World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana (/Thread-Messages-for-Hasbro-and-Nelvana)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Ariamis776 - Jul. 23, 2009

i hope that theintoy will keep stocking hms..

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - theflightyellz - Jul. 23, 2009

Not the place to post that Zarrox, this is for questions to Hasbro and Nelvana on Metal Fight beyblade, not opinions on previous series, not wants for web stores to keep old stock in stock. If you want older series, try ebay, or YJA through MOJ, and check out the Marketplace thread for information on YJA and MOJ.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Ariamis776 - Jul. 23, 2009

kk ty.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Pepe le Penguin - Jul. 23, 2009

People are saying that Hasbro should do more boosters for MFB, because in the old series they didn't do many, but I'm finding it kind of annoying that there are so few MFB starters right now. I understand that people would accumulate a lot of launchers in the old beyblades and would rather just have the cheaper boosters, but the launchers still break. So I think that Hasbro should have more starters when they make MFB.

Also if they make new launcher grips too that'd be pretty cool. There was a huge variety in the old series, so I'm waiting for the ones Hasbro will make, because there is not a great variety now.

If Hasbro made two-packs, kind of like how now there are beyreshuffle sets, I think those would be popular too. Since its a new product the selling point will be that now "you can play with your friends," if they have a a few that come in twos. Maybe two packs of rival ones, like from major battles in the show. Kids'd like to imitate their favorite scenes from the show.

I know this is kind of a dead topic, but I decided to put an opinion now that I'm getting in to MFB. POSTPOSTPOST

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Bey Brad - Jul. 23, 2009

How is this a dead topic?

Also, if they just sell the BeyLaunchers separately and can keep them in stock, I don't see any reason for Starters, to be honest ...

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - axe_ninja - Jul. 24, 2009

(Jul. 23, 2009  11:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: How is this a dead topic?

Also, if they just sell the BeyLaunchers separately and can keep them in stock, I don't see any reason for Starters, to be honest ...

there is a very very good reason for starters ... and that couldn't be more obvious by the name. its a STARTER.

i bought my first new BMF set the other day. granted i didnt buy a 'starter' as such but i bought a package to kickstart the new hobby im starting up again. i didnt want to buy a set of blades on their own, then a bowl on its own, then launchers on its own. you have to remember this is still primarily a kids toy and when it comes to kids the cash disher is the parents. and the parents want a one-time-buy for their kid to be able to play. can you really see people wanting to buy their kids the blade and launcher seperatly? no, its gotta be one neat and tidy package or else it just doesnt sell as well.

its easy for you to think that no one is gonna want a starter pack, but thats cause you're a seasoned vet and you've been playing a long time and you're not afraid to pay for exactly what you want. but the target audience for this product is more likely to want to just buy one thing and have done with it period. remeber even you started somewhere back along, and you bought a beyblaade with the blade, and the launcher, the bear essensials. and thats what should be sold.

idea for hasbro: i would like to see the blades not linked to any characters in the animation.
i know its a bit of a double-edged sword; it may make people want it more or less, but i remember the first set of beyblades released by hasbro (bakushin-oh, grip attacker etc) and i dont remember any characters on them. it just felt more real, less like we're re-enacting an anime and more like we're our own players. and thats what i like.

thank you.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Bey Brad - Jul. 24, 2009

Quote:idea for hasbro: i would like to see the blades not linked to any characters in the animation.

this would defeat the point of using the anime to promote the series in the first place. i find it funny that you're talking about marketing and then suggest this

as for me, i remember having WAYYY too many shooters with my hasbro bey. i'm not saying abolish starters, but as long as it's clearly indicated which ones come with a shooter and which don't, i don't see how it would be a problem

(Jul. 24, 2009  4:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: this would defeat the point of using the anime to promote the series in the first place. i find it funny that you're talking about marketing and then suggest this

as for me, i remember having WAYYY too many shooters with my hasbro bey. i'm not saying abolish starters, but as long as it's clearly indicated which ones come with a shooter and which don't, i don't see how it would be a problem
i also find it funny how you left out the sentance that came after it, it had a key term,which was 'double-edge sword'. please quote the whole chunk and not snipets, its like putting words into my mouth.

i understand the use of the anime, but then i never was interested in buying a blade because it was top notch in the anime. maybe its just me, but i think its a shared oppinion.

too many shooters? i dont know how much you spend but i think i had the sufficient amount of launchers myself, not that im dissing you for having too much lauchers as a result of too much spending, but launchers are one of those things you dont miss till they're gone. and you may think they clutter but ... its so good to have spares.

You can call it a double-edged sword if you want, the fact is that there is no point to the anime existing if they do not connect them to the toyline. Also, I quoted just that part because quoting a giant block of text right above me is redundant if I want to address the single point. Surely, anyone reading my response read your post as well.

All I am saying is that starters and boosters can coincide together with selling launchers separately ... the way it has always been in Japan. I don't mind buying starters, but it's cheaper to buy a Beyblade as a booster, and with launchers also available separately it's the best of both worlds ... buy a starter if you want a "complete set", buy a booster if you want ... well, a booster.

This topic really needs to be cleaned up again ...

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Tempestas007 - Jul. 24, 2009

When your target is kids, using the Anime to facilitate sales is major. Seeing the Beyblade do amazing things in the Anime may not affect you all that much, but to an 8-10 year old, it could very well make them want to get it. I'm pretty sure it's worked in the past.

(Jul. 24, 2009  4:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You can call it a double-edged sword if you want, the fact is that there is no point to the anime existing if they do not connect them to the toyline. Also, I quoted just that part because quoting a giant block of text right above me is redundant if I want to address the single point. Surely, anyone reading my response read your post as well.

All I am saying is that starters and boosters can coincide together with selling launchers separately ... the way it has always been in Japan. I don't mind buying starters, but it's cheaper to buy a Beyblade as a booster, and with launchers also available separately it's the best of both worlds ... buy a starter if you want a "complete set", buy a booster if you want ... well, a booster.

This topic really needs to be cleaned up again ...
you quoted that little bit like it was on its own, whereas in fact it was part of a para-graph that backed up the comment, you leaving that bit out made it look different to what i was saying.

i can read right now the post you wrote saying that you dont think theres any need for starters, and now you're saying starters and boosters can co-exist. make you mind up.

i wouldnt exactly say the anime is useless without the connection. things can work without the anime being even remotly close to what that said thing is. like pokemon for example; no one watches the cartoon for it anymore unless they're very young or very nerdy, and eeryone who plays the cardgame doesnt need to watch it, its possible to work by itself.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Tempestas007 - Jul. 24, 2009

(Jul. 24, 2009  7:13 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: you quoted that little bit like it was on its own, whereas in fact it was part of a para-graph that backed up the comment, you leaving that bit out made it look different to what i was saying.

i can read right now the post you wrote saying that you dont think theres any need for starters, and now you're saying starters and boosters can co-exist. make you mind up.

i wouldnt exactly say the anime is useless without the connection. things can work without the anime being even remotly close to what that said thing is. like pokemon for example; no one watches the cartoon for it anymore unless they're very young or very nerdy, and eeryone who plays the cardgame doesnt need to watch it, its possible to work by itself.

I watch the cartoon from time to time and I'm not young nor nerdy. Generalizations are bad.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Kai-V - Jul. 24, 2009

(Jul. 24, 2009  7:13 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: i can read right now the post you wrote saying that you dont think theres any need for starters, and now you're saying starters and boosters can co-exist. make you mind up.
From what I recall, Brad has always said that the following situation would be ideal : no starters (or only a few), a lot of boosters, launchers sold separately, launcher stock abundant. He has not really contradicted himself; all he basically said is that the way things have always worked in Japan is good, and that we do not need one launcher for each beyblade we buy.

Quote:i wouldnt exactly say the anime is useless without the connection. things can work without the anime being even remotly close to what that said thing is. like pokemon for example; no one watches the cartoon for it anymore unless they're very young or very nerdy, and eeryone who plays the cardgame doesnt need to watch it, its possible to work by itself.
Sales have increased a lot since the anime began, for Metal Fight Beyblade. Hm, what else is there to say.

(Jul. 24, 2009  7:30 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: I watch the cartoon from time to time and I'm not young nor nerdy. Generalizations are bad.

yeah sorry, i meant like people who really 'watch' it ya' know

okay this is starting to bore me and its all getting to be very redundant to anything that can impact any of our lifes. i like a good argument every now and again but i've had enough now.

in the current state of beblading i dont see a reason to have a squabbling amoungsts ourselves. beyblading in its current state is still very young, and im gonna say lets all get along and work together and get fresh blood to the game. hasbro would do good to think about that when it comes to pitching, its about the bringing together... and not the rediculus squabble.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Giga - Jul. 24, 2009

Okay, so your telling a committee member, and the owner of the site to drop the argument YOU started, because it's boring you?

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Khel - Jul. 24, 2009

guys let's keep this on topic.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Kei - Jul. 24, 2009

Hasbro, please do not release the Face keys with everything. If you plan on releasing Random Boosters, don't include any keys. Keeping them with Starters and other sets is cool though.

My collection of them has become a little excessive!
[Image: dscn4273.jpg]

LOL

I think they will probably have to release Keys with everything ... I'd be a bit annoyed if I was out somewhere and couldn't put my new Bey together because it didn't come with a Key!

Haha, of course you would! But, that is why I said to take them out of boosters and not starters and other sets. Chances are, if you're buying a booster you already have bought a starter/other set and as a result, already have some Face keys. If you haven't, then it's your problem because you would not be able to launch it even if you were able to put it together!

but i'm an impatient child and want to build it as soon as i pay for it

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Khel - Jul. 24, 2009

Cause no one can wait to play with their light wheel.

(Jul. 24, 2009  8:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: but i'm an impatient child and want to build it as soon as i pay for it

True Bladers carry their Beyblades (and Face keys) with them wherever they go!!! DJ 2002 - Yeah!

(Jul. 24, 2009  8:26 PM)Kei Wrote: True Bladers carry their Beyblades (and Face keys) with them wherever they go!!! DJ 2002 - Yeah!

Dj - Uh.

(sorry to anyone at hasbro who had to read through this)

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - theflightyellz - Jul. 24, 2009

Hasbro, for lack of a better term, it'd be great if you could release some kind of "Beysurvivor Pack".
It'd be brilliant if we could get a pack featuring metal faces, a grip of some sorts, and possibly some spare bottoms that are easily damaged like rubber flat.
A lot of people here have had problems with rubber flat (since it is so easily worn and damaged), and metal faces are a strange product to sell just on their own.
Grips are a necessity for all bladers as well, so a pack that combined the said items would be ideal.

RE: Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana - Giga - Jul. 24, 2009

If you know your gonna get a bey bring a key :!