World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Janstarblast - Oct. 18, 2011

(Oct. 16, 2011  4:58 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: I am gonna request faces
Phantom Orion
Jade Jupiter
Hell Kerbex
and Diablo Nemesis.
Also Aurora ver. Unicorno.

Except for Kerbecs, no other faces are out yet. Isn't it?
I am sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Smile

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Orichalcon - Oct. 18, 2011

Then I will donate $20.

Also, why don't you have an Ankh face bolt? Tongue_out_wink

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Deikailo - Oct. 19, 2011

(Oct. 18, 2011  6:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2011  4:58 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: I am gonna request faces
Phantom Orion
Jade Jupiter
Hell Kerbex
and Diablo Nemesis.
Also Aurora ver. Unicorno.

Except for Kerbecs, no other faces are out yet. Isn't it?
I am sorry if I misinterpreted your post. Smile
He wants them made into a face booster.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Oct. 19, 2011

We also do not have a Lynx face, as far as I am aware.

This is something I am not okay with.

Ketos is also missing.

Also not okay.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Primal - Oct. 19, 2011

(Oct. 19, 2011  3:53 PM)Hazel Wrote: We also do not have a Lynx face, as far as I am aware.

This is something I am not okay with.

Ketos is also missing.

Also not okay.

Yup yup, I'm all for a Lynx Face. Kronos, Variares, and Death Quetz would also be cool. Smile

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Oct. 19, 2011

Considering *most* faces have been released, I'd expect them in some future booster or something.

That Lynx face better have the funky leopard-print border though.

However, this would require a reason to make a new booster. I'd argue the committee probably have more important stuff to do with their time than render small hexagonal pictures.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Eclipse - Oct. 19, 2011

hi all
i donated 20$ by paypal 2 minutes ago.how to know when i'll have the face booster and the passport? thanks

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Oct. 19, 2011

(Oct. 19, 2011  7:41 PM)Eclipse Wrote: hi all
i donated 20$ by paypal 2 minutes ago.how to know when i'll have the face booster and the passport? thanks

Based on past experience only, it could be as early as tonight or as long as a day or two before you receive your faces.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Oct. 20, 2011

(Oct. 19, 2011  7:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: However, this would require a reason to make a new booster. I'd argue the committee probably have more important stuff to do with their time than render small hexagonal pictures.

I created the most of the Faces for the most recent Face Boosters (WHITE, YELLOW, PURPLE, PEARL), and let me tell you, vectoring all of those Faces is not a fun process LOL.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Oct. 20, 2011

(Oct. 20, 2011  2:12 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2011  7:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: However, this would require a reason to make a new booster. I'd argue the committee probably have more important stuff to do with their time than render small hexagonal pictures.

I created the most of the Faces for the most recent Face Boosters (WHITE, YELLOW, PURPLE, PEARL), and let me tell you, vectoring all of those Faces is not a fun process LOL.

If you can get me source images of suitable quality, I can see about having them vectored down to that size/shape with the little artificial glint put on them.

(Oct. 19, 2011  7:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: That Lynx face better have the funky leopard-print border though.

I prefer the simple one used in the Anime, personally, but both are nice. However, I cannot imagine the leopard print would do anything but crowd and confuse the already-cramped image, at that size.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Oct. 20, 2011

Out of curiosity, what program are you using?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Oct. 20, 2011

(Oct. 20, 2011  3:46 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Out of curiosity, what program are you using?

Photoshop. With the Pen Tool of course.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Janstarblast - Oct. 20, 2011

Haha!
Also, you are probably among the people having the highest number of faces around here! Hence, you make them, and you also own them! Wow! Sounds so cool!
Seriously, it might be extremely tough to make those teeny-weeny faces so clear and beautiful.
About the Lynx face, I would love the one with shiny borders, like th!nk mentioned. I love shiny things!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Deikailo - Oct. 20, 2011

(Oct. 20, 2011  6:59 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:46 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Out of curiosity, what program are you using?

I hate that tool. I use Adobe Illustrator for vector images.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kai-V - Oct. 20, 2011

The Face marks I do are just with the polygonal lasso tool.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Jaygrazer - Oct. 21, 2011

What about a tournament sponsor face? That'll be worthwhile for sellers to sponsor tournaments. My theory is this:

Seller+Face+ Big $$$ from sponsorship= AWW YEAHH!!!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Oct. 21, 2011

(Oct. 21, 2011  1:25 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: What about a tournament sponsor face? That'll be worthwhile for sellers to sponsor tournaments. My theory is this:

Seller+Face+ Big $$$ from sponsorship= AWW YEAHH!!!

I had a similar thought about a WBO custom face bolt (like an actual physical face bolt) as a WBO merchandising item, but then thought that surely TT has a patent on the face bolt design - which would only leave a sticker as an option...

Still, stickers aren't very expensive to create, and the addition of a sponsor sticker could possibly more than offset the cost of production. I would suggest a metallic sticker, because they look so cool in the sunlight!

A corresponding WBO face (of the digital variety) would be a nice option for say competing in your first tournament?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Nano - Oct. 21, 2011

Because EVERYONE patents a shape.

Stickers would be nice. Even better if it was made of good material that wouldn't peel much.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kujikato - Oct. 21, 2011

Yep, and to make it better ( a PURE die cast metal face bolt!)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Oct. 22, 2011

(Oct. 20, 2011  1:38 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  6:59 AM)Kei Wrote:

I hate that tool. I use Adobe Illustrator for vector images.

But you use the Pen Tool in Illustrator as well? Serious

It doesn't really matter if they're raster images since they're being made for the web and are not meant to be scaled. And even if they were for print (for some reason), as long as they are of a high enough resolution, it doesn't matter if they were originally vector or not. And besides, by using the Pen Tool (to create a Shape Layer) in Photoshop you can scale the objects to whatever size you want anyways.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Nano - Oct. 22, 2011

[Image: Nface2.jpg]
This needs to be a face.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Giraton - Oct. 22, 2011

i might get DJ FACE for hoasting a tournament a few hours ago. i thought i might never see that face on my profile. my bro also gets a bronze face for coming 3rd. yipee faces!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Ultra - Oct. 22, 2011

You only get the face if you hosted well. I hosted a tourney but it was a slight disaster and as such I didn't get a DJ Face.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Mr. N - Oct. 22, 2011

I got the Antique Face! My next goal is the DJ Face but I have to find a location to host a tournament...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Janstarblast - Oct. 22, 2011

@Mr. N- Congrats! Its really well deserved! You have probably been a great member who contributed A LOT to the Customizations forum. Joyful_2
Ultra- Really?! That is surprising! What if no one admits that the tourney was unorganized? Tongue_out