World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Dan - Nov. 20, 2011

That was more of a last second recovery pulled by Goliath, of much kindness, in an extremely disfigured situation. I don't think that was the case here, was it?

I remember Daegor filling in for Kei at one point, this one time, and I don't think he was awarded for it with that face (as if it matters.) Though it could have been the other way around, I've forgotten the specifics of it..

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Nov. 20, 2011

No, this wasn't a last-minute thing; I announced that I couldn't hold it about a week and a half before the tourney. Tongue_out

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 20, 2011

Are the color choices for certain faces up for discussion at all? Like the DEMS face being a gross shade of orange, or some faces' color schemes being too dark to discern them?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:11 AM)Hazel Wrote: Are the color choices for certain faces up for discussion at all? Like the DEMS face being a gross shade of orange, or some faces' color schemes being too dark to discern them?

We use exactly the same colours the actual Faces/bit pieces have, hence why I do not really agree with the new HMS Faces ...

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  5:11 AM)Hazel Wrote: Are the color choices for certain faces up for discussion at all? Like the DEMS face being a gross shade of orange, or some faces' color schemes being too dark to discern them?

We use exactly the same colours the actual Faces/bit pieces have, hence why I do not really agree with the new HMS Faces ...

Most faces have several colorschemes, though, so it would not be untrue to origin to represent them in different colors. For example, Lacerta's "original" face is not the color the WBO Lacerta Face has - that is a mixture of recolors. There is not an existing Lacerta face(or was not until recently) that had that exact color combination.

I do not see why we cannot have other faces' colorschemes altered to other existing ones if it makes them more discernable(as an example, I cannot tell what in the world the Gil face is without first looking it up). Obviously effort is an issue, but I was merely asking.

And, I assume you are referring to the HMS Faces that DEMS is from, as DEMS' original backdrop is dark blue, not orange.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:45 AM)Hazel Wrote: Most faces have several colorschemes, though, so it would not be untrue to origin to represent them in different colors. For example, Lacerta's "original" face is not the color the WBO Lacerta Face has - that is a mixture of recolors. There is not an existing Lacerta face(or was not until recently) that had that exact color combination.

I do not see why we cannot have other faces' colorschemes altered to other existing ones if it makes them more discernable(as an example, I cannot tell what in the world the Gil face is without first looking it up). Obviously effort is an issue, but I was merely asking.

And, I assume you are referring to the HMS Faces that DEMS is from, as DEMS' original backdrop is dark blue, not orange.

We want the original, most well-known colours though, not recolours. Also, some Faces were apparently more discernable without their Explosion colour shadow.

Out of curiosity, which Faces exactly do you think have colours that differ from the original Face mark ?

Death Gargoyle MS ? Dark blue ? I really do not know everything about the Heavy Metal System, but why does everything on Google bring up orange ?
http://www.google.ca/search?q=Death+Gargoyle+MS&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=fr&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1348&bih=633&sei=nonITtWTHOPq0gHI29EG

I was actually confusing the DEMS one with one of the recolors of DEMS, so I apologize on that count.

I had a list of Faces not true to the original nature, but then a hunch struck me, so I dug out all of my sticker sheets - the face colorschemes match the stickers, but in some cases(Lacerta, Anubis, Unicorno, Capricorne(though only barely in this case), and a couple others), not the printed face mark, which all of those Beys have.

So I suppose they are technically true to a form of the origin, just not the one I was looking at. Sorry for the confusion - though I still think we should switch some of them to recolors that are less "squint for two hours to figure out what it is". Escolpio, Gemios, Gil, and Aquario, specifically. Removing the little lens glare thing would also probably work for them, since it honestly seems to be causing the problem on Escolpio and Aquario. It also obstructs both Quetz faces, as a point of reference, though they are still easily discernable.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Poseidon - Nov. 20, 2011

About the antique face:
Beyblade is getting increasingly popular; the face was made in 20009 when beyblade wasn't ver popular. Then hasbro realsed them and our members in the last year have nearly X5 since what theyb were at around Sepetember 2010. So lots more people are gonna get the face now, so what about a new face. Something like 2000 or 3000 posts since quite a few people have reached that margin ?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Janstarblast - Nov. 20, 2011

That's a good idea, Poseidon.
But I doubt it will be put to use...
Still, its quite difficult to get the Antique even now... Not every member beyond 1000 posts has it... Smile

Look at this http://worldbeyblade.org/myawards.php?awid=38 the majority were given in 2011, bnearly all of them; even though it's be hard to gegt still think it'd be worth it.

Hm, that's true.
I would really love to see this idea in effect, but I really doubt if the Committee will feel the same... Unhappy
But seriously, a good idea. Smile

I can't really see anything against it TBH apart from poplarity of the face; but theis faces that hardly anyone has anyway lol XD

The only reason which I find against it is-
This is not really a 'new' idea.
People would have thought of a face for 2000 posts/3000 posts before, and would have even suggested it...
But it was never implemented... Smile

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - BeybladeStation - Nov. 20, 2011

I have to agree with that, hah! 1,000 good and 2,000 better!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Nov. 20, 2011

5000 post face: yes.

Anything less can suck on my postcount. Serious

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  3:50 PM)th!nk Wrote: 5000 post face: yes.

Anything less can suck on my postcount. Serious

Lol. If 1000 posts is "antique", then the 5000 post mark should be the "stone-age" face (a repurposing of the existing "stone" face).

It should have a picture of closed curtains, and be called the "I have no life so I spend all day talking about childrens spinning tops" face. Or something like that.

You have to realize that you'd still get those faces, if they existed.

(Maybe I just misunderstood what you said)

You did. It was a joke. I'm not *quite* that much of an egotist.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:18 PM)th!nk Wrote: You did. It was a joke. I'm not *quite* that much of an egotist.

Hahaha. Maybe a trainspotting / otaku face is more like it. :p

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:18 PM)th!nk Wrote: You did. It was a joke. I'm not *quite* that much of an egotist.
That's how I know you, honestly. It just forces itself back and forth, interesting if you ask me..

Either way, I think adding faces for those given reasons is a superb idea!

1000: Antique
2000: Ancient
3000: Jesus (Jks)
4000: Fossil
5000: Stone
28,000: Brad

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:23 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:

Hahaha. Maybe a trainspotting / otaku face is more like it. :p

Anything but Otaku. That is not my thing.

(Nov. 20, 2011  5:26 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote:
That's how I know you, honestly. It just forces itself back and forth, interesting if you ask me..

Either way, I think adding faces for those given reasons is a superb idea!

Ahh, well, even if I do come off that way, at least I'm able joke about it.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Nano - Nov. 20, 2011

(Nov. 20, 2011  4:00 PM)th!nk Wrote: It should have a picture of closed curtains, and be called the "I have no life so I spend all day talking about childrens spinning tops" face. Or something like that.
How'd you know my curtains are closed?

Don't need another one of those around...

Heh. Nice Thunder Dragon face by the way.