World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! (/Thread-Face-Contest-Design-a-Beyblade-Space-Style)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - RowDog - Sep. 03, 2011

Sky Prince you can do whatever you want with your beyblade as long as it is within logical reason, you don't really need Kai-V's answer to that. Though I'd go against the idea of having an asymmetrical left and right spin bey unless you had designed to spinning one way is a completely different type of part to the other, get what I am saying? Like if it was left spinning it had tonnes of recoil and right spin had real minimal recoil to make it a bit clearer. Otherwise I am not to big of a fan of the idea.

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - kyoa leone - Sep. 03, 2011

(Sep. 03, 2011  7:42 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:38 AM)kyoa leone Wrote: umm so i am entered Grin but i still dont get wat i need to do Uncertain
did you read the opening? all u gotta do is come up with a beyblade design. it's facebolt, metal wheel, weight disk, attack ring (or whatever generation beyblade ur designing) and draw each part individually and give a decent description of it and what's so unique about it. not to forget that the beyblade needs to be space themed (example: saturn, jupiter, galaxy, andromeda, star, etc.)

ummm thx Tongue_out

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Justaway - Sep. 03, 2011

Oh..yeah..I was actually taking some other line of symmetry into account..but what u said is right...still I think it wont be a big problem if u put an asymmetrical bey

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Sky Prince - Sep. 03, 2011

(Sep. 03, 2011  7:57 AM)RowDog Wrote: Though I'd go against the idea of having an asymmetrical left and right spin bey unless you had designed to spinning one way is a completely different type of part to the other, get what I am saying?
that's exactly what i meant.
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:57 AM)RowDog Wrote: Like if it was left spinning it had tonnes of recoil and right spin had real minimal recoil to make it a bit clearer. Otherwise I am not to big of a fan of the idea.
it's quite the opposite. with my design, right spin will have more recoil, smash, and upper attack. then with left spin, it will have defensive and upper attack potential. i made it the exact opposite because i feel like i'd be overpowering it if i made left spin the more advantageous direction... i felt like i had to power it down because i thought i wasn't being realistic....

(Sep. 03, 2011  8:07 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:57 AM)RowDog Wrote: Though I'd go against the idea of having an asymmetrical left and right spin bey unless you had designed to spinning one way is a completely different type of part to the other, get what I am saying?
that's exactly what i meant.
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:57 AM)RowDog Wrote: Like if it was left spinning it had tonnes of recoil and right spin had real minimal recoil to make it a bit clearer. Otherwise I am not to big of a fan of the idea.
it's quite the opposite. with my design, right spin will have more recoil, smash, and upper attack. then with left spin, it will have defensive and upper attack potential. i made it the exact opposite because i feel like i'd be overpowering it if i made left spin the more advantageous direction... i felt like i had to power it down because i thought i wasn't being realistic....
Then it's a good idea and I think you should run with it.

My entry: Shadow Blackhole H: S
Blackhole: (Click to View)
Assembled beyblade (Click to View)

Few, that took quite a while and I am annoyed because those drawings haven't come out that well through the scanner. I made part of the facebolt on paint to make it look a bit darker and better. And I know that my artistic ability isn't to great I love the idea of this bey. I have tried to keep it realistic and easy to build but still make it creative. Hope you like it.

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - .:J:. - Sep. 03, 2011

it looks ok rowdog, but what you should've tried to do is edit it so smoothen the edges, that's how my pictures look really smooth, also thanks for the comment! even Kai-V was showing a partial interest in it so i'm really pleased with it

I know my pencils suck. Really I am relying the fact of the idea because if I could have executed it well it would be a lot better. The other fact was I was taking too long trying to perfect it then I ran out of time.

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Synth - Sep. 03, 2011

My first Idea was Using a black hole clearwheel, eventually calling it "Skull Black hole EXC145 LRF", but the design was horrible Uncertain

that's a nice one, row. Good to see you joining the fight aswell. but, H: S? THAT'S ONE HUGE TIP OMFG

H: S is probably my favourite part. It was originally to match the theme of black hole, have the spiral in the middle (Shadow) and having the ball (Hemisphere). Of course I couldn't do the other side of the sphere for obvious reasons. Then I started to think, How will this thing actually work? It seemed like a completely different piece to any other and yet so easy to make.

hhhm, it takes alot of time to think of reality doesn't it? i only recently realised that if i made my saturnian a low bey than it would scrap as bad as trypio, but i think you handled it well, also about crayons yea i didn't use crayons i used anime pens with indian ink, so thats the only reason the colours were so clear.

Yours looked amazing Nwolf though the idea was kinda hard to grasp.

well if you want the idea, it's basically the AR, and 2 bits of metal that are attached to the AR, there is a hole in both of the rings and the whole point is that the rings pivot on there own, but only when hit, otherwise it stays how it was when launched, because it's not so pivoty (wrong word) that it can move about easily, also the point is that if it's hit by a bey smaller than it, it knocks a ring up, therefore on the other side of the bey knocking one down, so that theres less chance of the main AR being hit, its pretty much the same with beys taller than it

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Janstarblast - Sep. 03, 2011

Ah, great work Nwolf and RowDog! Those look great, and also have a good design!
RowDog- Ah, H: S reminds me of the top which gave me some innovations for my designs. Its based on the "Death of a Star" theme, so of course it has a black hole thing there. Grin
Right now, I am finding a good friend/shop who could get my drawing scanned, as my scanner has been malfunctioning from quite sometime.
Sam- Eh! My drawings aren't gonna be that great, so expecting a last minute bang from me, is useless. Tongue_out Grin

I really hope I can come atleast 3rd, i've put alot of time and effort in, even when i haven't felt well (which is pretty much all the time because of my stoumach.)

I also hope that my friends will win aswell, It would be really nice. If not darn, i'll just try harder on something else, and i can always buy it for christmas if i can...

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - alek789 - Sep. 03, 2011

I'm sorry, but when does this competition end?!
xD

read the first post in 11 days

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Ga' - Sep. 03, 2011

Looking at all these drawings, I know I'm going to be losing some major points in the artistry section because of how annoying it is to draw with Paint. (And my laptop's camera flips pictures, that's why I'm not using it). I'm just hoping that I destroy the other 2 aspects of this contest.

hhhm, maybe, but no offence it would have to be really great if you did it in paint, i know how hard it is to use paint

i THINK i should have mine up today.... depending on how lazy i am to get it done. -.- (artists are lazy people.... but we work hard when the time comes). but yeah, i was planning on doing mine in Paint Tool Sai but ever since the black out, i wasn't able to do it on my computer so i had no choice but to hand draw 80% of it and don't feel like redrawing all my work on my computer. but yeah, i'll see if i'm motivated enough... today, i'll lock myself in my room, blast some motivational music, go crazy on my tablet, and if i lose interest on doing it on my computer.... i'll go back to hand drawing it..... -.- wish me luck in the next few hours....

good luck in the next few hours. I hope all of us can win this competition, but only 3 will!

RE: Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style! - Synth - Sep. 03, 2011

5 will. The 3 will recieve the strongest blader set

yeah, but i mainly want the prize, and i think everyone else does too...

nah, i'm doing this for bragging rights. i honestly couldn't care less about the prize (total lie, i want the prize). but yeah, good luck everyone

thanks dude, thank you for saying if you win you'll give me the beys....

(totally lying but he doesn't know)

anyway i'm looking forward to the 14th