World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Nano - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  6:02 PM)th!nk Wrote: Heh. Nice Thunder Dragon face by the way.

We match :3

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  4:00 PM)th!nk Wrote: It should have a picture of closed curtains, and be called the "I have no life so I spend all day talking about childrens spinning tops" face. Or something like that.

If you're going to talk about me, use my name. Serious

I'd spoken to Kai-V a couple of times about something for people who make it to 5k high-quality posts, and I think it is something better than a new "antique" face.

Essentially, I was discussing implementing a whole new Face Booster to reward VERY exceptional posting - at increments of 2,000 -> 5,000 -> 10,000 -> 20,000, one draw from the Face Booster made specifically for this purpose and this purpose only, containing faces that are easily distinguished from others. I was considering more HMS faces, basically - Slash Riger, Magical Ape, Phantom Fox, Samurai Changer(Rare), Shining God (Most Rarest In the Land), and Jiraiya.

Having exceptionally rare ones in the category also makes having those faces something someone can really feel good about, too, since they would be so hard to get.

It would be extremely hard to get, GREATLY encourage people to post better(and while posting better is its own reward, let's face it - sometimes people need motivation!), and be considerably more desirable than the Antique face idea, which is just a static, non-Beyblade related face.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Nov. 20, 2011

I personally felt ecstatic when I got my Antique Face. Stupid

I like that idea, though; having a face that nearly nobody else has would certainly make a person feel special. They'd probably say, "Oh hey, if I make top-notch posts I can get pretty Faces' or something along those lines. Tongue_out

I know I would be encouraged to make better posts. Wink

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Dan - Nov. 20, 2011

I'd agree with this! I'd like a couple more faces >:]

The change-up with different faces sounds like a good motivator, imo.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Nov. 20, 2011

That's actually an awesome idea, Hazel. I can't really add much, because that's honestly pretty darned perfect.

What about people already past a benchmark?
Say, 4,000 post. Would they still get the one for 2,000?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 20, 2011

I wouldn't be the one implementing it, but obviously I think that is how it should work, yes.

However, the requirements for it would have to be just like the antique face.

(Nov. 20, 2011  6:47 PM)Hazel Wrote: I wouldn't be the one implementing it, but obviously I think that is how it should work, yes.

However, the requirements for it would have to be just like the antique face.

ohgawdammit

But to me, it sounds like a good idea

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 21, 2011

Hahahaha, Nano would get that face before he got the Antique Face!

HMS?!?! Who the heck likes HMS anyways, hahaha.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 21, 2011

(Nov. 21, 2011  3:11 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Hahahaha, Nano would get that face before he got the Antique Face!

HMS?!?! Who the heck likes HMS anyways, hahaha.

No one who doesn't qualify for Antique would get these, as I have outlined.

Plastic faces don't work, and MFB faces should be rewards for Tournaments/MFB Givaways only. Thus, HMS.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 21, 2011

The one sort of disconnect with using HMS faces for the post count recognitions is that currently all beyblade faces are tradable. I know that I categorize non-bey faces as "earned", and it would nice to keep those lines clear in my opinion, so that people can instantly recognize that the face was earned rather than trying to think of which HMS faces are which.

I don't think that's a big enough issue to not do it, to be honest.

Obsessive compulsive disorder aside, it's meaningless.

(Nov. 21, 2011  3:30 AM)Hazel Wrote: I don't think that's a big enough issue to not do it, to be honest.

I'm not saying not to have the additional post count faces, just that using HMS faces doesn't seem to be the way to go to me.

If they're not Beyblade faces, to be entirely blunt, people will not be as motivated for them. That is the entire gimmick of my idea - giving people what they actually want. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the pictures under my avatar to be cool things I like, and I would be more driven for them if they were, rather than... whatever the Christchurch the Antique face is.

I understand what you're saying. More thinking is needed here, I think. I'll send you a pm.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 21, 2011

Well from what I remember (although for some reason I have the suspicion that I saw it was different now), the Antique Face is un-tradeable, so wouldn't these also be?

Wait a minute, I misunderstood!

Then just don't make them Beyblade Faces?

Yes, the idea is for what you get from these boosters to be what you get, or for them to only be tradeable amongst their own class.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Nov. 21, 2011

It wouldn't be hard to do. As far as I'm aware, face trading is done by Daegor manually removing and adding faces from/to each user. All that this would mean is that Daegor would just have a list of the faces from that particular booster, and know to not trade them/only trade them between each other.

Even if it were an automated system, you would just mark them as the same type as the antique/rose gold/amber faces etc.

Basically, I'm totally with Hazel on this.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Phoenix Inferno - Nov. 21, 2011

Woah,
2000 posts: Alexdanderite Face
3000 posts: Diamond Face
So here may be your faces. Say if you like or not like it.

If that were the intent of those faces, they would already have been given out.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - *Converse* - Nov. 21, 2011

How do I get the metal face?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Synth - Nov. 21, 2011

How bout check people who has one? It gives more info than the hints in the face page

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Janstarblast - Nov. 21, 2011

(Nov. 21, 2011  3:32 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2011  3:30 AM)Hazel Wrote: I don't think that's a big enough issue to not do it, to be honest.

I'm not saying not to have the additional post count faces, just that using HMS faces doesn't seem to be the way to go to me.

Hey wait, are faces automatically traded or something?
If its manual, then why worry?
Human nature has hints of selfishness... Tongue_out
No one would like to give away such a hard-earned face, provided they aren't getting a super rare face for a common; which again isn't possible as the 2nd person wouldn't like to give away his/her face. Tongue_out
Or, did I misinterpret your post?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Nov. 21, 2011

(Nov. 21, 2011  2:22 PM)th!nk Wrote: If that were the intent of those faces, they would already have been given out.

Since we currently have no Faces for other postcount-related achievements anyway, it is not like that could not be their intent, and we could say the same for all "???" Faces.

Hm, true, I just figured that they would have been awarded by now, seeing as there are two users who hit 10,000 good posts a long time ago, and a number who would likely have 5000 good posts. I figured these faces would have been unveiled upon the first person reaching that milestone. Plus, aside from the stone face, they are not very similar to the antique face thematically.

Unless, of course, they are only now being (re-)purposed.

Plus, I figure that when these faces were designed (I cannot remember when/track down the announcement), 1000 was a very significant amount of posts (especially considering the description of the antique face) so it is not unlikely that higher numbers were not considered.

That should explain my thinking, anyway Smile