World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gackt Signature - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Gackt Signature (/Thread-Gackt-Signature)

Gackt Signature - Kei - Nov. 21, 2007

Lol, I was trying to figure something out on Photoshop and eventually I just started making a signature and this came up xD
[Image: gacktthingrotateddwi9.png]

Any comments/suggestions?

RE: Gackt Signature - Bey Brad - Nov. 21, 2007

Green is not a very Gackt colour.

RE: Gackt Signature - Kei - Nov. 21, 2007

I think it looks good, maybe I could have picked a better colour scheme though. I honestly just picked a random colour for what I was trying to figure out (was using this picture of Gackt) because I knew I needed one and when I did figure it out I didn't change it.

RE: Gackt Signature - Nic - Nov. 21, 2007

Apply a hue/sat layer or colour balance or gradient map or plain old sheet of colour with blending option and see what you can work with.

Edit: yeah, the colour scheme you're using is really easy to recolour.

RE: Gackt Signature - Kei - Nov. 21, 2007

I'll see what I can do tomorrow and I'll post if I get anything save worthy.

RE: Gackt Signature - mdhvdukshsj - Nov. 21, 2007

so thats what that thing was

RE: Gackt Signature - Kei - Nov. 22, 2007

Played around with some of the things Nic suggested, this is what I've got:
[Image: gacktthingrotatedver2it4.png]

Still has some green in it, but not as dark as you can see. Comments/suggestions?

RE: Gackt Signature - Roan - Nov. 22, 2007

It's better, but I still don't really care for the shade of green you used.

I think a different color altogether is in order, to be entirely honest. As Brad said, Green is not a very Gackt color. lol

Any suggestions? Lol, I can't seem to think of a good one.

Try a light blue. Not too light though. If you get to sky blue, you've gone too far. lol

RE: Gackt Signature - Nic - Nov. 22, 2007

If, say, this wasn't a "Gackt" sig, rather, it was just a sig using a photo of an artiste, would the colour matter so much?

RE: Gackt Signature - Bey Brad - Nov. 22, 2007

Composer of Requiems Wrote:If, say, this wasn't a "Gackt" sig, rather, it was just a sig using a photo of an artiste, would the colour matter so much?

It wouldn't, but it's a Gackt sig, so I don't see your point.

Well I'm just saying that the green overlay he has on Gackt matters because it makes him look weird.

Kei's revision is a bit better because you can sort of make out his skin tone, but I think it's still too much green. It makes Gackt look like a martian or something.

I think the whole thing is just weird to be honest.

Tamer Brad Wrote:I think the whole thing is just weird to be honest.

I agree, honestly.

I think this piece would be better without Gackt's presence as a standalone abstract piece. The background looks interesting enough to warrant the space.

Why not try that Kei?

RE: Gackt Signature - Nic - Nov. 22, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:If, say, this wasn't a "Gackt" sig, rather, it was just a sig using a photo of an artiste, would the colour matter so much?

Hmm I'm trying to look at this as just a piece of art, without any external influences.

Roan Wrote:Well I'm just saying that the green overlay he has on Gackt matters because it makes him look weird.

Kei's revision is a bit better because you can sort of make out his skin tone, but I think it's still too much green. It makes Gackt look like a martian or something.
It's sort of difficult to take off a green overlay when that is the color of the image I was using. When I mentioned I was trying to figure something out, I was trying out this little tutorial since I was bored. Doing that tutorial makes it difficult for skin tones to show up.

Roan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I think the whole thing is just weird to be honest.

I agree, honestly.

I think this piece would be better without Gackt's presence as a standalone abstract piece. The background looks interesting enough to warrant the space.

Why not try that Kei?
Thats a thought, I'll play around with it some more and see what happens.

Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Hmm I'm trying to look at this as just a piece of art, without any external influences.
Honestly, I don't think it looks that bad right now, even if it isn't a very Gackt colour like Brad and Roan said.

Well I don't think it looks bad by any means.

Also, if you want to keep Gackt, maybe you could try darkening the shade of green you're using to a deeper forest-green. Of course, that might make it too dark for Gackt to stand out, but at the moment the only thing I don't like about this piece is the shade of green you're using.

I'm just throwing out some ideas. Smile

It just looks weird ...

That font is weird ... the background is weird ... even the picture of Gackt you chose is weird.