World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced! (/Thread-Graphics-Tournament-Grand-Finalist-and-3rd-and-4th-Play-Off-Finalist-Announced)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Temporal - Jul. 24, 2011

Thank you. This "Bladestar" person is getting on a lot of people's nerves, and even then, didn't know the actual meaning of the word "abstract". Regardless, nice themes. I'd enter, but I suck with graphics.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - NoodooSoup - Jul. 24, 2011

I personally don't mind his/her criticism. He/she is an experienced GFX maker, and even though they are a little harsh, it is helping. I'd take his/her advice with pride; you can't expect everybody to like your work.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Bladeworld - Jul. 25, 2011

(Jul. 24, 2011  11:23 PM)Temporal Wrote: Thank you. This "Bladestar" person is getting on a lot of people's nerves, and even then, didn't know the actual meaning of the word "abstract". Regardless, nice themes. I'd enter, but I suck with graphics.

lol.
Abstract pieces have a theme. Abstract does not mean random
And i have personally created a couple of abstract vector tags so i know what abstract means. lol

And actually i am the only one that gives some real good cnc that's going to help the authors.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 25, 2011

The last remaining Round 2 battles have all been posted Grin

Since Izuma has left the Tournament, I have been lucky enough to find a replacement for him almost immediately. Can we all please welcome blah to the Tournament! blah will resume all of Izuma's remaining battles including his Round 3 battle against SDamonCronous.

At the moment I'm waiting on Round 3 entries from:

Hope - Given an extension until the 24th of July. I have allowed 1 more day from the goodness of my heart. If I don't receive his entry by tomorrow his opponent will win by default.
AtomicFang - Given an extension until the 29th of July, going away. If not submitted by the due date his opponent will win by default.
Hakumen - Given until the end of today, otherwise his opponent will win by default.
blah - Only joined the Tournament, entry due on the 29th of July.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Xlr8 - Jul. 25, 2011

well if hope doesn't send his entry still our thread will going to get posted or not?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Electric - Jul. 25, 2011

Fyuuor, do you mind if I make the thread and receive the entries for the Round 5 battle between you and Resistance, when the time comes ?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 26, 2011

That's cool Joyful_3

Just a quick note for everybody, I've updated the Group Tables in the OP with the current data available.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 29, 2011

Just to let everybody know I've changed the method of the voting system in how it's recorded in the Group Tables. Votes are recorded as normal from battles, however instead of using the total votes I will be using the percentage of the total votes received in each battle. I've decided to change the format to make it more fair for those persons who don't receive a large amount of votes in their battles. Thank you Kai - V for this suggestion.

Check out the tables in OP and you'll get an understanding of how the percentages work.

I've also got some news regarding Group C, AtomicFang has forfeited his remaining battles which were against BeybladerPotter, Fyuuor and DeX. I will be awarding automatic victories for these participants in the Rounds in which they were scheduled to face AtomicFang.

Round 5 Fixtures/Themes

Group A
Jacksonian VS NoodooSoup - Batman
Hope VS Greimatter - Fear
Xlr8 BYE

Group B
Xyo Vs Callum6939 - Aquatic
Omega Vs BeyBladestation - Doomsday (The End of The World)
Hakumen BYE

Group C
Electric Vs BeybladerPotter – Good Vs Evil
Resistance Vs Fyuuor – Wolverine
DeX BYE

Group D
otthelog Vs Soul_ - Tekken
RAW Vs blah – Full Metal Alchemist
SDamonCronous BYE

[b]*Round 5 entries due August the 6th by 12:00AM/0000 HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time*[/b]

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Synth - Jul. 29, 2011

so, what those a bye do? just sit and wait?

oh, and our you gonna post today the entries?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - BeybladerPotter - Jul. 29, 2011

Good + Evil? Do you mean involving two characters and one is good and one is evil?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Blitz Unicorno - Jul. 29, 2011

A bye means that you are not participating in that round, meaning you have a break.
EDIT: Fyuuor, in Group D's last battle, you wrote 'Full Metal Alchamest', it is acutally 'Full Metal Alchemist'. And you wrote blahi, it should be blah lol.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Synth - Jul. 29, 2011

YES!! break time Smile

so, I have one last question: cause Atomic fang dropped out, it means I will not battle with anyone?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 29, 2011

(Jul. 29, 2011  10:12 AM)DeX Wrote: so, what those a bye do? just sit and wait?

oh, and our you gonna post today the entries?

Unfortunately since AtomicFang withdrew for the Tournament a Bye is now enforced. You will receive an automatic win, though you won't be battling anyone.

I'll be posting the threads tomorrow Joyful_3

(Jul. 29, 2011  10:33 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Good + Evil? Do you mean involving two characters and one is good and one is evil?

Yep, that's correct Joyful_3

It can be from a movie, anime or a game. Basically any format where a Good Vs Evil theme is a major theme.

(Jul. 29, 2011  10:40 AM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: A bye means that you are not participating in that round, meaning you have a break.
EDIT: Fyuuor, in Group D's last battle, you wrote 'Full Metal Alchamest', it is acutally 'Full Metal Alchemist'. And you wrote blahi, it should be blah lol.

Thanks, all fixed Joyful_3

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - S.D.C - Jul. 29, 2011

Urrggh, Street Fighter. I've nearly finished it, I'll PM it to you soon

how about this: the people that are Bye can still play, against the other groups though

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Blitz Unicorno - Jul. 29, 2011

But then shouldn't it rather be a Round Robin?
You should participate in other graphics battles in this forum.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 3 Voting/Round 4 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 29, 2011

Sorry, but no.

You're more then welcomed to challenge and compete in as many battles outside of the Tournament, but unfortunately I will not be organizing supplementary matches for the participants who are experiencing Byes.

Just a reminder that there are 2 hours and 45 min until all Round 4 entries are due. If I have not received an entry by the time the deadline has elapsed I will be applying voting penalties to those participants.

I will NOT be sending reminders to individual participants. You signed up to this Tournament and made a commitment, it's your responsibility to make sure your on time with your entries.

*EDIT*

Thanks Ray Unicorno, you said exactly what I intended to say, lol.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 30, 2011

The following members listed have not sent me a Round 4 entry, voting penalties will apply.

Jacksonian
Hakumen
SDamonCronous
RAW

These participants will receive a 1 vote penalty. If I don't receive their entries in another 14 hours and 30 mins, I will apply another voting penalty. For each consecutive day an entry is late I will apply 2 vote penalties to a participant. If an entry is more then 4 days late, a participant will automatically forfeit the Round.

DeX

Please remember while you are not battling in Round 5, you will receive an automatic victory since AtomicFang forfeited.

The same rules apply for AtomicFang's Round 3 opponent BeybladerPotter and his Round 4 opponent Fyuuor.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - NoodooSoup - Jul. 30, 2011

I thought was getting a voting penalty as well...?

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Fyuuor - Jul. 30, 2011

Sorry, I should have said I haven't received these participants entries yet.

But, yes. The penalty still applies.

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Hope - Jul. 30, 2011

How come the first page battle stuff(wins/losses) hasn't been updated for me?

I'm not sure, it's working for me Uncertain

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Hope - Jul. 30, 2011

I mean it's working but it's not updated(I've won one.)

RE: Graphics Tournament: Round 4 Voting/Round 5 Fixtures Released - Callum6939 - Jul. 30, 2011

Fyuuor just wondering how are the points calculated?

(Jul. 30, 2011  12:53 AM)Hope Wrote: I mean it's working but it's not updated(I've won one.)

You have two active battles at the moment. Your battle against Jacksonian will be finalized tomorrow, while your battle against Xlr8 will be finalized on the 1st of August. I can't update the standings with active battles, your current points standings are correct.

(Jul. 30, 2011  12:55 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: Fyuuor just wondering how are the points calculated?

Do you mean the vote percentages?

The vote percentages are calculated by the amount of votes you receive in a single battle and are divided by the total of votes received during a match. I then calculate the percentages for each battle you have participated. The scores which are recorded are then added together and divided by the number of battles you have fought in order to find out the average. I don't include Byes or forfeits in the calculations.

For example. You have participated in 3 battles. In the first battle you receive 15/20 of the total votes (this means your opponent received 5 votes), the second battle you receive 8/24 and for the third battle you receive 17/26 of the total amount of votes.

First Round - 15/20 = 75.00%
Second Round - 8/24 = 33.33%
Third Round - 17/26 = 65.38%

Total = 173.71 (Divide this by the number of battles fought, in this case 3)
Vote Percentage = 57.90%

This method is fairer then simply keeping track of the amount of votes a participant receives. Some battles can receive a total of 30 - 40 votes, while others receive 15 - 20. It simply levels out the playing field a bit more. Think of it as an extension of the anonymous entry submission we have already instilled in the Tournament, since some persons attract more votes due to their profile.