World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Relic - Oct. 06, 2011

I used Blitz only in the Semi-Finals v/s Bladingpspirit5.
I used MF-M Blitz Unicorno CH120RF, while he was using MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MF.

The Final was close though.I was 2-0 to Electric at one stage, but Basalt knocked LLD out in the 3rd round and i ended up self KO'ing my self in the fourth round....even though i won the last round by KO'ing his Basalt.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Oct. 09, 2011

After this tournament I really want Basalt banned !!

1st MF Basalt Bull BD145CS
2nd Basalt Aquario UW145EWD (Told you guys EWD on basalt rocks)
3rd MF-H Phantom Kerbecs BGrin

Just about every single person used basalt at least once and it is overpowered as it beats Scythe and Phantom so yeah I want it gone.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Electric - Oct. 09, 2011

(Oct. 06, 2011  6:10 AM)RustyXD Wrote: I am surprised that Lightning L Drago T125RF defeated Basalt Kerbecs 230CS , very strange for me epically.
Just out of curiosity Relic why didn't use use Blitz for the second tournament?

Well, I mentioned it in a post, you can see why here.

I really want Basalt banned too, I realized in the finals that Relic is going to use attack types, he just had to, so I went ahead and used Basalt. But then again, there is no way out with Relic, Attack vs. Attack, his launch is really strong and I've seen people commit this mistake against Relic, and lose, so I didn't go for this option. Attack vs. Defense made more sense both times.

I will post almost every combo used ASAP.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Relic - Oct. 09, 2011

Rusty, were there no Attack combos used? The winning combo there (MF Basalt Bull BD145CS) is what Electric also used in "Its Raining Ripcords and Launchers".Except, he was using Aquario instead of Bull.
Sad to see Basalt dominating the Meta there.

About the Basalt banning thing, well...various reasons have been stated on why it should be banned and why it shouldn't too. I seriously don't know which one to go with. All i can say is the use of Defense combos will harshly reduce if it gets banned. Anyway,i don't want this thread turning into a "Should we ban Basalt" thing.I will stop here because from what i have seen, "Should we ban Basalt" arguments are never ending.

There was some attack against 1st , 2nd place beat me twice 1stly against Scythe BD145EDS and Second in a mirror match although I used MF-H.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Oct. 09, 2011

(Oct. 09, 2011  7:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: After this tournament I really want Basalt banned !!

1st MF Basalt Bull BD145CS
2nd Basalt Aquario UW145EWD (Told you guys EWD on basalt rocks)
3rd MF-H Phantom Kerbecs BGrin

Just about every single person used basalt at least once and it is overpowered as it beats Scythe and Phantom so yeah I want it gone.

Well, that's quite true. Basalt! Basalt! Basalt! But, its sad to see no attack combo managed to place.
I guess the one who placed third shouldn't have used MF-H... I think it might have wrecked Phantom's Stamina.
Also, I think the Basalt+EWD combo was used by LeeDraciel in one of Blitz's Bey Days Tourney. Hence its known, I guess. I dunno if you were involved in some debate about that matter, which forced you to repeat that statement(Basalt+EWD rocks!). LOL! Tongue_out

Nah the guy who used the combo made it randomly on his way to the tournament. Phantom lost due to KO's , so it does have a problem there.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Oct. 09, 2011

(Oct. 09, 2011  11:37 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Nah the guy who used the combo made it randomly on his way to the tournament. Phantom lost due to KO's , so it does have a problem there.

Oh, in that case I believe it would have been worse without MF-H. This is SO confusing!!
That seems weird to me. Considering the standard type match-up, Stamina beats Defense! Considering B: D is one of the best Stamina parts ever, it should be weird if it lost so easily!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Oct. 10, 2011

Blader Jam 2.0
1st MF H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS
2nd Burn Virgo LW105WD
3rd MF-H Scythe Aquario BD145 CS

Our local meta is mainly defense and stamina. Basalt was the main thing used. The people who were using attack types didnt know how to use them properly. We had a few vari aries, Beat, LLD, and Blitz around. This was a 20 person tournament. The total number of attack types was around 4 or 5 people.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Oct. 10, 2011

It's quite strange to see that Burn WD placed second. I would have thought that it would have been knocked around the stadium against CS variants.

It just goes to show that anything can happen in beyblades. hah.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Oct. 10, 2011

I completely agree with Uwik. Smile
Um, I want to know who was this daredevil who used a Burn Combo in today's meta.
I have to say, he/she is extremely skilled!
Other than that, its nothing new in seeing Basalt up there. Hmph!

RE: Winning Combinations. - Relic - Oct. 10, 2011

Its WD vs CS here.
Obviously the WD combo will have the upper hand even though Scythe is heaps better than Burn.
Another thing is BD145 isn't too great for Stamina because of its weight and the way it scrapes the floor. I assume BD145 was scraping the floor regularly, while i could even be wrong about this.
If I'm actually wrong, then the person who was using that combo is indeed a skilled Blader !

Well, CS vs. WD. Result- CS always has an upper hand. Smile
BD145 along with EDS is quite good, you know. Its a Defense combo, and if used with Hell, its a Balance combo. Smile
Yes, Scythe + BD145 + CS might look weird to you, but looking at the combo, it is clearly indicated that the person was using Scythe for Defense. Smile Also, CS is quite tall I guess and hence it won't allow BD145 to scrape.
Hence, BD145 was never actually used for Stamina purposes, but for Defense!
Hence, that theory is not really correct. Smile

If your saying it was used for Defense then doesn't Stamina beat Defense ?
But yeah, I'm no one to speak since I do not own Scythe.

Anyways, Apparently that skilled Blader is "Bey M@ster".
And thanks for clearing it up Jan Wink

The meta nowadays is not as clear cut as attack > stamina > defense. There's always a combination of few types in a combo.

You do need a little weight for a stamina type to work. Lighter is not always better for stamina.

BD145 CS does not scrape. It doesn't really take a skilled blader to utilize this. On the contrary, if it does happen to scrape regularly, then the blader should learn the basic straight shot launch.

(Oct. 10, 2011  12:37 PM)Uwik Wrote: .

You do need a little weight for a stamina type to work. Lighter is not always better for stamina.
I do understand that a certain amount of weight is needed for Stamina types. But even too much weight is not good. BD145 is too heavy to be utilized for Stamina combos.

(Oct. 10, 2011  12:37 PM)Uwik Wrote: BD145 CS does not scrape. It doesn't really take a skilled blader to utilize this. On the contrary, if it does happen to scrape regularly, then the blader should learn the basic straight shot launch.

From what i have seen, BD145CS DOES scrape the floor when it gets hit hard unless it is in Boost Mode which can only be used with Hell Kerbecs. But well, the Combo he used there is not a Hard Hitter / Attacker...so that leaves us with another speculation....Hmm, as you said, maybe the guy who was using Scythe BD145CS was not doing a straight shot?

Well anyway, I must stop speculating, we are getting way out of topic. Let this thread remain to its intended purpose.

I was not implying anything from that particular tournament. I was just explaining in general.

BD145 CS does not scrape when straight shot, tornado stall. However, with heavy banking, it might scrape a little for a split second before initial contacts. Definitely not enough to warrant an stereotype that BD145 CS scrapes.

I am sorry, but I'll push this just a little further so that this gets cleared.
Weight focused at the center is not good for Stamina. BD145 is proved to be good for Stamina only in Boost Mode.
And, BD145 was not used for Stamina in this case! It was all Defense there! Scythe is a Top Tier Defense wheel too, if you remember. Smile
Also, BD145 will scrape the floor. Actually any bey can scrape if hit hard. So, that's no reason to draw conclusions that BD145 scrapes with CS. Smile

EDIT- OK, beaten by Uwik! Smile But we both give out different points, so you might like to read....

RE: Winning Combinations. - Primal - Oct. 10, 2011

Here are the winning combinations from Georgia Bey Bash:

1st- Ferocious (Variares BD145LRF, Left-spin)
2nd- Matthew 711 (Earth Horogium 100WD)
3rd- Vulcan Blaze (MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145DS, Vulcan Horuseus T125F)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Oct. 10, 2011

What? Vulcan on an F? How well did that work?

RE: Winning Combinations. - Primal - Oct. 10, 2011

(Oct. 10, 2011  1:35 PM)Deikailo Wrote: What? Vulcan on an F? How well did that work?

Surprisingly, it got a KO on Earth Horogium, but not enough to win the battle. Most of the combos there were stock beys (I saw a lot of Flame Libras) or just horrible combos. :\

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dark_Mousy - Oct. 10, 2011

I was surprised at a lot of the things i saw at my tournament i saw MF H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB get Ko'd by the scythe combo that placed. I believe i got it on video also.

RE: Winning Combinations. - S.D.C - Oct. 13, 2011

Here are the results for the 'Put Perth on the Map!' tourney held in Perth about a month back Confused

1st: BigBangPegasus_____RF (Don't know for sure the track and tip)
2nd: MeteoLDragoED145WD (That combo stole all of our likeness for spin stealer's by completely p****** us off)
3rd: ScytheAquario85CS / EarthBullA145WD (That Bull one most my matches, Scythe just helped vs attack types)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Oct. 13, 2011

Was Basalt even present in Perth?

And wow, BBP? Whoever won with that deserves a metal.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Angry Face - Oct. 22, 2011

^ To the whole discussion about MF-H Scythe BD145CS above, I was mainly using it throughout the tourney as my default. Since the tournament was Block Round Robin, I never faced BeyM@ster (who was in the second block), and there was a three way tie in the first block. Really, the combo beat every MF-H Basalt BD145CS/MB I came across, and even KO'd one in the finals. But yeah, this combo really does not require very much skill other than a strong, level launch and is quite easy to KO.