World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Should we ban Basalt? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Should we ban Basalt? (/Thread-Should-we-ban-Basalt--38423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Spin-Sonic - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:27 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Spin Sonic your notion that everyone should train is rediculous since it's never gonna work.

Well then thy shuld stay out of the conversation and stp trying to make changes to something that they have no intrest in.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Ultra - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:25 PM)chrisfire360 Wrote: at my last tournament my scythe combo crushed basalt 100 wd, and basalt aquario bd145cs so basalt isnt the best stamina wheel. it is good but not the best

Basalt is not good on low heights. Also Basalt BD145Cs is in no way a stamina combo. If your really using that as your evidence for it not being the best then you're clearly a noob.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Pony - Aug. 15, 2011

It will. I practice beyblade every day. I think people can manage maybe a couple times a week. It helps and it will end this argument with people beatong Basalt left and right.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Temporal - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  1:48 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: No....Shadow is right. People should not be so lazy and learn how to use the countrs insted of complaining about not being able to use stamina and defnse to beat it Basalt.

This is one of the most conceited posts ever. Dude, because you can, and some other members can, doesn't make it alright. YOU ARE NOT THE METAGAME. Shadow Scythe is wrong. Counters are not safe for one reason. Stalling Clause. You pick up a counter, and you'll have to hide it, lest you wish to get beaten. Someone notices this, and goes "Oh, look. Another Basalt Counter. How many of THOSE have I beaten today?" And swaps to LLD BD145RF. He goes and wins 2-0. So much for counters, huh?

As for basalt not being the best, Basalt on 100WD isn't the best combo. See the thing on 230, that's a sight. And it can KO Scythe, which doesn't help it's case. Frankly, this thing would have been banned if it worked on CH120RF, hah.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:29 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  3:27 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Spin Sonic your notion that everyone should train is rediculous since it's never gonna work.

Well then thy shuld stay out of the conversation and stp trying to make changes to something that they have no intrest in.

I never said they were in the conversation!! God why can't you understand that! You should stay out of the conversation becauseyou clearly don't realize that your opinion of what should happen will never work!

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:29 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:

Change my last post; THIS is the most conceited post I've seen. He's far more knowledgeable than you, dude. And if you have no interest, then why post?

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:30 PM)storm dranzer Wrote: It will. I practice beyblade every day. I think people can manage maybe a couple times a week. It helps and it will end this argument with people beatong Basalt left and right.

Clearly you don't know what i'm talking about. I meant we'll never be able to make the majority of members train properly.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:30 PM)storm dranzer Wrote: It will. I practice beyblade every day. I think people can manage maybe a couple times a week. It helps and it will end this argument with people beatong Basalt left and right.

Hah, this will never happen. What you're saying is that after training we'll suddenly be getting 100% on Basalt. How about this. Yamislayer had everyone re-test against Libra with old combos to see if we had improved. Nobody really managed much more than 65%, but it's Libra, so... Frankly, training only improves your shot. A well-made Basalt combo normally wins tournaments in spite of people with great launches anyway, so your point is moot.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:35 PM)Temporal Wrote:

Hah, this will never happen. What you're saying is that after training we'll suddenly be getting 100% on Basalt. How about this. Yamislayer had everyone re-test against Libra with old combos to see if we had improved. Nobody really managed much more than 65%, but it's Libra, so... Frankly, training only improves your shot. A well-made Basalt combo normally wins tournaments in spite of people with great launches anyway, so your point is moot.

I'm saying that if you put some effort into customization and you train, you can throw Basalt out or, in hasbro's ways, throw the opponent off balance and attack.

But who'd train excessively to play BEYBLADE? We all have lives outside of the WBO, y'know. Frankly, Basalt is always off-balance, but that's just another weapon, and one reason why it is used on 230 and TH170. Why do you defend a wheel that obliterated a whole type? Destabilizers are useless thanks to Basalt and it's wobbling. So many wheels are outclassed, WHICH IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN SAYING, that the game isn't really as open and fun. Of course, most people simply want to continue using their Basalts, so of course they don't want it banned, right? Right.

EDIT: Point kinda taken. Reworded a bit.

A lot of bladers train Serious you can't get good without practicing.

Not training 24/7. You can practice, yes, but you can't practice enough that an amazing part becomes run-of-the-mill. The issue is that Basalt is too easy to win with. That's why you see so many people who are inexperienced using it. AND STILL WINNING.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Kai-V - Aug. 15, 2011

And you have never gone to a tournament, storm dranzer ...

In general, this is not an issue because some of us manage to actually put ourselves properly in the situation and understand, but for some of you, you have no comprehension of a tournament atmosphere. Apparently, storm dranzer, you would win every match ?

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Deikailo - Aug. 15, 2011

Why not just mend the rules to what Takara-Tomy has done? 2 points for a KO instead of 1 point. Since it IS possible to KO Basalt on something like a 230, TH170, or even BD145, it will shy people away from trying to outspin their opponent instead of just knocking them out.

Basalt is more geared toward OSing instead of KOing.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:46 PM)Temporal Wrote: Not training 24/7. You can practice, yes, but you can't practice enough that an amazing part becomes run-of-the-mill. The issue is that Basalt is too easy to win with. That's why you see so many people who are inexperienced using it. AND STILL WINNING.

But have we not discussed this? Experienced bladers know to use attack type against those inexperienced ones who use basalt. Inexperienced bladers who don't know this already learn from the ones who have been playing beyblade longer.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Bleik - Aug. 15, 2011

Get over it you sore losers. Basalt is a great part. There are counters for a reason.

I also agree with Deikailo.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - lord Wolfblade - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:16 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Thts no excuse. Until this year, i hve never had TT parts, all hasbro and have been practicing on playground slides and the ocasional hasbro stadium. In fact, my whole team, especially Bluezee has practiced on them even though we collectively own 3 TT attak stadiums. I have plyed since beyblade was relesed. I never had an issue with beating top-tiers and DEFINITLY not Basalt.

and what exactly has launching on slides done?

if started as a new beyblade with no skill and then praticed on slides, it would not give you any skill in a attack stadium, same with using a hasbro stadium, it will not give you the skill for attack

you guys collectively own 3 TT attack, well that means you practice in them from time to time right? that is where you get most of your skill

another thing i posted a while back

(Aug. 14, 2011  6:04 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: really in this lazy society, people would rather win the easy way (using basalt/defence/stamina. you just launch). then work (practice launching) and then hope there hard work pays off (for using attack)

though you may pratice and pratice you may get a self KO from time to time, and that one self KO

as it seems that very few have read this whole thread (the OP) so they don't understand why basalt is being banned

Quote:To me, it simply doesn't make sense that we should allow a Metal Wheel that is undeniably the absolute best in two categories–Defense and Stamina (not to mention it's use in "anti-meta" Attack)–to exist in competitive play. Think about everything that it makes obsolete (or near obsolete): Virgo, Libra, Earth, Burn, Flame, and Scythe.

I think the final straw was the release of Scythe, a completely circular disc, and even it cannot best Basalt in a straight up Stamina battle (okay, the jury is still sort of out on whether Scythe is actually better than Basalt ... but overall, I think Basalt gives you a much better chance to win in more situations). This has nothing to do with Scythe being bad, it has everything to do with Basalt being overpowered. Basalt is an completely circular cylinder that is what, at least six, seven grams heavier than any other Metal Wheel in existence? Is this good for the game?
Quote:It's not unbeatable, but it allows for zero deviation in two of the three major types of Beyblades.
it is not being banned because it is unbeatable, it is being banned because it has made stamina and defence types simply, basalt types

people unless you have read the OP you do not know the real reason why it is being banned, right now people are thinking because people think it is unbeatable. but that is not the reason.

The counters don't work when no one uses attack though! Basalt is an overpowered part. Personally I think that anyone that doesn't go to tourneys should get out

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - MakaCHOP! - Aug. 15, 2011

Basalt...I can see everyone's reasoning and stuff why not to ban it, but I did a few tests and won 83% of the time. I used my combo Basalt Horogium 145DS. I can very much see where other people are saying ban it. I voted for do not change the rules. But I think if we can limit basalts parts that can be used in combos it
might help.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:53 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: Get over it you sore losers. Basalt is a great part. There are counters for a reason.

I also agree with Deikailo.

This is a terrible post. Please, learn about the damn part before saying this. Counters are nearly impossible to use without an immaculate shot, and who would go through all that trouble, when you can simply get Basalt and a Rev-Up Launcher? The lazy way is the prevalent way, my ignorant friend.

And yes, Deikailo proposes a good point.

On another note, I still point out that most people who don't want Basalt banned are being selfish. They like winning with Basalt, so why would they want it banned? They are simply not thinking of the metagame at all.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - ElevatorMadness - Aug. 15, 2011

This has probably been said millions of times but, if Basalt got banned it would mean more variety in customs and a more open Metagame. Besides, I don't own Basalt yet so I can't say for certain whether or not it should be banned. I also don't own Kerbecs and Unicorno so the whole combo is out for the moment.

Thank you. We need to think of more than ourselves, as hard as that seems for many of you, and start thinking about the metagame, and Basalt's effect on that. Which, by the way, has been negative. When a part beats out VIRGO for Stamina, something is wrong. I can do many other similar comparisons to what's been made useless.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - killerkerbecs10 - Aug. 15, 2011

no way jose i tink that banning asalt stupid and if you do ban it then we will delete our pages Tired

...This post alone says it all. Basalt must be banned. And judging by the context of what you said, I don't think you "tinked" at all.

I don't have basalt yet, but I have faced and lost against it. Maybe that was because I used my Earth Eagle ED145WD. Uncertain I suppose that I could just use the one I'm getting today with my friends.........but can it not be banned for longer than 6 months or so?