World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 (/Thread-Hasbro-Wolborg-Wolborg-2)

Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - alex_Lei1993 - Jan. 17, 2008

Has anyone noticed a difference between Takara's and Hasbro's Wolborg/Wolborg 2 tips? I find they are much more rounded and much more aggressive. My Wolborg 2 moves extremely fast. It kind of grips for a bit, then does a circle around the stadium like a Dragoon MSUV.Chocked_2

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Bey Brad - Jan. 17, 2008

alex_Lei1993 Wrote:Has anyone noticed a difference between Takara's and Hasbro's Wolborg/Wolborg 2 tips? I find they are much more rounded and much more aggressive. My Wolborg 2 moves extremely fast. It kind of grips for a bit, then does a circle around the stadium like a Dragoon MSUV.Chocked_2

Hasbro screwed the tips up.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - PRINCEcharming - Jan. 18, 2008

If either of them are that aggressive, then I'd think the shafts are buggered more then the tips.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Nic - Jan. 18, 2008

Even with free shaft, unless it's seasoned bearings, it's still possible for it to go into attack form.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Z - Jan. 18, 2008

alex_Lei1993 Wrote:Has anyone noticed a difference between Takara's and Hasbro's Wolborg/Wolborg 2 tips? I find they are much more rounded and much more aggressive. My Wolborg 2 moves extremely fast. It kind of grips for a bit, then does a circle around the stadium like a Dragoon MSUV.Chocked_2

As Composer as stated above, this could be due to a poorly-tuned bearing. Other possible reasons could include:
1. Your blade clips are of different sizes (and hence weight) or that one of the blade clips come loose when you shoot the beyblade, thereby affecting the balance of the beyblade, often causing it to move around the stadium.
2. Your Spin Gear is not tight enough. As such, the shaft will not be stable when spinning, causing the beyblade to move around the stadium.
3. Your tip is losing grip. Try using a tape to clean up the grip tip.
4. Your beyblade is too light (this is sometimes a significant factor).

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Bey Brad - Jan. 18, 2008

Thank you for the input Z, but it is most certainly a production error on Hasbro's parts. I've never seen a single Wolborg 1/2 from them that worked as it was supposed to. Wolborg in particular had its tip changed from sharp to very found.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Nic - Jan. 18, 2008

Z Wrote:As Composer as stated above, this could be due to a poorly-tuned bearing. Other possible reasons could include:
1. Your blade clips are of different sizes (and hence weight) or that one of the blade clips come loose when you shoot the beyblade, thereby affecting the balance of the beyblade, often causing it to move around the stadium.
2. Your Spin Gear is not tight enough. As such, the shaft will not be stable when spinning, causing the beyblade to move around the stadium.

I personally doubt the off balance clips thing will make that happen, at least, it didn't happen to me. I experimented with one in and one out before, for attack purposes. It screws up clips though. =(

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - alex_Lei1993 - Jan. 19, 2008

Hmm I think it's the tip. It's almost flat and only slightly angled and works somewhat like Metal Change Base. It's ridiculous how fast it moves and I can't believe it sometimes. It does like a few extremely fast circles on the edge of the stadium and heads to the center.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Jos - Jan. 19, 2008

Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Z Wrote:As Composer as stated above, this could be due to a poorly-tuned bearing. Other possible reasons could include:

I personally doubt the off balance clips thing will make that happen, at least, it didn't happen to me. I experimented with one in and one out before, for attack purposes. It screws up clips though. =(

I tried it and it works on me. Perhaps your beyblade is heavy enough? Not too sure here either. Maybe it works for some cases only. Maybe Z can help to clarify?

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Z - Jan. 19, 2008

Jos Wrote:I tried it and it works on me. Perhaps your beyblade is heavy enough? Not too sure here either. Maybe it works for some cases only. Maybe Z can help to clarify?

Jos and Composer, actually I am not too sure of that too. I think it would have to do with the total balance of your beyblade also. Sometimes it occurs to me but during other times, it does not. Serious

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Nic - Jan. 19, 2008

I'm guessing it's about how stiff the shaft is, not so much about the balance. If the shaft is smooth, no matter how bad the balance, the shaft will still stay in the same spot.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Jos - Jan. 19, 2008

Composer of Requiems Wrote:I'm guessing it's about how stiff the shaft is, not so much about the balance. If the shaft is smooth, no matter how bad the balance, the shaft will still stay in the same spot.

Hmm, when you referred to the stiffness of the shaft, do you mean the extent to which the bearing used was tuned?

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Nic - Jan. 19, 2008

Jos Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:I'm guessing it's about how stiff the shaft is, not so much about the balance. If the shaft is smooth, no matter how bad the balance, the shaft will still stay in the same spot.

Hmm, when you referred to the stiffness of the shaft, do you mean the extent to which the bearing used was tuned?

Any factor that affects how well it can spin.

RE: Hasbro Wolborg/Wolborg 2 - Xeno - Jan. 21, 2008

My Wolborg 2 also seems to do this too. I found this to be very awquard at first but then I started to use it to my advantage.