World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Spring 2010 (Canada) Fall 2010 (USA & UK) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Spring 2010 (Canada) Fall 2010 (USA & UK) (/Thread-BEYBLADE-Metal-Fusion-Spring-2010-Canada-Fall-2010-USA-UK)

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - King-LLDrago - Jun. 29, 2009

(Jun. 29, 2009  1:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They changed Gaia to Strata due to copyright reasons IIRC.

still, gaia is way cooler.(people noding heads)

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Raikage - Jun. 29, 2009

(Jun. 29, 2009  1:13 AM)BeyPegasis Wrote: if they change the name of Ginga to a dumb name like "bob" i will flip out.

I doubt that they'll change it. If you recall, most of the main characters of the old Beyblade kept their names. The only ones that were changed seemed to be ones that would sound really weird to English-speakers. (Takao, Giancarlo, Mihaeru, etc.) And even in the Bakugan dub they didn't really change any main character names. (Well, Danma became Daniel but since he's just called "Dan" most of the time in both versions, it isn't really that big a deal.) Ginga doesn't really sound too weird. And even if they do change it, I'm sure it won't be to something like "Bob" or even "Greg", like most people are suggesting.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - King-LLDrago - Jun. 29, 2009

(Jun. 29, 2009  1:27 AM)Raikage Wrote: I doubt that they'll change it. If you recall, most of the main characters of the old Beyblade kept their names. The only ones that were changed seemed to be ones that would sound really weird to English-speakers. (Takao, Giancarlo, Mihaeru, etc.) And even in the Bakugan dub they didn't really change any main character names. (Well, Danma became Daniel but since he's just called "Dan" most of the time in both versions, it isn't really that big a deal.) Ginga doesn't really sound too weird. And even if they do change it, I'm sure it won't be to something like "Bob" or even "Greg", like most people are suggesting.
trueConfused

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Tempestas007 - Jun. 29, 2009

(Jun. 29, 2009  1:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They changed Gaia to Strata due to copyright reasons IIRC.

What copyright?

And yea, Ginga doesn't sound weird enough for them to change it. I mean, they kept all the names in Naruto and Bleach (as far as I know), so why change Ginga, Kenta, Benkei, Kyouya, etc?

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Bey Brad - Jun. 29, 2009

Because it's a different target audience.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Tempestas007 - Jun. 29, 2009

They are, yea, but I don't think changing the names of the characters from what they are to some other more "english" name would hurt anything. I mean, Naruto and Bleach has been successful here without changing the names of the main characters.

But like it was said earlier, they did it to the previous series of Beyblade and those were great, so I don't know.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Khel - Jun. 29, 2009

As long as they don't muck up the actual game, I'm quite alright. It's not like I'll stop watching the RAW's anyway.

Going to send an e-mail to Nelvana begging them to release the DVDs with subs.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - fragbait - Jun. 29, 2009

(Jun. 27, 2009  8:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: :\

I know you said you will keep us informed, but I was wondering what he/she said iin the response. Just a generic, "I got your message" kind of thing.

(Jun. 29, 2009  3:02 AM)fragbait Wrote: I know you said you will keep us informed, but I was wondering what he/she said iin the response. Just a generic, "I got your message" kind of thing.

If it was at all interesting or concerned anyone but me, I would have posted it. Stop pestering me.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - bbgoldflame - Jun. 29, 2009

I hope they reply to your email and that Nelvana does what we hope they will do. MFB DVDs with dub and subs would be awesome!

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - To - Jul. 01, 2009

(Jun. 27, 2009  11:24 PM)BeyPegasis Wrote: oh jeez, i hope hasbro will keep the original names of the beyblades.
Tired

I kind of hope they change some of the Engrish names. Actually, I'd suspect they would change them.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Aqua - Jul. 01, 2009

ugh yeah, like how Pegasis should be Pegasus and Escolpio should be Escorpio...

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - To - Jul. 01, 2009

Shouldn't it just be Scorpio? Tongue_out

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Bey Brad - Jul. 02, 2009

(Jul. 01, 2009  11:56 PM)To Wrote: Shouldn't it just be Scorpio? Tongue_out

No?

We're not asking them to change the names, just correct spelling mistakes due to misinterpretation of English.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - To - Jul. 02, 2009

I thought the sign was Scorpio in English, Escorpio sounds Spanish.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Bey Brad - Jul. 02, 2009

(Jul. 02, 2009  12:12 AM)To Wrote: I thought the sign was Scorpio in English, Escorpio sounds Spanish.

The Beyblade name isn't necessarily a copy of the horoscope name. See: Sagittario

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Kai-V - Jul. 08, 2009

Nelvana added Beyblade: Metal Fusion to their list of shows :
http://www.nelvana.com/shows/shows_template.asp?sid=219

Hopefully the term "murderous" implies something promising for the dub ...

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Khel - Jul. 08, 2009

There might yet be hope for this.

We just might get to see Crabs eat people.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Giga - Jul. 08, 2009

They just revealed the whole plot...

What is this beyblade, I wonder? Can't be L.L Drago, that's a;ready here...

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Bey Brad - Jul. 08, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  4:37 PM)Khel Wrote: There might yet be hope for this.

We just might get to see Crabs eat people.

LOL

even i find the word "murderous" a bit much

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - Xeno - Jul. 08, 2009

Yeah. "Murderous" seems to be taboo for a children's show.

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - ichigokuro143 - Jul. 10, 2009

im so exited to buy storm pegasus

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - MIXY Blader - Jul. 11, 2009

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but these beyblades will hit the UK in 2010 right? Just making sure

RE: BEYBLADE: Metal Fusion - Fall 2010 - theflightyellz - Jul. 11, 2009

Possibly 2011 for the UK, since it hits the US fall 2010.