World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Ga' - Dec. 30, 2011

I would love to see a Horuseus face actually.

Black on gold <3

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Dec. 30, 2011

That's actually a great idea, I think people are beginning to tire of Cancer, Aquila, Bull and Wolf now anyway. It just comes down to rendering all those teeny, tiny little images, though I'm glad to see Kai-V is up for at least one of them Tongue_out

Though, a Beat face would certainly be interesting, I'm more interested in the actual face of beat lynx, with it's leopard (or lynx)-print border and all. Don't let me down! Tongue_out Horuseus is still one of my favourite faces, too.

Shame my desire to see a coconut crab in person and your great response was lost, it still is something I must do. I don't think I will ever believe they actually exist and move until I see one doing so.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Dec. 30, 2011

The leopard print border would just be too extravagant, I think, for this particular resolution. Doable, but it'd look really cluttered when scaled down.

I'm telling you, they're terrifyingly huge. The way they move, though, is pretty typical of that subspecies.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Dec. 30, 2011

Horuseus and Lynx are some of my favorite Face designs; I'd love to see them rendered. Smile

Also, about retiring Boosters, I'm not totally in favor of that. I understand that it'll clear the way for other new Faces, but there are some pretty nice-looking Faces that very few people here have. Which Boosters would be retired; just Red, Blue, etc.?

Well my idea is that the oldest ones would be cycled through, like the old Donation boosters.

There are more than enough of the faces from them floating around for trades and such, and for the rarer ones, it will only make having them that much more valuable, while new rare faces are made available.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Imperial - Dec. 30, 2011

So any reason for not making a Serpent face? Did the Commitee just not like Serpent? It seems to be the only Metal Fight face not released yet. I think it would look cool.

I like the idea of retiring a few boosters, many people have them for others to trade with.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Dec. 30, 2011

It might be that it was too hard to render. I'm not on the Committee, so I honestly have no clue. Could also be that there weren't enough Boosters, since each has 4 Faces.

Then again, we've got Kai-V attempting to render Nemesis... Rendering Serpent would probably be a cakewalk compared to Nemesis.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Dec. 30, 2011

I keep saying it : it is a walk in a park with Dir en grey.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Dec. 30, 2011

Someone rendered pegasis 2, didn't they? Serpent is comparatively simple, albeit a widely despised release.

(Dec. 30, 2011  8:26 PM)Hazel Wrote: The leopard print border would just be too extravagant, I think, for this particular resolution. Doable, but it'd look really cluttered when scaled down.

I'm telling you, they're terrifyingly huge. The way they move, though, is pretty typical of that subspecies.

Don't let me down. Serious

It just has to move so I know it lives.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Dec. 30, 2011

I think some Faces like Pegasis II were just resized to fit on our small Faces ... Not as grandiose, hah.

It seems to've worked out well for it.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Dec. 30, 2011

Except for the obvious fact that it would take a site configuration change and a truck load of work, there isn't anything stopping us from increasing the size and resolution of all the Face Boosters to accommodate the more intricate Face designs.

It bears repeating that it would be a truck load of work, but I think it would be a welcome aesthetic addition for many of the Faces that are more difficult to render at the current size and resolution today.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Tech - Dec. 30, 2011

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but it would be nice to have a face for a number of reported posts, right?

That is a bit too exploitable... and pointless, in my opinion.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Dec. 30, 2011

Quantitative measures tend to skew content too far away from the quality we are looking for in general.

People are generally reporting posts at just the right level today, so it would be counterproductive to provide an incentive for people to report more often than they already are.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Dec. 31, 2011

(Dec. 30, 2011  9:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: Back on topic, I only just noticed the pattern in the background of the Brad face, I always thought it was a flat blue.

Looks even cooler now I realise.

You're the first person to notice~

Unsmith

(Dec. 30, 2011  4:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: I also want to see Kei render the Nemesis face.

If I can vector the Pegasis Face from Burn Pisces ED145WF, I can vector the Nemesis Face.

(Dec. 30, 2011  8:15 PM)Hazel Wrote: Cygnus, Beat, Horuseus, etc. faces would also be nice, and in order to implement them fluidly, we should probably consider retiring some of the older boosters. There are enough of those faces around now that users could trade freely for them, and it gives us less clutter and allows us to more easily integrate 4D and other missing faces into the awards system.

I'm not sure about retiring the older boosters ... Face Booster BLACK was retired because it seemed right given the limited nature of the donation gift that preceded it, the Royal Face. And it would be kind of crazy to take Quetzalcoatl, Quetzalcoatl II, Aries, and Pisces out of circulation when a mere four to six people have each one. That's much less than even the Royal Face.

(Dec. 30, 2011  8:32 PM)Imperial Wrote: So any reason for not making a Serpent face? Did the Commitee just not like Serpent? It seems to be the only Metal Fight face not released yet. I think it would look cool.

No particular reason. I believe it just got lost in the shuffle when we were putting Face Booster YELLOW, PURPLE, and PEARL together. You can look forward to pulling it in a future Face Booster. Wink

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Dec. 31, 2011

There's always the option of cramming more stuff into existing boosters, or just making new ones(we can start picking from between primary colors! Face Booster TEAL!), I guess.

It was just a thought.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Dec. 31, 2011

Pretty soon you guys are going to have to resort to 'Face Booster RAINBOW' or something like that, haha.
Then again, there's still gray, brown, pink, and others... I think that'll do it for the 4D lineup Tongue_out

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Whatzzer - Dec. 31, 2011

I wish to see a Face Booster Gray.Now,that would be nice.What program do to use to make the faces,Kei?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Janstarblast - Dec. 31, 2011

(Dec. 31, 2011  4:36 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2011  4:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: I also want to see Kei render the Nemesis face.

If I can vector the Pegasis Face from Burn Pisces ED145WF, I can vector the Nemesis Face.

I like your confidence, yo! Tongue_out

Hazel- Cramming more Faces into Face Boosters will make it MORE difficult to get a certain type of Face! *evil laugh* Not to mention I'd hate to see older Faces being dropped out...
OK, you may get rid of Cancer(Tongue_out), but yeah, I am joking. Tongue_out
As for the Lynx Face, I simply forgot about that! A groovy cat on a champagne colored background! And Horuseus! Golden, Green and Black, the colors go in quite well!

(Dec. 31, 2011  5:18 AM)Whatzzer Wrote: What program do to use to make the faces,Kei?

Photoshop. I just use the Pen Tool to vector the Faces. It's not very complicated to do.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Dec. 31, 2011

As usual I take the hardest way and use the Polygonal Lasso Tool ...

(Dec. 31, 2011  9:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: As usual I take the hardest way and use the Polygonal Lasso Tool ...

Ahaha. Don't forget the method that I showed you a while ago! Vector > Raster (which is what happens when you use the Polygonal Lasso Tool and fill your selection) in this case.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Black Wing - Dec. 31, 2011

How do u get facebolts? Cuz I dnt own a single 1.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Dec. 31, 2011

Read either this thread or the help section and all will be revealed...