World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Limited Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Limited-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16) (/Thread-MFB-Limited-Ban-List-Discussion-v1-5-9-20-16)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Leone19 - Jan. 08, 2014

I'm towards banning Gravity, honestly.

Only because, and its true, I've experienced this at Beys of Ours Lives (even though it wasn't technically Limited), some people believe that there is really no need to use other Attack Wheels, as long as Gravity is around.

Gravity is, in my opinion, is making Attack in limited Gravity based or Gravity "dominant".

I don't see an issue with F230 GCF, though. Its really not the problem, in this case.

Basically, its doing what Basalt did back in the day- being spammed ridiculously and causing members to want it banned.

Just my thoughts on the matter, please consider them. Tongue_out

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Tri - Jan. 08, 2014

There's a difference between dominance and popularity, where Gravity is in the latter more. It's used a lot because it is a very popular part, and was at its release as well.

(Jan. 08, 2014  2:01 AM)Tri Wrote: There's a difference between dominance and popularity, where Gravity is in the latter more. It's used a lot because it is a very popular part, and was at its release as well.

Very true, I do have to agree.

But at the same time, isn't it "dominating" the Attack Types of Limited?

Most people choose Gravity over other wheels because its usually better than other Attack wheels.
(I hope my explanation of where I got Dominance from makes sense)

Tongue_out

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - Kaneki - Jan. 08, 2014

Yes Leone19! NO ONE'S USING OTHER WHELS. My point. Me and Kei was talking and we agree on banning Gravity and with Gravity gone, we get more options in attack+We keep F230. 'Cause they'd be no reason to ban it.

There already are many options for attack in LTD (Cosmic, Beat, Screw, etc.), people just choose to use Gravity because its more popular and has seen better numbers. Limited really is an attack heavy format. The thing is, I think we are to centralized on Gravity's numbers that we forget that their are very similar to other popular attack wheels in LTD. I get nearly the same results with them all (besides Beat which I don't have).

Now that I say that, and I hate to say this now, CF and GCF really are a problem. I change my case, haha. Hopefully I worded this well I typed fast Tongue_out.

That's another point. People are brainwashed into thinking Gravity is best. Did anyone look at my other attack combos? They get the same/nearly results. It needs banned. Well at least to see how the tournaments will go, haha.

Also, Tri, I don't think GCF/CF needs banned if we banned Gravity.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - LONG SNAPPER - Jan. 08, 2014

Well just because people spam it, doesn't mean it deserves to be banned...

(Jan. 08, 2014  2:35 AM)Stamina. Wrote: Well just because people spam it, doesn't mean it deserves to be banned...

If an amazingly good combination is being spammed, which pretty much convinces people only it should be used over other combinations, when it necessarily shouldn't, shouldn't it be banned?

This is like Libra and Basalt all over, haha.

Dude, if we keep Gravity, what would be the point in Limited. No other wheels are being used when they should. It won't be Limited anymore it'll be: Gravity vs everything. Please, try look a bit more and you'll see why it needs banned. At least see how it does banned. Gives more options to Limited.

RE: MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion - [)ragon - Jan. 08, 2014

There's one thing you guys are sort of overlooking here:

We've only had 5 limited tournaments, EVER.

We cannot say that Gravity is "dominating" the tournament scene yet, because there hasn't been more than one tournament in the same area.

Gravity has been used because:

1: It is readily available and a widely owned part (Lightning, Cosmic, Beat and Vulcan are all very expensive by comparison)

2: It is very popular. People just like using Gravity.

3: Certain people have a misconception that Gravity is actually better for Attack than other wheels. It's really not from my experience. It has average smash Attack.

4: Most people believe that having a wheel that can spin both directions will be significantly safer than using other Attack wheels. This is false. The only things you'll get an OS out of with Gravity are High-track Defense types, which you can slaughter with both Beat and Lightning MTAC's, so it's really not a good reason to use it over something else unless you're sure the other guy is gonna pull 230RSF on you (even then Beat and Lightning are just as viable).

It's honestly just the mindset of the players at the moment. Most people are reading up on how the meta was years ago where Gravity ran rampant. The problem is, this is not like the meta years ago. We have all the Metal Fury wheels, and Libra is legal. That puts a lot more competition into the Metal Wheels category for Gravity to deal with. It used to be the best, but now we've got more things that can match/surpass/counter it.

^My point exactly, just a little more elaborated Smile.

Banning Gravity won't give LTD more options in my opinion.

^ Not agreeing. I think at least ban it for one list. Nearly everybody's up for banning it and I agree. It's not the best wheel. It's just people keep using it and other's (IMO) should be used more. Give it a good think. For real. Want to play in Limited with Gravity for the rest of your life?

(Jan. 08, 2014  2:44 AM)Tri Wrote: ^My point exactly, just a little more elaborated Smile.

Banning Gravity won't give LTD more options in my opinion.

If anything, since we seem to be pretty mixed so far, it could be banned for the next Update, we could see how it works out, move on from there.

Its not the best idea, I'll admit, haha. But, if we're so split, it might be an option... Tongue_out

It really isn't illogical, I understand completely. Basically here's what I see if we ban Gravity, people won't use attack as much in LTD Tornaments. Why? Because as I said, Gravty is popular and people have this misconception that it is the only top tier worthy metal wheel for attack.

^Totaly agree. It's kinda what I said. One update won't hurt will it? Thanks Leone19 for agreeing.

Actually, not everyone is up for banning it. I'm certainly not.

My point exactly. It's just a popular piece that people like to use. You can't fix that by implementing a ban. If that's how people play, they'll just find the next thing they like and spam that (probably Lightning).

You can't force things like this. People just have to branch out by themselves.

I don't have to play with Gravity my whole life. If peopled are truly spamming it, I can change the meta all on my own! I can solo a tournament with a Gravity counter. If people lose against me with Gravity, they won't use it. Simple as that.

Plus, Gravity is a very interesting wheel. I wouldn't mind a Gravity-heavy metagame.

(Jan. 08, 2014  2:59 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Actually, not everyone is up for banning it. I'm certainly not.

My point exactly. It's just a popular piece that people like to use. You can't fix that by implementing a ban. If that's how people play, they'll just find the next thing they like and spam that (probably Lightning).

You can't force things like this. People just have to branch out by themselves.

I don't have to play with Gravity my whole life. If peopled are truly spamming it, I can change the meta all on my own! I can solo a tournament with a Gravity counter. If people lose against me with Gravity, they won't use it. Simple as that.

Plus, Gravity is a very interesting wheel. I wouldn't mind a Gravity-heavy metagame.

We understand everyone doesn't want it banned, which is why I stated it was mixed.

If anything, I think my idea could be considered, or not, haha. If we just banned it for one time, to see how it goes, we could simply compare results, and a decision could be made from that point. Tongue_out

L you even said it's not the best wheel. There are TONS other better, it's just people like to play it safe and gravity ends up getting spammed.

Yes, but that's why I think it needs banned for at least just one new updated!! It'll stop being spammed, then next update, take it off! It's not that hard, really. I'm agreein' with just test it on banned to see how Limited does without it. Come on people, it won't be that long. I just want to se how Limited will do.

You said yourself that it gets the same results as other metal wheels you've tested, so why exactly do you want to see it banned besides "I want to see how the format will do" and "it'll stop being spammed"?

I don't want to live a life where Gravity comes up in every tornament. TBH, I'm getting really, really, annoyed at this. You've just broke me, I'm out, you guys decide on Gravity. It's not my wheel, nor my format. You guys just keep chating. I don't want anything else to do with Gravity. You really take no notice to my posts? Just wait for the list. See ya.

Kind regards~ " L "

(Jan. 08, 2014  3:15 AM)" L Wrote: Yes, but that's why I think it needs banned for at least just one new updated!! It'll stop being spammed, then next update, take it off! It's not that hard, really. I'm agreein' with just test it on banned to see how Limited does without it. Come on people, it won't be that long. I just want to se how Limited will do.

Not to be rude or anything, but making an experiment like that at the possible expense of others is just a bad idea. We need more tournament results so that we can determine if there is a problem, and, if there is, whether the root of that problem is Gravity's competitive application or the personal preference of the players.

(Jan. 08, 2014  3:32 AM)" L Wrote: I don't want to live a life where Gravity comes up in every tornament. TBH, I'm getting really, really, annoyed at this. You've just broke me, I'm out, you guys decide on Gravity. It's not my wheel, nor my format. You guys just keep chating. I don't want anything else to do with Gravity. You really take no notice to my posts? Just wait for the list. See ya.

Kind regards~ " L "

Why would you not want to live with Gravity here? It's a beyblade...

But anyways that will soon change, other beys will show up.

Woah, that came up before I made my last post...

You don't have to leave. We're just discussing how to best solve this problem.

I don't understand why you are leaving " L ". We all have different ideas an yours were not looked over.

And none of us decide wether Gravity is banned or not. This is a public discussion for it but ultimately it's up to the committee and the advanced members.