World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
How many Languages do you know? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How many Languages do you know? (/Thread-How-many-Languages-do-you-know)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: How many Languages do you know? - â’·oxedIngot - Sep. 18, 2012

English(US),French,Punjabi, Hind,Deutsch,German

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Fantomu - Sep. 18, 2012

Well, I can speak fluent Mandarin, English and Malay (Useless when I get out of my country lol). Currently learning Japanese and Korean though, by myself. Smile

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Alice - Sep. 19, 2012

Ich spreche Deutsch... aber nür ein bißchen!

I'd love to practice talking with somebody as I rarely get the chance! Send me a PM to add me on FaceBook or whatever and you can help me with my terrible German, haha.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Duck - Sep. 19, 2012

I can speak English (US) of course! I can also speak a little bit of Japanese, a little bit of Latin, and fluent Duck.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Tri - Sep. 19, 2012

English (Oviuswly!!!) and I know at least one word in many other Languages.

"!Yo como tortugas y pingüinos!"

^^Figure out what that means and get a PMed Internet high-five!

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Ga' - Sep. 19, 2012

No one wants to know if you eat turtles and penguins, that's just weird...I'm also pretty sure knowing one or two words in several languages doesn't really count as 'knowing' them.

I know English, Spanish (learning in school, but I have a large enough vocabulary to say that I know the language) and can understand Tamil (spoken usually, don't bother PMing me in Tamil or transliterated words). I also have a working knowledge of Japanese and Hindi, along with basic knowledge of French and Italian thanks to the Latin roots that those two languages share with Spanish along with some traditional expressions.

So yeah, that's pretty much it for me. I want to travel the world someday, so hopefully I can pick up a few others and improve on what I already know.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Tri - Sep. 19, 2012

I "like", not "eat"!

Anyways, I actually do kinda know some French considering my cousin took it when she was a Sophmore.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Kai-V - Sep. 19, 2012

You do not know Spanish at all : comer means "to eat", and "como" is either the first-person-singular-in-the-present version of it, or the adverb 'like', which would mean 'as'. The only way to make sense of what you wrote without the sentence having impossible syntax is that you eat turtles and penguins ...

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Ga' - Sep. 19, 2012

...Como means 'I eat'.
'Me gusta' (I like) would have been better for that situation, you can't use the non-questioning form of 'comó' as a verb because it means something else entirely and has the exact same spelling as the conjugation for the yo form of comer, which means 'to eat'.

Anyway, in your case your cousin would be teaching you French I presume? Otherwise obviously it doesn't count as knowing.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Insane - Dec. 08, 2012

1 which is English

RE: How many Languages do you know? - HDSK - Dec. 08, 2012

1......... English
2 if I can count the language me and my brother made up?

RE: How many Languages do you know? - BeybladePants11 - Dec. 08, 2012

Only 2 languages I know are English and Spanish.Planning to learn Asian languages,French,Italian,Swedish,and Russian

RE: How many Languages do you know? - omi007 - Dec. 17, 2012

I know 3 languages!!
English, hindi n marathiGrin

1 strange thing about India is languages differ every 20km distance. . . Language does not change completly but difference is noticable!!

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Luck - Dec. 17, 2012

I know 2-3:
English (Fluent) Finnish (Fluent) German (Not quite fluent , but I know a fair bit XD)

RE: How many Languages do you know? - jamie - Dec. 17, 2012

the only Language i know is English but i will be learning how to speak Japanese and then after i master Japanese i will learn mandarin and Cantonese and Vietnamese and Korean and Taiwanese and Tagalog

RE: How many Languages do you know? - ~Thunder~ - Dec. 17, 2012

i know 2 launguages english and spanish

RE: How many Languages do you know? - mandar05 - Dec. 18, 2012

(Dec. 17, 2012  9:11 PM)omi007 Wrote: I know 3 languages!!
English, hindi n marathiGrin

1 strange thing about India is languages differ every 20km distance. . . Language does not change completly but difference is noticable!!

Even i know these 3 languages and what u said about Indian languages is true!

RE: How many Languages do you know? - wtater888 - Dec. 18, 2012

Ok so I guess this counts as 2.5. I am learning Spanish in school, French from my mom and Latin from my dad. And of course I know English as I am posting in that language.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - ashton pinto - Dec. 20, 2012

the only languages that i know and understand are english,hindi()my national launguage and marathi(my state language).....

RE: How many Languages do you know? - bumpyfelon - Dec. 21, 2012

I can speak...

English
Some Spanish. learning it in school. I know enough to get by.
Some Japanese. A few songs here and there, a few phrases. Not much.
Some Latin. A few songs, can understand it if i read it and sound it out long enough.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Seanister - Jan. 01, 2013

I know English, Hindi, Marathi and can understand a little Sanskrit, Punjabi and Konkani

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Raykon - Jan. 06, 2013

English is the only language I can actually speak fluently. I use to be pretty good at French when I learnt it at school, but because after that I never kept practising it, I've forgotten almost everything about it.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Thunder Dome - Jan. 10, 2013

Mainly English. I do know a few (Between 2-6) of a few other languages though.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - Byerg - Jan. 10, 2013

1 3/4 Cute
My natural language is English, and I took Spanish I in Middle School, and I'm in the process of finishing Spanish II this semester.

RE: How many Languages do you know? - X-Tai - Jan. 10, 2013

I know English, Spanish, uhm and thats it I guess.....