World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! (/Thread-FACE-CONTEST-Design-a-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Khel - Mar. 31, 2009

Wow; I though Brad asked for an explanation not an essay! Tongue_out

That is seriously an awesome design. People are really upping their game!

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - NAP - Mar. 31, 2009

(Mar. 31, 2009  6:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So I can finally conclude that a "-" lengthens vowels and a small "tsu", consonnants ? I had been wondering.

Yes for the "-". But the small "tsu" doesn't really lengthen a constanant, but stresses/hardens the sound. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Kai-V - Mar. 31, 2009

(Mar. 31, 2009  6:52 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Yes for the "-". But the small "tsu" doesn't really lengthen a constanant, but stresses/hardens the sound. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
I suppose I do. Why does the "mid" need to be stressed ?

I'm not sure, I guess it's just how it's written. If you translate the word "pyramid" to Japanese you'll see.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Kai-V - Mar. 31, 2009

(Mar. 31, 2009  7:13 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I'm not sure, I guess it's just how it's written. If you translate the word "pyramid" to Japanese you'll see.
I will try to make sense of that, plus the fact that dead also takes a "tsu", yet blade, as far as I know, only takes a "-".

By the way, this was probably already known, but pegasis' Face directly comes from his favourite soccer team's logo.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Rocky - Mar. 31, 2009

I thought 'tsu' doubled constanants? Like in 'beddo'.

Anyways, that's a great design. I always wondered what those 'handles' were for but I must confess, I never actually came to any real conclusion. A clip for other support parts makes a lot more sense. XD And I love Kai-Vs slopey writing. :3

Oh and Minions design is epic. XD

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Khel - Mar. 31, 2009

(Mar. 15, 2009  8:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: the wbo committee

Old post I know, but I just put two and two together (not had my coffee today XD). I get to judge? Kick-carp.

*Perfect excuse for being lazy and not making the time to come up with a decent design

(Mar. 31, 2009  7:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, this was probably already known, but pegasis' Face directly comes from his favourite soccer team's logo.

Wow, I didn't know that. His soccer pride poured into his beyblade. Joyful_2

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Werkbau - Mar. 31, 2009

I present you... My one-hour work! (duh)

FANG 105RM

I choose Snake horoscope simply because it's my other, chinese horoscope. designed with balance in mind, Fang has circular body with its 'fang' slopes downward for upper attack and some smash just after that. The body has more protuding scales actually and I can't make it out how to draw it now (its 3 am here).

The RM bottom has a cylinder, semi hard or hard rubber that cover the metal-change tip esque in the center. basically let itself have more endurance while retaining speed.

dunno if that going to work or not

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/DIs_astranagant/DSC01236.jpg
Wheel: Fang
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/DIs_astranagant/DSC01234.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/DIs_astranagant/DSC01235.jpg

Track: 105
Bottom Rubber Metal (duhx2)
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/DIs_astranagant/DSC01237.jpg
type: balance.

@ Kai-V
awesome, eveything was given a deep thought! Grin

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Bey Brad - Mar. 31, 2009

Very nice entry Werkbau.

Werbaku, I like your bottom's idea. Grin

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Bey Brad - Mar. 31, 2009

(Mar. 31, 2009  10:34 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Werbaku, I like your bottom's idea. Grin

it is a good one. i think about a million of us have been waiting for them actually make it haha

that's the tip the design i've been throwing around had as well

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Aikemi - Mar. 31, 2009

Ugggghhh ive been overloaded w/ homework. Imma try and finish it after im done with my homework XD . I only have a cruddy old 1.2 mp camera so you better put your reading glasses on.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Nuno - Mar. 31, 2009

Nice designs Kay-V and Wekbau. That bottom is a great idea! Grin

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Aikemi - Mar. 31, 2009

And yea really like Kai-Vs! How long did it take?

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Pich - Mar. 31, 2009

Damn, Kai-V. Will read through that post later. The design looks awesome, though. That is a pretty good way of adding a SP-type part to the track. I like it.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Kai-V - Apr. 01, 2009

(Mar. 31, 2009  10:58 PM)Hero Wrote: And yea really like Kai-Vs! How long did it take?
Some hours, I do not know. I had no school anyway, and there was Dir en grey.

Writing the explanation was not long.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - TheUnkownGod - Apr. 01, 2009

SKULL 105 RHF (Rubber Hole Flat)

Face
Wheel
105 Track (SKULL)
RHF Bottom
Whole Beyblade (Side)
Random Extra

Face

The Face was a hard thing to think of. First of all, the Face determines the design and influence on the rest of the blade. With this blade, I was actually originally going to make it be called 'COBRA,' and about 3 hours in I decided that SKULL was much more original. The Face is Dark Crimson with a Skull influenced by the cartoony drawing style of AQUARIO.

Wheel

The Wheel of SKULL weighs 38 grams in all. It's a complex Wheel with a slight upper attack. As you can see, the wheel has a very unique design. My Focus was to make the wheel as evil looking I suppose as the original theme being a skull. The Attack Ring is large and powerful, yet ver stylish with the crimson stickers, black metal, and some grey metal in the mix.

EDIT 2: The Wheel DOES NOT come apart. My Apologies, this is just with the middle invisible so you can see the thickness of the blade better from a different perspective.[b/]

[b]Track

The Track is simple but unique like the wheel. The colors contain the same scheme (Crimson and Black), and the wheel has a large circle around it similar to LEONE'S, but much wider making it able to make contact with other blades. The Track is 10.5 millimeters tall, making it a low track.

Bottom

The Bottom of this MFB is called Rubber Hole Flat. It's exactly like the Hole Flat that comes with Black Pegasis in the Attack/Balance Reshuffle Pack, however the tip is Rubber. This tip has great potential for all attack Beyblades.

OVERALL

SKULL 105 RHF is an aggresive attack blade. The blade is stylish yet contains some useful parts, such as the RHF bottom. The Blade is sold with a Rip Cord Launcher as a starter for 12.99 in USD.

Hope you guys like the Blade Grin

~TUG

EDIT: Oh, and it took me 3 days and over 5 hours to finish.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Bey Brad - Apr. 01, 2009

I don't understand how the Wheel comes apart like that.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Khel - Apr. 01, 2009

(Apr. 01, 2009  1:26 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: SKULL 105 RHF (Rubber Hole Flat)

Nice Design, but wouldn't the wheel snap apart in battle. Last I checked Metal tops flying apart at high speeds did not fall under the category of safe.

Edit: Brad kinda beat me to the punch.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - FOOF! - Apr. 01, 2009

i can't enter my camera and scanner is broke which reall sucks but heres what i was going to do:
blaze corvus a125 fs2
cpc: corvus: pretty much an orange pegasus but a little diffrent
metal wheel: blaze: remember that prototype wheel which was never released people thought it was mad cancer? picture that as a metal wheel
track: attack 125: d with some spikes
bottom: flat sharp 2: rf with a small metal tip sticking out of it
my original was angel 105 f

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Khel - Apr. 01, 2009

(Apr. 01, 2009  2:02 AM)blader9 Wrote: i can't enter my camera and scanner is broke which reall sucks but heres what i was going to do:
blaze corvus a125 fs2
cpc: corvus: pretty much an orange pegasus but a little diffrent
metal wheel: blaze: remember that prototype wheel which was never released people thought it was mad cancer? picture that as a metal wheel
track: attack 125: d with some spikes
bottom: flat sharp 2: rf with a small metal tip sticking out of it
my original was angel 105 f

I don't think this will help you much; it's hard to judge something you can't see.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Grey - Apr. 01, 2009

Wow...really don't know how mine's going to stand against Kai-V's, or Werkbau's...

Here's mine, the Luring Demon145HF.
Face: Luring Demon Metal Face
Explanation:
"The demon is in shadow, but is luring the prey in. It waits for it's chance to strike."

Wheel: Luring Demon
"The opponent is lured in before the demon strikes!!"

Description for the Wheel:
This Wheel is designed for a mix of both Upper Attack and Smash. The wings' slopes carry the opponent upward and into the metal dome (which is solid and fixed). The impact smashes the opponent up and away from the Luring Demon, making Knockouts more likely.

About Metal Ball:
The Metal Ball at the top of the slope is solid metal, and is fixed (it does not roll). In conjunction with the upper attack slope, the ball is used to create a great knockout effect than Smash or Upper Attack alone.

About Upper-attack Wing:
The extended end of the wing is designed to catch the opponent easier than the traditional upper-attack wing. The very end of the extension is ever-so-slightly curved upward, so that opponents don't simply glance off.

About rounded-edged Wing:
The inward-moving piece following the wing as a small slope-like border. This is designed to pull the opponent into the main upper-attack wing.
[I realize now that this doesn't achieve the effect that I wrote. After writing it, I realized it would not work, so the rounded edge is there only so the opponent is not propelled so far away upon impact.]

Track: 145
"Make yourself totally vulnerable with this painfully high Track!"

Bottom: HF Hole Flat
"The Flat tip provides speed and power! The hole in the bottom provides stamina!"

Overall (My apologies with the poor quality)

Notes
This Beyblade is based off of an old idea of mine (though I am sure I wasn't the first to think of it). I voiced the idea back when Brad made a thread about Beyblade parts that we wanted to see created with the new generation of Beyblades.

The name of the Beyblade came from the style of attack. Upper Attack has always reminded me of a trap: Once an opponent is caught in the wing, it is forced to be thrown upwards. While this isn't always the case, this is how I imagine Upper Attack when I think of it. This idea also was the reason I made the demon head on the Wheel with the jaw facing at the slope.

This is designed as another Limited Edition Beyblade from the first series (to counter Quetzalcoatl), though I must say, after looking at the finished product, it turned out a lot like a HMS Beyblade. So, I guess I can thank that system as inspiration, though, this is still a Metal Fight Beyblade.

I originally wanted to give it a lower Track and a regular Face, but I figured I should think like Takara and even out the usefulness of parts. So, I made the Track incredibly high to counter the Wheel's usefulness (another way it parallels Quetzalcoatl, which has a Force Smash Wheel on a low Track). I also decided last-minute, "What the heck? I'll make the Face a Metal one." And that was that.

So! That's my submission! I started working on it in the second week of March. The only reason the picture of the Beyblade Overall is sloppy is because the original drawing of it was terrible, and I totally forgot that I needed to redraw it. Besides that, I started first with the Wheel on the second weekend of this month.

Thanks for reading!

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Bey Brad - Apr. 01, 2009

Not bad ... a bit disappointing there's only one original part.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade! - Grey - Apr. 01, 2009

(Apr. 01, 2009  4:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not bad ... a bit disappointing there's only one original part.

Yeah, that's another thing I realized as I was scanning this...I was originally planning on making an all-new Track that was more defensive, but I think I originally decided against it because I figured Takara would just re-use an old part.

Too late now, unfortunately.