World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Should we ban Basalt? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Should we ban Basalt? (/Thread-Should-we-ban-Basalt--38423)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Bleik - Aug. 15, 2011

I've had one before and I sold it for that reason...

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Ultra - Aug. 15, 2011

Shadow scythe in case you hadn't noticed those combos are basically all attack types which no ones uses in tourneys... And for the most part it's the best for stamina and defence so it wipes away all competition so there is no variation. I think you should take your own advice and think before you post something.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Spin-Sonic - Aug. 15, 2011

No....Shadow is right. People should not be so lazy and learn how to use the countrs insted of complaining about not being able to use stamina and defnse to beat it Basalt.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - ControL_ - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  1:44 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Shadow scythe in case you hadn't noticed those combos are basically all attack types which no ones uses in tourneys... And for the most part it's the best for stamina and defence so it wipes away all competition so there is no variation. I think you should take your own advice and think before you post something.

Your not the one to post that seeing as you haven't been to any recent tournaments.
They are in fact very popular combinations that are flooding the UK metagame recently.

(Aug. 15, 2011  1:48 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: No....Shadow is right. People should not be so lazy and learn how to use the countrs insted of complaining about not being able to use stamina and defnse to beat it Basalt.

Yes but has that ever worked so far? No of course not because people don't want to or can't practise properly with Attack combos. Also there are very few proper counters for stamina and defence. Also that isn't the only point. We want more variation in the metagame. Basalt is preventing this due to it's dominance in both Stamina and Defence.

(Aug. 15, 2011  2:04 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  1:48 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: No....Shadow is right. People should not be so lazy and learn how to use the countrs insted of complaining about not being able to use stamina and defnse to beat it Basalt.

Yes but has that ever worked so far? No of course not because people don't want to or can't practise properly with Attack combos. Also there are very few proper counters for stamina and defence. Also that isn't the only point. We want more variation in the metagame. Basalt is preventing this due to it's dominance in both Stamina and Defence.

Then thats their issue. They shouldnt try nd force people to try and ban Basalt because they lack the ablity to do something about this "issue". There are sooooo many counters to stamina nd defense. People neeed to stp wanting this variation and NEED to stp being so sloppy and lazy with practicing and making excuses for what they lack: SKILL.

That's not gonna happen though. Most members here play for fun. They have no interest in practising and most probably don't have an attack stadium and so they can't practise with attack types. Banning Basalt is a much better option cause it will work. You can't force people to use attack types. It just won't work.

(Aug. 15, 2011  2:28 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: That's not gonna happen though. Most members here play for fun. They have no interest in practising and most probably don't have an attack stadium and so they can't practise with attack types. Banning Basalt is a much better option cause it will work. You can't force people to use attack types. It just won't work.

Well if they are only playing for fun, they shuld not try to contribute to a competitive discussion. The lack of interest and skil is no excuse. For those who are plying comptitive, they should either survive, adapt, or get fed to the opponent on a platter or quit.

I didn't say those were the ones which were contributing to the threads. I mean those are the ones that go to the tourneys. What you're saying is rediculous. You may have forgotten this but beyblade is a kids game. Kids who want to have fun are not gonna practise properly. They're just gonna play for fun.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Pony - Aug. 15, 2011

I agree. People who aren't interested in competitive styles of beyblade shouldn't post on this, which has no effect outside of the WBO tournaments. We should not ban basalt because it can be beaten by a strong attack type or even Defense. I can confirm this because I have seen a basalt beyblade be beaten.

(Aug. 15, 2011  2:34 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I didn't say those were the ones which were contributing to the threads. I mean those are the ones that go to the tourneys. What you're saying is rediculous. You may have forgotten this but beyblade is a kids game. Kids who want to have fun are not gonna practise properly. They're just gonna play for fun.

There should cme a time when it isnt so fun anymre to get kicked around by bettr players. I mean come on. Evn in the show, which most of the kids are watching, it encourages practice. Even toysrus sell dvds now that has a guide on how to practice and get better. There is no excuse..Basalt is fine. The players have the issue.

Yeah but members who aren't interested in competitive styles of beyblade still go to tournaments not using attack types and therefore affect the tournament metagame whether people like it or not.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Pony - Aug. 15, 2011

Look: Takara Tomy will make beyblades to counter Basalt and this problem will all be solved. Right now though we just work on our shooting technique and customize to beat it. That easy.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - gokurox - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  2:48 PM)storm dranzer Wrote: Look: Takara Tomy will make beyblades to counter Basalt and this problem will all be solved. Right now though we just work on our shooting technique and customize to beat it. That easy.

We can't predict the future. We don't know when TT will release beyblades to counter Basalt, but the problem is happening right now. We can't wait until they release something new, and the problem is that people are relying on Basalt to win tournaments, instead of working on new customizations.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - lord Wolfblade - Aug. 15, 2011

(Aug. 15, 2011  1:23 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: People really need to think about this. I just gave you a list of counters. Use them for mothercarpin' sake. Stop complaining about Basalt making the game boring and its so hard to beat. Use the damn counters! That's why we have them.
I dont have a Basalt so I understand you people.

... i did use one of those counters, i lost

really all of those are attack types *words already said by blah*...

(Aug. 15, 2011  1:48 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: No....Shadow is right. People should not be so lazy and learn how to use the countrs
well then (this is the fifth time i have post this)
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:41 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
Quote:many people didn't/don't have a takara attack stadium to practice attack types correctly

if there stadium doesn't allow them to increase their skill then they wont...

many people, do not have the means to get a attack stadium you know
if they don't get any skill, then they can't use the counters, so they take the easy win
Those who say that basalt shouldn't be banned and people should just learn to use counters (AKA attack), stop saying that. it has been said already numerous times and it is getting very annoying. please, read the whole thread/most of it before posting

really, this thread should be closed now

Is it simply annoying because it is true? Just becuse you used a counter and lost dosnt mean it doesnt work. It means you lack what it took to win: Skill.
(Aug. 15, 2011  2:42 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Yeah but members who aren't interested in competitive styles of beyblade still go to tournaments not using attack types and therefore affect the tournament metagame whether people like it or not.

Then they shld stay in the free play. A tourney is for Competing.

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - lord Wolfblade - Aug. 15, 2011

Quote:Is it simply annoying because it is true? Just becuse you used a counter and lost dosnt mean it doesnt work. It means you lack what it took to win: Skill.

yeah, and thats because i haven't gotten the proper stadium to train myself correctly with until recently Serious

many people only have access to hasbro parts and stadiums, because of this they can not improve there skill because using attack in hasbro stadium is much different to using a attack stadium.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:06 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: Then they shld stay in the free play. A tourney is for Competing.

why can't people have fun in a competitive environment just because of that?

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Chrisfire360 - Aug. 15, 2011

look everyone is saying basalt should be banned because not many beyblades can counter it. however Shadow Scythe just gave you a great list of countering beyblades. even if people cant use the attack types well then learn how to use them its not hard

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:10 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
Quote:Is it simply annoying because it is true? Just becuse you used a counter and lost dosnt mean it doesnt work. It means you lack what it took to win: Skill.

yeah, and thats because i haven't gotten the proper stadium to train myself correctly with until recently Serious

many people only have access to hasbro parts and stadiums, because of this they can not improve there skill.

Thts no excuse. Until this year, i hve never had TT parts, all hasbro and have been practicing on playground slides and the ocasional hasbro stadium. In fact, my whole team, especially Bluezee has practiced on them even though we collectively own 3 TT attak stadiums. I have plyed since beyblade was relesed. I never had an issue with beating top-tiers and DEFINITLY not Basalt.
(Aug. 15, 2011  3:13 PM)chrisfire360 Wrote: look everyone is saying basalt should be banned because not many beyblades can counter it. however Shadow Scythe just gave you a great list of countering beyblades. even if people cant use the attack types well then learn how to use them its not hard

Perfect point! If anyone wuld know this, you would. I saw your progress at the tournament. Basalt doesnt bother yu.

Perfect point! If anyone wuld know this, you would. I saw your progress at the tournament.
[/quote] thanks

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - geminikid13 - Aug. 15, 2011

I'm still not sure, as I have never battled a basalt combo, but I do know this: having two seperate metagames will be nearly impossible to maintain. like, we would need to have two top tier combo lists, one for in general, and one for BM (before maximum) also, the hasbro stadium combo testing would need to have new threads for IG and BM (in general)

RE: Should we ban Basalt? - Temporal - Aug. 15, 2011

That is you. Most who actually follow the metagame disagree. On "Leave the rules the same", you see some important names like Bluezee, which can kinda validate the argument. But you also see names of members who aren't the best posters, and DEFINITELY have no idea what's going on in the metagame, like darkblader2010. On the other hand, while it has fewer votes, most votes for "Ban Basalt" are well-established posters who can see what the metagame has become. It is a similar situation to Libra, but slightly worse. Libra was banned BEFORE it became "Beat Libra or lose", but the metagame already is "Beat Basalt. Otherwise, Basalt will win another tournament." Those who have no issue with this, good for you, you're not thinking of the metagame, you're thinking of yourself. Honestly, yeah, Basalt can be KOed. On some less-conventional wheels, it normally is. The issue is, we shouldn't have to spend all of this time on counters for an insanely overpowered part that is easily the best Balance/Combination (Yeah, I'm dragging up plastics) ever, including 10bbistool, which cannot hold a candle to Basalt.

at my last tournament my scythe combo crushed basalt 100 wd, and basalt aquario bd145cs so basalt isnt the best stamina wheel. it is good but not the best

Spin Sonic your notion that everyone should train is rediculous since it's never gonna work.

(Aug. 15, 2011  3:27 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Spin Sonic your notion that everyone should train is rediculous since it's never gonna work.
are you kidding me??!!! how do you think people get good at beyblade they train