World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! (/Thread-MF-Meteo-LDrago-CH120XF)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2011

Link's borked.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Bluezee - Jun. 29, 2011

I got it covered. Here is the new link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OboGPBygM

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Dan - Jun. 29, 2011

forgot an M lol. Thanks. awaiting <3's critique.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Mr. N - Jun. 29, 2011

I think I'm getting good at this!

MF Meteo L-Drago D125XF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
Meteo L-Drago Launched Very Very Soft
Meteo L-Drago Win Rate - 100% (20OS)
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 0% (nothing...)

I might make a video of this or something.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Dan - Jun. 29, 2011

You should.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2011

Umm, was it stated what combo's were used in the vid?

Good vid, though I already know it KO's stuff. Dat rubber be bouncy.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Bluezee - Jun. 29, 2011

Oh sorry..didnt mention the combos.
rock cancer 125sf
hkbd145wd
and fang c145rf

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Serotonin - Jul. 01, 2011

MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF vs MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB
Standard Conditions
MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF wins: 16 (14 OS, 2 KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MB wins: 2 (2 KO)
6 Draws
MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF win percentage: 80%

This really impressed despite my initial ... scepticism - although I always took it along to tournaments, I never felt I could rely on it that much because of how easy I found it to KO with some other customisations. However, once you get the hang of this, it is an easy way to defeat most Basalt BD145-based customisations.

A concern of mine is the amount of draws, but as long as you're not losing, I guess it's fine.

I imagine however, just from a few rounds, that Gravity in Left Spin will give this thing a huge problem though, and I'd like to test some more to see whether this is true.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - th!nk - Jul. 01, 2011

Yeah, this is why I love it. You get less draws with a mint XF (you can be skeptical about it, but I've seen it with my own eyes).

Also, Gravity BD145 is a known counter: MLD only manages 10% against it (CS has more stamina than XF).

(Jul. 01, 2011  2:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, this is why I love it. You get less draws with a mint XF (you can be skeptical about it, but I've seen it with my own eyes).

Also, Gravity BD145 is a known counter: MLD only manages 10% against it (CS has more stamina than XF).

Exactly - I know that Dan doesn't particularly like mentioning of specific metagames (which, I don't see the problem with anyway ...), but in the UK metagame, most people will be packing a Gravity variant. I've mentioned this before as well; the ability to change spin direction between rounds is incredible - the moment they see they're facing a L Drago variant, they switch to Left Spin, and you've pretty much lost the battle. I realise that this argument can pretty much be extended to any other single Spin Direction Beyblade/Wheel, but it's more significant for this because most of its power is derived from its Spin Direction.

Incidentally, I'm still not really able to KO that well with this, although I suspect that's because I've been launching it quite weakly to avoid self KOs, haha.

Also, my XF is pretty mint - this is the first customisation I've used it on. Speechless

I must agree, metagame must be taken into account (though, obviously, if your metagame sucks for it, you don't need to use it). Plus, Gravity seems to be doing very well in recent tourneys, due to the exact conditions you've described. Dual spin is an amazing boon to have, and this is why I'm pretty excited for Vari Ares.
Back to Gravity, it has the further advantage of the three different CW's, Perseus ATK is AMAZING, and I guess Stamina's recoil reduction can be handy Tongue_out So yeah, with it's popularity, and the fact many carry counters, I'd think you would have to be careful to keep this as more of a surprise than spam it everywhere.

That said, this was made for a basalt-populated metagame. That's still quite popular in some places, so yeah, it's not unreliable in those cases.

I don't go for that many KO's with this, often for the reasons you've described, and because usually I don't need to. I can usually get them when it's needed though, but I'm not sure how reliable that'll be in a tourney, at least with my tendency to nervousness.

Fair enough about XF then. I guess, as you've said, as long as you're still drawing instead of losing, it's no problem. (and unlike with many combo's, an opponent with higher launch power usually doesn't usually cause huge issues, as you equalise it out very fast anyway).

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Bluezee - Jul. 01, 2011

Specific metagames are irrelevant because of the one major word that is in this sentence. Specific. The fact that it only designates one metagame that may be lacking what it takes to get rid of certain combos that everyone else has. Prime example, Basalt 230 issue. Every metagame everywhere abused that so much it was ridiculous. In fact, most of them were having issues even beating it. On the East Coast though, we rarely used it seeing as how it was so flawed and easy to beat if you put enough thought into a combo that kills it. It became so bad everywhere to the point that almost every tournament video or the results consisted of people using the same combo and constant mirror matches. That is why combos like this and MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF (I think it is stupid that we can't use names) came about.

Gravity has its superior advantage of being able to spin in both directions and that is understandable. However, it lacks one thing: Stamina. Meteo has much more stamina than Gravity and it very well could be the best left spin stamina wheel to date. Also, it provides much better protection against left spinners due to the rubber it has on it. Gravity also can not KO as well as Meteo can at low spin rates due to the fact that it must be at a relatively high spin rate to work efficiently. Meteo on the other hand can easily KO with its rubber at 10-20%. Experienced users know exactly what I mean. Gravity has its perks but Meteo can still handle it.

Lastly, th!nk, I would not go as far as saying that CS has more stamina than XF. The combo I am about to release within the next hour goes against that theory and defies it quite easily. I would say that the weight being moved around with the speed of XF increases the stamina of XF. An example would be something along the lines of MF-H Basalt TH170XF. I am sure you know what I mean. I would word it better but I am preparing for a team practice session so I dont have time.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Hov - Jul. 01, 2011

When you say East Coast, you mean NJ and NYC. MD is wayy different than yours. So dont assume that the whole east coast is "mirror" images. Plus MD is filled with Basalt230WD etc tetc and HellKerbexBD145WDs and some Basalt+RS combos. So stop acting like you know it all, unless you see it for yourself.

He was talking about it in the past, ® (though I've never really followed many metagames, so I've got no idea if MD was ever like that), and I didn't assume he was talking about any metagame other than those he was directly involved in. You're taking it a bit too seriously man, it's just a minor thing, and I hardly think he was making a assumption of your metagame, or implying he knew all about it. You guys read WAY too much into his posts...

Bluezee: In those specific combo's, the CS combo has significantly more stamina than the XF one, I should have clarified it better, I'll admit, but yeah. And, I'm not sure about meteo vs gravity stamina wise, but considering MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145CS outspins it reliably, it's not really fair to say MLD has better stamina, at least in the context of this thread.

MLD does have good defensive ability (though sometimes, it's own rubber bounces it around, in the non-barrage mode (assault IIRC)), and yes, better than gravity, but gravity's dual spin means it IS more versatile, and BD145 offers sufficient protection to allow it to be used successfully. Don't just take it from me though, check the "winning combo's" thread Tongue_out

But yes, the combo XF is used on has a great effect, and you're completely correct about Basalt, it does give flat bottoms extra stamina, as their flatness reduces wobbling, and instead the staircase increases the "flywheel effect" (I forget the correct term), arguably moreso than it does on sharper tips. Whether that means XF has more stamina than CS is debateable, but yeah, I meant it within the context of those two combo's Tongue_out

And re: specific metagames, I don't think that was at me was it? Because I basically said the same thing Tongue_out

I think we're well within our rights to talk about specific metagames - the competitive customisations thread is based on an aggregation of all our regional metagames, and there isn't a single metagame which revolves around all the customisations there which we use as benchmarks to test new ones against. Essentially, the thread over there details the overall, theoretical WBO metagame, which arguably doesn't exist in practice, and as a result, we can only use examples from our own metagames. Although it's a dated example, Libra CH120RF theoretically dominated the metagame at one point, but was invariably unsuccessful in Brad's regional Vancouver metagame.

No, th!nk, I agree wtih ® - although Bluezee has purportedly seen videos of so many other metagames, he is being too presumptuous about other metagames.

Regardless, the point is a moot one since we're gradually seeing an emergence of Gravity BD145 customisations on WBO, which parallels their dominance in my specific metagame, which makes my point valid.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Bluezee - Jul. 01, 2011

As th!nk said, you guys read too much into things. I was specifically talking about NJ and NYC. You should make it your business to find out what I was talking about rather than assuming because it is ignorant. Also, I am not being presumptuous when there is clear evidence that what I stated was in fact correct. Your point is valid in YOUR metagame. It is like you are using your metagame as a general consensus for all metagames when they are all different. My statement was different because I have seen these things occuring in multiple places through the videos and people telling me first hand.

Thank you for clearing all of that up th!nk.

I really don't think that's what he meant to say, but I'm sure he'll clarify. I really think everyone jumps to conclusions based on "his ego" far too quickly.
EDIT: See?

But yeah, I agree that talking about regional metagames is fair, but a little bit moot, as this combo (as with almost any) is obviously only going to be suitable for certain metagames, and there's no implication that this is "an ultimate combo that cannot lose anywhere". It was made for a basalt-dominated metagame, and did it's job there excellently. Now, it's not as relevant in numerous metagames, any popular combo will be countered eventually, but until the combo's it beats disappear from use, it's still going to be relevant to someone.

Also, ♥, people are still complaining about Basalt 230/BD145 dominating their metagames. So until those are a moot point, this combo probably won't be either.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Dan - Jul. 01, 2011

This went all over the place, I don't hate regional metagame discussions but Azlan was out of line..
♥ what mode was it in? Shoot it lightly like in the video since there is much less chance of KO's from Basalt.

(Jul. 01, 2011  3:56 PM)Bluezee Wrote: As th!nk said, you guys read too much into things. I was specifically talking about NJ and NYC. You should make it your business to find out what I was talking about rather than assuming because it is ignorant. Also, I am not being presumptuous when there is clear evidence that what I stated was in fact correct. Your point is valid in YOUR metagame. It is like you are using your metagame as a general consensus for all metagames when they are all different. My statement was different because I have seen these things occuring in multiple places through the videos and people telling me first hand.

Come on, " ... Every metagame everywhere abused that so much it was ridiculous. In fact, most of them were having issues even beating it ... " is making assumptions about other metagames; I'm not attacking you for it like ® is, and while he was aggressive about it, he's making a good point.

I think I should clarify - my metagame features Gravity BD145 - and, although that is making a point about my metagame, which might I add, I made no assumptions about other metagames based on it since I clearly added the "UK metgame", I think this no longer matters given that such variants exist on the forum, which is the global, WBO metagame you guys insist on referring to.

(Jul. 01, 2011  3:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: But yeah, I agree that talking about regional metagames is fair, but a little bit moot, as this combo (as with almost any) is obviously only going to be suitable for certain metagames, and there's no implication that this is "an ultimate combo that cannot lose anywhere". It was made for a basalt-dominated metagame, and did it's job there excellently. Now, it's not as relevant in numerous metagames, any popular combo will be countered eventually, but until the combo's it beats disappear from use, it's still going to be relevant to someone.

Also, ♥, people are still complaining about Basalt 230/BD145 dominating their metagames. So until those are a moot point, this combo probably won't be either.

I never said that this will become irrelevant. I raised a legitimate concern over this customisation's weakness; this doesn't remotely imply that I was challenging the invincibility of this. Like I said earlier in this post, my comment was addressing the fact that discussion about regional metagames being moot, since Gravity BD145 is gradually being introduced into the global metagame, which is what we're aiming to be talking about, allegedly.

(Jul. 01, 2011  4:21 PM)Dan Wrote: ♥ what mode was it in? Shoot it lightly like in the video since there is much less chance of KO's from Basalt.

Yeah, that's the way I've been launching throughout. MB is pretty quick sometimes, just one of those things. I never expected perfect results, and 80% is pretty solid anyway.

Not to sound hyper-critical based on my previous posts about Gravity I guess, so I'll add that this is a really solid option against all Right Spin customisations, absolutely. CH120 only adds to its versatility.

(Jul. 01, 2011  3:56 PM)Bluezee Wrote: As th!nk said, you guys read too much into things. I was specifically talking about NJ and NYC. You should make it your business to find out what I was talking about rather than assuming because it is ignorant. Also, I am not being presumptuous when there is clear evidence that what I stated was in fact correct. Your point is valid in YOUR metagame. It is like you are using your metagame as a general consensus for all metagames when they are all different. My statement was different because I have seen these things occuring in multiple places through the videos and people telling me first hand.

Then you should've put NYC and NJ instead of East Coast. Then I would've understand. And plus "vidoes"? Not much evidence. IMO. Vids usually show finals and cut out the real part; the whole tourney. NYC/NJ and MD we're sort of the opposite. Tyvm

thank you ♥ for understanding my point

He made a simple god damn mistake, get the carp over it.

@<3 Fair enough Smile

You seem to make a big deal out of it then. I am over it. tyvm. Also at ♥ what mode was MLD in?

I'm simply trying to avoid an argument that is completely unnecessary. Pull your head in.

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - Rogue Blader - Jul. 07, 2011

Love this thread cuz after i got my URS meteo ldrago style thats all ive been using and could i use 125 as an alternative to CH120? another reason i love this is cuz i only only use ldrago got 2 lightning nd three meteo Smile

RE: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF! - th!nk - Jul. 07, 2011

125-height is okay, but means you lose a lot of the versatility. Dark Cancer can be found really cheap, so just get Cancer (lol)