016

I just made a few small corrections for the sake of comprehension, but I think this is good otherwise. Can we really say that Gyro completely outclasses Survive?

==Description==

Gyro features a small[b] free-spinning, rounded-out bottom. It is the height of a standard Driver. In prime condition, Gyro causes the Beyblade to have a calm movement pattern. Its aggression increases as it wears down, as would any Driver, [b]as well as when tilted. While Gyro slightly outclasses Survive, it is considered on-par with Defense, Stamina-wise.

Gyro can be used in the Attack/Stamina Hybrid Valkyrie Heavy Gyro, which is designed to win against stationary Deathscyther combination by Burst Finish, like its counterpart, Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive. It can do this consistently like Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme, but with less risk of knocking itself out. While Gyro is more prone to being destabilized than Drivers such as Claw and Survive, its superior stamina makes up for this.

==Overall==

Gyro's stamina is very similar to that of Defense and is also more versatile than both Defense and Survive. This makes it an essential part for any competitive Blader's collection.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Mitsu - Apr. 12, 2016

I think I could speak for most players who attended Sayonara-Bye Odin when I say Gyro definitely outclasses Survive for stamina, but they do definitely seem to be very similar when it comes to being used on Valkyrie and for defense. Saying Gyro, in most cases, outclasses Survive definitely sounds more fitting. Smile

RE: Driver - Gyro - Kai-V - Apr. 20, 2016

I was waiting in the hopes that other Bladers would share their opinion on Gyro versus Survive, but OK, let us just publish this as is hah.

I removed the "slightly" but kept my other modifications. @[Mitsu], do you want to be the one to publish it on Beywiki?

==Description==

Gyro features a small free-spinning, rounded-out bottom. It is the height of a standard Driver. In prime condition, Gyro causes the Beyblade to have a calm movement pattern. Its aggression increases as it wears down, as would any Driver, as well as when tilted. While Gyro outclasses Survive, it is considered on-par with Defense, Stamina-wise.

Gyro can be used in the Attack/Stamina Hybrid Valkyrie Heavy Gyro, which is designed to win against stationary Deathscyther combination by Burst Finish, like its counterpart, Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Survive. It can do this consistently like Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme, but with less risk of knocking itself out. While Gyro is more prone to being destabilized than Drivers such as Claw and Survive, its superior stamina makes up for this.

==Overall==

Gyro's stamina is very similar to that of Defense and is also more versatile than both Defense and Survive. This makes it an essential part for any competitive Blader's collection.

RE: Driver - Gyro - Bey Brad - Apr. 20, 2016

Can we really say Gyro is an essential part of any Blader's collection when Revolve seems to be better overall?

Also, is Gyro's tip really "rounded-out"? Seems like a broad sharp shape to me.

Furthermore, this article assumes knowledge on behalf of the reader that we can't assume they have, e.g. "with similar Stamina to Deathscyther Heavy Defense." What does that mean? Will the reader be able to understand this?

I think this highlights that the wiki cannot be considered the ultimate competitive resource, but merely an informational one.

Ah, you are right, this article definitely should have the timestamp that it was written prior to the release and proper experimentation with Revolve, for which no draft has been written yet. New parts are coming out at a faster pace than the drafts getting posted so far... Thankfully all the Dual Layers are basically inconsequential.

The current Deathscyther article on Beyblade Wiki does highlight that Deathscyther Heavy Defense has great stamina: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Layer_-_Deathscyther We could just make sure to link "Deathscyther Heavy Defense" in this article to the Deathscyther article.

RE: Driver - Gyro - ~Mana~ - Apr. 20, 2016

(Apr. 20, 2016  2:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think this highlights that the wiki cannot be considered the ultimate competitive resource, but merely an informational one.

Well, that's just it; a Wiki is designed to be informative, and normally Wikis will take a neutral point of view to avoid any bias. That's just how things have always been honestly, though this is where we're defying that unwritten rule. The bright side is that these are being written based on actual tests for each part, which means we can be informative on those aspects as well. Down side is that we actually have to revisit each parts article when the part is "outclassed" and re-write that description.

As for assuming knowledge; that can be solved by linking or referencing the article that it is stated in, but I do agree that the assumption is a little off there. Perhaps stating an actual spin duration test result there is better, and avoids the need for the user to research the Bey in question to find out what it means?

Well, spin duration is not really the same as stamina. And "stamina" is hard to quantify. I just think that we should lean more towards "here's some decent combos you can use this part in, and here's a general description of its performance" instead of "this part is top-tier and here is why."

RE: Driver - Gyro - Cookie Bouquets - Apr. 20, 2016

(Apr. 20, 2016  2:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Furthermore, this article assumes knowledge on behalf of the reader that we can't assume they have, e.g. "with similar Stamina to Deathscyther Heavy Defense." What does that mean? Will the reader be able to understand this?

Yeah, I definitely agree with this point in particular. The phrase should be generalized to something like "has good stamina" or something. Obviously you'd want something worded better but looking at it as if I was a new player, I wouldn't know that DHD is top tier for stamina, or good for stamina at all.

However, I feel like the general audience that uses the wiki also browses the WBO. So it can be assumed (not that the writer should anyways - that's basically taboo) that the reader knows what combinations are good or top tier.

Well, as ~Mana~ and I mentioned, there would be a link leading to the Deathscyther article, so you would clearly read there that Deathscyther Heavy Defense is top-tier for Stamina.

(Apr. 20, 2016  3:51 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: However, I feel like the general audience that uses the wiki also browses the WBO. So it can be assumed (not that the writer should anyways - that's basically taboo) that the reader knows what combinations are good or top tier.

This won't be the case within a year.