World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Should we ban Basalt? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Should we ban Basalt? (/Thread-Should-we-ban-Basalt--38423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - BeyCenter - Aug. 17, 2011

I am staring at those test at disbelief. I am very surprised, this may just change the metagame.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Raigeko13 - Aug. 17, 2011

Ikr? I asked Dan if I could make a thread and post those results in it, but he said he thought that he thought everyone knew about it or something like that. I'll let him open it though if he wants too.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Temporal - Aug. 17, 2011

Or someone comes along with dissenting tests and an argument starts. Frankly, I'm not all that surprised, people have already pointed out (Namely Dan) that Basalt BD145 sucks against the likes of Earth/Scythe Bull. I don't think that is the problem. My issue is that you must use a pure Stamina type to stand a safe chance against Basalt BD145, as attack types can sometimes fail/lead to disaster.

I don't get it, what's the problem with not being able to use attack types against it?
This "counter" to MF-H BBD145CS will make people think that it's not as strong as they thought, and I would think would lead to less SPAMming of it in tournament play. Grin
But yeah, I can make this combo, epic sauce Grin

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Super%Sayian - Aug. 17, 2011

is it possible that earth with bd145 and cs may be able to beat basalt I would make results but I dont have a earth

No. That is a defense combo. This combo is a stamina combo. And that's what I was getting at when I said that BD145 is always one of the first things that comes to mind when it comes to top tier beys usually. :\ BD145 w/ w/o CS isn't always the answer.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Deikailo - Aug. 17, 2011

Obviously, I didn't "break" Basalt, but we did break through its defenses. If you see what I mean, Bakushin took multiple hits to KO. Basalt needed only one, maybe two.

Unfortunately, the battery died before we could get a decent amount of Bakushin in the mix.

YAY! Testing on Bakushin, thanks sooo much Dei! I knew Bakushin had potential :3
Glad to hear that Bakushin did BETTER than people thought.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Kai-V - Aug. 17, 2011

People had a base for this thought though :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Bakushin-Wheel-Testing

I wasn't the one who came up with that combo. That's Flame Aries's doing.

I'm not claiming that Bakushin wasn't already brought up, but we used it as a visual to show the difficulty of KOing each of them.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - KingCobraRJ - Aug. 17, 2011

Considering people pracitcally ignored me on this subject I would like to say that through what people said to me I think these rules shouldn't be changed. I think we have proven that all beys could be defeated. The Basalt wheel in itself has a flaw of its own. The weight of it causes it to be off balance during what I like to call a "wobble off" or aka a very borning stanima battle. I think you may have a point with the parts being used with it but rly if you think about it it doesn't matter cause the bey will still have faital flaws such as weight and height. Plus other wheels and combos have been proven to beat the basalt wheel using other bey combos such as a combo with a higher balance or a beyblade with a higher attack power. I think we rly shouldn't wry about this subject because rly all beys were made to be defeated. But I am worried about the new Phantom Orian 4D bey with the new Burning Core spintrack/tip. This has the greatest balance out of the many other tips that have incredible balance such as EWD, EDS, and WD. Yet we do not know how it will stand up to attack power yet so we'll pass that bridge when we come to it. So basiclly don't ban it. Infact bring the libra wheel back. if it is back already than nevermind.

(Aug. 17, 2011  4:39 AM)KingCobraRJ Wrote: Considering people pracitcally ignored me on this subject I would like to say that through what people said to me I think these rules shouldn't be changed. I think we have proven that all beys could be defeated. The Basalt wheel in itself has a flaw of its own. The weight of it causes it to be off balance during what I like to call a "wobble off" or aka a very borning stanima battle. I think you may have a point with the parts being used with it but rly if you think about it it doesn't matter cause the bey will still have faital flaws such as weight and height. Plus other wheels and combos have been proven to beat the basalt wheel using other bey combos such as a combo with a higher balance or a beyblade with a higher attack power. I think we rly shouldn't wry about this subject because rly all beys were made to be defeated. But I am worried about the new Phantom Orian 4D bey with the new Burning Core spintrack/tip. This has the greatest balance out of the many other tips that have incredible balance such as EWD, EDS, and WD. Yet we do not know how it will stand up to attack power yet so we'll pass that bridge when we come to it. So basiclly don't ban it. Infact bring the libra wheel back. if it is back already than nevermind.
You lost me at "ignored". Can you please use paragraphs?

...The reason we ignored you is because your point has been brought up already, and weight is in fact, a boon for Basalt. Ever heard of MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB? Heavy. As. Hell. Besides, why wait a month and a half to make a decision on something that could make Basalt even more overused? That makes no sense.

EDIT: And what Deikailo said, I guess.

(Aug. 17, 2011  4:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You lost me at "ignored". Can you please use paragraphs?

Basically we have to ignore him anyway because the Libra Wheel is already legal again. That is what the last sentence says anyway.

>Greatest Balance evar
lolderp it hasn't even been released
you don't know wut you're saying mah boi
But, I understand what you mean. B;D has potential to be bi-winning, but alas, we won't know until it's released.

(Aug. 17, 2011  4:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2011  4:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You lost me at "ignored". Can you please use paragraphs?

Basically we have to ignore him anyway because the Libra Wheel is already legal again. That is what the last sentence says anyway.
Oh, thanks for the summary. I have a hard time understanding chunks of text like that because I'm dyslexic.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Tyler Le - Aug. 17, 2011

I am thinking, Basault sometimes overtake the games too much. So I think we should only let Basalt used with some Bottoms and of course, ban it from being used with BD145 and 230. That is easier to KO basalt and slightly increased the usage of good attack types

I did not read most of it either, because I noticed that the last sentence just nullified the whole block of text hah.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - edphoenix - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 17, 2011  4:04 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Well it's good to have the forums opinion on it too, not just the advanced members. Only serious suggestions will most likely be take though.
However, since no one apparently took the time to go read Dan's post here and give a little criticism, I'd like to point out that there may be an easy way to defeat MF-H Basalt BD145CS.

I'm one of the people who didn't read Dan's post, ha ha. I'm liking the results, though. If Earth finds use once again as a stamina wheel and a popular Basalt counter, I might have to change my opinion on the Basalt ban. My major beef with Basalt was that it annihilated the use of many other metal wheels for defense and stamina completely, condensing the metagame to only a handful of effective combos, the majority of the defense and stamina types comprising of itself.

Flame Aries' Bakushin Bull BD145CS combo also looks pretty promising, even though the video didn't show much of it. I'm really hoping it proves to be a viable customization.

Having two to a possible three metal wheels--Basalt, Bakushin, and Jade seeing how it has some potential with RB--for defense instead of just Basalt and three metal wheels for stamina--Basalt, Scythe, and Bull--instead of only Basalt and Scythe is enough to satisfy the diversity I want to see in the metagame.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - @ce - Aug. 17, 2011

taking basalt means taking it from people with it so dont change it only if wbo says so

Dude, that post makes absolutely no sense.
None.
At.
All.
plzlrn2talk
And that's just selfish. "Don't take it away because people won't be able to use it" Hence why certain things in regular law are illegal, no?
Be more like edphoenix, he makes sense in all of his posts. c:

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Flame Aries - Aug. 17, 2011

@ edphoenix Thanks, I would like to some testing on Mercury, but alas I don't have it. Although, like I said before, if anyone else have it and has the time to do testing against Basalt_____ BD145 CS/MB, be sure to PM me the results. I'd LOVE to see the results.

(Aug. 17, 2011  5:46 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Dude, that post makes absolutely no sense.
None.
At.
All.
plzlrn2talk
And that's just selfish. "Don't take it away because people won't be able to use it" Hence why certain things in regular law are illegal, no?

Because he actually reads posts before posting himself. He is a "former lurker", to put it in his words. Obviously, @ce thinks his posts are up to snuff because he didn't read anything before posting.

Frankly, I'm scared to see MF-H Basalt Bull BD145RB. That thing will be nearly immobile.

(Aug. 17, 2011  6:07 AM)Temporal Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2011  5:46 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Dude, that post makes absolutely no sense.
None.
At.
All.
plzlrn2talk

Because he actually reads posts before posting himself. He is a "former lurker", to put it in his words. Obviously, @ce thinks his posts are up to snuff because he didn't read anything before posting.

Frankly, I'm scared to see MF-H Basalt Bull BD145RB. That thing will be nearly immobile.

WHY DID YOU MENTION THAT COMBO
BLARG
If RB is as good at it is it will then replace CS on that combo :c and then people will find a counter to MF-H Earth Bull 100/AD145WD. /sad NU!

Try this: Jade was getting 30-40% with CS on the discussion thread for it. Throw on RB, and suddenly we see 95%. That tell you how good it is?