World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament (/Thread-Los-Angeles-CA-USA-LA-Tournament)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - JoJo [Jp0t] - Aug. 07, 2016

Have you ever tried using https://bitly.com ? You can customize URLs so you can make it shorter and more understandable. So the potential or and example URL for the LA thread or tournament thread can be WorldBeyblade/LAtournment(dot)com.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Aug. 07, 2016

(Aug. 07, 2016  6:27 AM)jojospud247 Wrote: Have you ever tried using https://bitly.com ? You can customize URLs so you can make it shorter and more understandable. So the potential or and example URL for the LA thread or tournament thread can be WorldBeyblade/LAtournment(dot)com.

I just created a smaller URL that I will most likely feature somewhere on the poster when it's done.

http://bit.ly/LAbeyblade

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Aug. 08, 2016

-Tournament Announcement-

-Untitled-
Other name suggestions would be preferable

August 27th 2016
Weller Court, Little Tokyo

This post is to gather attendees prior to the proposal

[Image: 8f79b909d09f5d1395c404aac0e8eb08.png]

[Image: 032025dc330a8cb8535689b05e3289a2.png]Confirmed Attendees:
Alta-host
ThaKingTai-co-host
earthwolf1404-co-host
jojospud247-co-host
RacingCheetahz
StormAngel
Wars End
Breakdown

[Image: 032025dc330a8cb8535689b05e3289a2.png]Possible Attendees:

================================

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - RacingCheetahz - Aug. 08, 2016

sign me and my brothers up for the event

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Aug. 08, 2016

(Aug. 08, 2016  10:10 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: sign me and my brothers up for the event

List their usernames.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Aug. 08, 2016

Wars End
StormAngel
Breakdown

And of course that makes the 8 people that we need. Hopefully, Hasbro will have released Burst before the event.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - top beyblader10 - Aug. 08, 2016

(Aug. 08, 2016  6:29 AM)Alta Wrote:

-Untitled-

August 27th 2016

Alta-host
ThaKingTai-co-host
earthwolf1404-co-host
jojospud247-co-host
RacingCheetahz

I will ask my dad but school is starting tomorrow so probs not but I hope I can the last one was AMAZING

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Aug. 09, 2016

The proposal is up now, I will create a post in this thread redirecting users to the official event topic once the event is confirmed.

I will contribute to prizes myself once I can get a steadier income, but if anyone else is planning to add prizes that would be appreciated.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - JoJo [Jp0t] - Aug. 09, 2016

(Aug. 09, 2016  7:16 AM)Alta Wrote: The proposal is up now, I will create a post in this thread redirecting users to the official event topic once the event is confirmed.

I will contribute to prizes myself once I can get a steadier income, but if anyone else is planning to add prizes that would be appreciated.

I'm hoping Hasbro's Beyblade Burst will be in stores before the tournament and also hoping they'll be just as good as TT. I don't get paid til the 15th so I'll see what I can do.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Angry Face - Aug. 09, 2016

Wish I could stick around for your next event, but I'm only in Anaheim till Saturday. Does anybody know of any places where Beyblade Burst is sold around LA? I wouldn't mind visiting one of those shops in Little Tokyo before I go, though.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - JoJo [Jp0t] - Aug. 10, 2016

(Aug. 09, 2016  11:52 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Wish I could stick around for your next event, but I'm only in Anaheim till Saturday. Does anybody know of any places where Beyblade Burst is sold around LA? I wouldn't mind visiting one of those shops in Little Tokyo before I go, though.

Anime Jungle in Little Tokyo has Beyblades. Not a huge selection though. At the last tournament, they said they would have more around mid-July so there might be some newer stuff. SOMETIMES Tokyo Lifestyle has Beyblades. There should be one in Little Tokyo. I only say sometimes because the one near my house will have old MFBs and sometimes they won't. I guess it just depends on each store. Earthwolf1404 said Young Art in Korean Town has Korean Beyblade Bursts but also kind of expensive.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Angry Face - Aug. 10, 2016

Wow, I'll have to pay those places a visit before leaving. TBH, I'm not overly concerned with what Beyblades any of those stores will have, I'll just be happy to visit them, ha ha. Thanks a lot, jojo!

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Aug. 10, 2016

Oh, i also have to mention that when I checked last week, they had like Three Spriggan Heavy Defenses, so I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Anime Jungle. But if you do go and see more stuff, please tell us.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - DragonicMeister - Aug. 11, 2016

(Aug. 08, 2016  6:29 AM)Alta Wrote:

-Untitled-

August 27th 2016

Alta-host
ThaKingTai-co-host
earthwolf1404-co-host
jojospud247-co-host
RacingCheetahz
StormAngel
Wars End
Breakdown

Yeah I might show up. But depends if possible.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Aug. 12, 2016

[Image: ee94a2f4711824ecd2df141e91f24c8d.png]The official topic for Go Shoot First, Ask Questions Later is now up.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - RacingCheetahz - Aug. 30, 2016

even though i was told we were not going to start planning for the tournament till a week after GSFAQL,i have a name "Nobody ever expects the Beyblade inquisition!"

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - DragonicMeister - Aug. 30, 2016

Wasn't able to go. Sprained my ankle on that day. Crying

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - RacingCheetahz - Aug. 30, 2016

(Aug. 30, 2016  8:56 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Wasn't able to go. Sprained my ankle on that day. Crying

all you missed was basically a 6 year old getting in 4th place
and that 6 year old is my brother

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - OwnageDerp - Aug. 30, 2016

Oh. Missed another one. Congrats to le winnars and all that. I'll look into coming next tourney but I definitely can't venture too far.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Aug. 30, 2016

There is a chance that September's event will be at Almeria Park, but we won't know until next Tuesday at the earliest. But for October, we do plan for that to be a Plastics Tournament.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - OwnageDerp - Aug. 30, 2016

I can manage that. Though it comes down to the date whether i'll be available.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Sep. 07, 2016

Just putting this out there, but we need to start planning our next tournament unless you guys wanna have like a bye month without tournaments. But for sure, October 29th, we should have a tournament with costumes and everything. Someone help me come up with names.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Sep. 07, 2016

For October, I was thinking that we do a plastics tournament for "Night of the Spinning Dead II: Zombies".

And For this one, if we try out the experimental format as a side event, then I like the title "Out of the Odinsleep!", or something lie that? What do you guys think?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - JoJo [Jp0t] - Sep. 07, 2016

October 29th will be perfect for me since I will be in LA for Comikaze anyway.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Sep. 07, 2016

(Sep. 07, 2016  5:00 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: For October, I was thinking that we do a plastics tournament for "Night of the Spinning Dead II: Zombies".

And For this one, if we try out the experimental format as a side event, then I like the title "Out of the Odinsleep!", or something lie that? What do you guys think?

My main concerns with doing plastics right now are the fact that Burst is on the cusp of release, so people will be excited for that [whether or not they will legal for tournament play is another thing], and the fact that we may not have enough to loan out for plastics, considering launchers and everything. We also have to take in the breaks that we've had during free play at the last couple tournaments. I kinda wanna hold off on plastics until I feel that it can be done properly, but then this is a group thing, so whatever the majority wants to do, we'll do.

I've been wanting to test that format for a while. My main concern, though, has been the length of a normal tournament. By the time that's over, people have been tired and ready to go. I believe our priority should be getting as many ranked tournaments under our belt as we can. But if we can do so when we have a block round robin, I'm all for it.