World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Nov. 21, 2011

There are some things that have to be understood :

Postcount is obviously not important for us. By default, MyBB shows postcount in every user's postbit (the part to the left of posts), but Brad removed that line himself.

If you get one thousand good posts, then you are likely to get [whatever] thousands of good posts as well, it is just a matter of remaining active, which cannot realistically be controlled by the desire to obtain another Face after the Antique Face. If you lose interest in Beyblade, it might not be healthy to just remain here, for instance.

All in all, no Face description was "unveiled" because we simply never had the intention to give anything beyond the Antique Face. Postcount does not matter, and really good Members who make good posts should not necessarily want to be rewarded for such things. Reasonably, the next steps should be to look for the greater Faces like the Peridot Face, the Amethyst Face, etc. If you have reached five thousand posts and that you are nowhere near getting any of those Faces, then there might be an issue; you are stalling.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Nov. 21, 2011

This is fine. I just really liked Hazel's idea, is all. I can understand your reasons for disagreeing.

Just a side note, I certainly like not having the postcount there. That said, maybe there are alternate ways of measuring activity and contribution etc that would be more appropriate. :\

As for those other achievement faces, they have been given out very sparsely, as we've all discussed in recent times. I don't think stalling is an adequate description in the situation you've described, though. I won't ramble on this (because I obviously am somewhat biased here), but as someone with over 5000 posts yet likely a while away from any of those particular faces (I don't actually know, a couple of them are vague, but I doubt it), I would not call it stalling, it is entirely possible to contribute helpfully over 5000 posts, but have interests/situations lying outside of the requirements for those particular faces.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 21, 2011

I am beginning to grow concerned about whether or not we will ever see another Amethyst face handed out, to be entirely honest.

For people who are already good posters, my idea simply acts as rewards for continuing their good posting habits. For people who aren't, it gives them incentive infinitely more powerful than the Antique Face.

It's kinda been superseded by the advanced forum (though, the advanced forum has the behaviour criterion, I imagine a similar thing would apply to the amethyst face, even if it is not quite as noticeable (with the setting a bad example thing)).

The peridot face is quite vague, and seems to require an appropriate situation to occur, though I am not sure.

The lapis lazuli face is for writing articles, which (and don't get me wrong, it's commendable and hugely important), is not the only way to contribute and help others (and the clamour for that particular face has had some negative impacts, too).

And then there's the Amethyst face, as mentioned above. I guess in 5000 posts you basically have to make some progress towards this, but it is not an easy face to get, and given the number of questions asked and other discussions going on daily, it is not impossible to not make significant progress towards this and still spend 5000 posts helping others. (Again, this is only my interpretation of the description).

I want to make it clear, I do not wish to complain in any way, I am very happy with the way things are headed, and how they already are. I only wish to justify what I have already said Smile

I'm actually quite curious about Lapis Lazuli, now that no individual is responsible for each particular article.

I would imagine it would be given to those who make a significant number of very good contributions and input, even if they are not writing the first drafts. There would also be an interpretation factor based on whether they're doing it for the right reason. (Shameless plug there).

Seems like a common-sense thing to me, considering all contributions can be seen by staff (and everyone else) anyways.

I don't think you could've been more thinly veiled about who you were talking about if you were butt naked, th!nk, with your second statement there.

If it's about big contributions now, rather than simply writing them(ie: people who make a lot of corrections and put in work on the draft quality for others), SSJ qualifies, I think.

Yes, it was somewhat obvious, but it actually goes for more than one person. I've edited it into a shameless plug for a post I wrote on the topic and was smugly self-satisfied about. Because, ya know, that's so much better and not hypocritical at all. Serious

Yeah, I'd agree with Shabalabayabadabadoo deserving it. That said, that's up to the committee, not regular (or even veteran) joes, like us.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Nov. 21, 2011

I have to admit that some Faces are obscure (in their difference with other Faces) even to me, hah. That being said, considering the fact that other Committee Members discuss things once in a while whenever they apparently have time, we mostly end up discussing more important/urgent issues first.

That is technically why this thread exists, is it not? To provoke discussion of faces and ideas surrounding them - for everyone, not just regular users.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Imperial - Nov. 24, 2011

I recieved my Antique Face. Decided to ask for it exactly 1 year after I joined the WBO.
Also I changed my name from InfiniteLibra to Imperial, I wanted a more unique name.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Phoenix Inferno - Nov. 24, 2011

The Rose Gold Face, I am getting it I already posted a video. It was hard to get 50.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Nov. 24, 2011

(Nov. 24, 2011  5:48 PM)Phoenix Inferno Wrote: The Rose Gold Face, I am getting it I already posted a video. It was hard to get 50.

Fixed.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Phoenix Inferno - Nov. 24, 2011

(Nov. 24, 2011  5:55 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote:
(Nov. 24, 2011  5:48 PM)Phoenix Inferno Wrote: The Rose Gold Face, I am getting it I already posted a video. It was hard to get 50.

Fixed.

Holy Norris, I did not notice that. Wahaha.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Tech - Nov. 27, 2011

I got an Anubis face as my first face booster face! very happy.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 28, 2011

Congrats! I was excited to get mine as well - it just has that dark quality about it, you know? Protector of the dead and all that...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 28, 2011

Yes, teal, purple, and yellow certainly is brooding.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 28, 2011

(Nov. 28, 2011  12:09 AM)Hazel Wrote: Yes, teal, purple, and yellow certainly is brooding.

hahaha smart alek. Clearly I meant dark in an allegorical sense... :p

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 28, 2011

I never really thought of Anubis as a "dark" entity, myself. One's vocation does not define them! Especially since he carries it out with a sense of love, respect, and caring.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Ga' - Nov. 28, 2011

Though he handles a large crocodile-esque beast named Ammit that would eat your heart out in a very painful fashion if you were unworthy of going to heaven. NBD.

Anyways, I'll get a Passport face once my fees are sent in, and I will hopefully get the Amber Face soon as well!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Whatzzer - Nov. 28, 2011

Here it is.Sorry for my com lag,my laptop needs to be formated.I will make another part of it.Gee,I hate my laptop.Sorry if you just wanted the pics,but my laptop can't be connected to iTunes,as it is currently running Windows XP,so I can;t get the pics from my iPad and had to do it in an alternative way.I can't access my parent's laptop,so I hope the mods are doing something with this,especially when I use the iPad.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Fury - Nov. 28, 2011

can u still get wolborgs face? if so where? and what was anubis in again?

Diamond Facebooster

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Nov. 28, 2011

"Diamond Facebooster" is not the answer to all three questions ...

I was only talking about Anubis.Kai-V,I can say you saw the video I posted?