World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) (/Thread-pokemon-wi-fi-black-and-white-league-now-recruting-gym-leaders-and-elite-4)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - th!nk - Apr. 11, 2011

Because those legends balance other pokemon (sometimes, they are the only counters to certain pokemon), and numerous competitive players use them on their teams and won't bother training a new pokemon just for this league?
The difference, then, is why ban something that doesn't need to be banned?

Okay, I see the swift swim thing, but the main point is about certain "legendaries" like the useful Virizion, or hell, like Articuno, which is simply not competitively viable. Or the Latii's. They're the only truly viable checks to a few other dragon pokemon IIRC, but not so overpowered any more (hell, my latios gets KO'd most of the time I use it), as standard wifi rules prevent Soul Dew, plus it's not available (other than through hacking, obviously). Given the strength of various new pokemon, Latios doesn't last too long, and latias is outshone in many aspects.

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Nile - Apr. 11, 2011

just got my first badge!! the dragon gym one !!!

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Light Yagami - Apr. 11, 2011

cuz of that dang dw garchomp

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Nile - Apr. 11, 2011

yeah yeah.... it is alright so first badge now what do i do

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Idek - Apr. 11, 2011

The league already started!?!?HOLY carp!I got to battle some leaders,now!

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Boxy ID - Apr. 11, 2011

Can someone trade me a water stone? PM me to take offers.

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Terra Blazer - Apr. 11, 2011

(Apr. 11, 2011  3:45 AM)Nile Wrote: yeah yeah.... it is alright so first badge now what do i do

just challenge any other leaders that are ready for a challenger

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Light Yagami - Apr. 11, 2011

no the league as not started so yeah and i can give you a water stone

what>>? oh ill have to beat you again and now you know my whole team and its moves oh.....

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Terra Blazer - Apr. 11, 2011

(Apr. 11, 2011  3:46 AM)darkangelkaieru Wrote: no the league as not started so yeah and i can give you a water stone

then Nile can't have your badge yet. no challengers can until all the leaders are ready

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - omegazero - Apr. 11, 2011

the league is not started no bage for you.you will get the bage when the league starts and you win

yeah plus the fact that my team is not ready and they are not ev trained but they will be soon

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Idek - Apr. 11, 2011

What does each badge look like?Could they be like faces in our sig?

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - omegazero - Apr. 11, 2011

my prob gym team
milotic(im pretty sure everyone who battled my milotic agrees)
hydreigon(i know darkangel wants this one)
alakazam(currently training)
chansey(need that skitty with heal bell)
electivire(a mad power house knowing multiple moves)
braivary(even more of a power house with extremly high attack)
what do you think any recomadations

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Boxy ID - Apr. 11, 2011

My badge(when i was gym leader):
[_]

pretty awesome team and looks like it going to take me forever to beat this team just cuz of hydregion and milotic

i was going to do a star system have a challengers name in the op and they pm me when they beat a leader and i would add a star representing a gym
(Apr. 11, 2011  3:57 AM)darkangelkaieru Wrote: pretty awesome team and looks like it going to take me forever to beat this team just cuz of hydregion and milotic

thanks itl take some trime but i got the pokemon except chansy cause i need a male skitty with heal bell.any one else what do you think.

(Apr. 11, 2011  3:54 AM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: my prob gym team
milotic(im pretty sure everyone who battled my milotic agrees)
hydreigon(i know darkangel wants this one)
alakazam(currently training)
chansey(need that skitty with heal bell)
electivire(a mad power house knowing multiple moves)
braivary(even more of a power house with extremly high attack)
what do you think any recomadations
we share comon like electivire.

that sounds like a good idea xack

so can i be a gym or even champion if i beat all of you

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Pikachu0909 - Apr. 11, 2011

(Apr. 11, 2011  4:00 AM)Nile Wrote: so can i be a gym or even champion if i beat all of you

champion if you beat us all.

gym no. champion yes

okay prepare to be BEATEN!!!
no one will beat me well maybe once but i will blow you all away isn't that right darkangel with rough skin!!

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - Pikachu0909 - Apr. 11, 2011

(Apr. 11, 2011  4:04 AM)Nile Wrote: okay prepare to be BEATEN!!!
no one will beat me well maybe once but i will blow you all away isn't that right darkangel with rough skin!!

I can handle rough skin easy. Meet my avatar.

RE: pokemon wi-fi black and white league(now recruting gym leaders and elite 4) - th!nk - Apr. 11, 2011

Back to my issue with the "no legendaries" thing?
Top of page 31, I explained why it's important to include some of those pokemon (i.e. balancing other pokemon). At the very least just use the nintendo wifi banlist (600BST Event Pokemon plus >600BST Legends are banned). Not sure if they ban Cresselia or not, but yeah.
Otherwise, there'll be an imbalance and if someone who's smart enough, and not lazy like me comes along, they'll abuse that to beat everyone.

Oh, wow, just noticed Blaziken was banned by Smogon. H-uh. I'm definitely not advocating that it should be banned here at all, though, it might be a beast, but I think it's an overreaction from smogon to ban it straight up. I'm getting the feeling that smogon misses Gen IV Stall and is trying to get rid of everything that prevents that right now. I could be wrong, but eh. I mean, it is an EXTREMELY powerful pokemon, but I've yet to fit one on a team. EDIT: Ah, I now see why they classed it Uber (and it does well there). Mang, thing is a beast. Gotta work one onto a team some time. Not advocating we ban it, but yeah, dayum.

I'm going to suggest WiFi banlist + DrizzleSS, OHKO and Evasion Clause. (With Evasion Clause Exceptions allowed if noted by leaders, and OHKO as long as they aren't using Lock on as well, if noted by leaders).

It's a matter of being professional, really. Why ban something that Doesn't Need To Be Banned, but only makes the metagame FAIRER?

And yeah, that Rough Skin Chomp looks a bit less intimidating in light of Draco Meteor Latios, does it not?