World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Bey Brad - Jul. 30, 2015

Hey guys,

The Faces thing has been around for ages and I've always been very surprised (and happy about!) how popular it's been. I'd like to ask you a few questions and hear your thoughts on it:

1. Which kinds of Faces mean the most to you? Please list, from most important to least important:
  • Battle Award Faces (Gold — Bronze, Jewel Faces)
  • Event Participation Faces (e.g. Face of Days)
  • Community Faces (e.g. Antique, Rose Gold)
  • Donation-Only Face Boosters
  • Free/Credit-Earned Face Boosters

2. Do you think Battle Award Faces and other Faces should be more clearly separated/have Battle Awards not be Faces at all? Or do you like them together?

3. Which Face do you want the most right now? This includes ones that are impossible for you to get. (If you can, please explain why you want it.)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kujikato - Jul. 30, 2015

(Jul. 30, 2015  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: -snip-

1. In this order:
Community comes first. Even if I don't place in events, I would still want people to know I was there, and I'm here for the community. The reason why I value the Community Faces is specifically because of the huge respect I have for Committee. Through my times here (which is short compared to some of you guys), they've been role models in many ways, and so the recognition of such commitment through the Face of Soul means a lot to me. Other faces such as the Metal Face, Lapis Lazuli, etc. show a commitment to the community, and so they mean the most to me.

2. No problems with this. It works wonderfully.

3. TBH: I want more faces than Kei. #kappa

I'd really want to be able to dedicate my time to getting a MF or MF-2 Face and resurrect the Indonesian Community. Sadly school is way too time consuming and I'm leaving for studies abroad. I'll stick to this as the goal, since I really doubt I'll be getting the Face of Soul. Ever. DJ 2002 - Disappointed ...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - 1234beyblade - Jul. 30, 2015

1. Which kinds of Faces mean the most to you? Please list, from most important to least important:
Community Faces (e.g. Antique, Rose Gold)
Battle Award Faces (Gold — Bronze, Jewel Faces)
Event Participation Faces (e.g. Face of Days)
Donation-Only Face Boosters
Free/Credit-Earned Face Boosters

2. Do you think Battle Award Faces and other Faces should be more clearly separated/have Battle Awards not be Faces at all? Or do you like them together?

I like them all together, they look so shiny, colorful, and nice Eee

3. Which Face do you want the most right now? This includes ones that are impossible for you to get.

I really want the Prize Hunter Face because it will show the dedication i put towards earning all my credits from tournaments! I think it is one of the hardest faces to get since you need at least 90 credits to get it...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Thunder Dome - Jul. 30, 2015

I think they are fine together.

3. Which Face do you want the most right now? This includes ones that are impossible for you to get. (If you can, please explain why you want it.)
Some more of the community faces such as Antique or Alexandrite at some point. I don't have many community faces and it would be really cool to have some major faces like those. Also having the face for being top 5 would be pretty cool to.

Antique Face is yours now. Wink

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Stormscorpio1 - Jul. 30, 2015

1. Which kinds of Faces mean the most to you?
The same order you posted them in.

I think that Battle Faces should continue to be integrated with the other faces that are earned. Because Battle Faces are, in my opinion just as important as say the Alexandrite Face since if you have someone with tons of first and second places then they clearly know a lot about the competitive meta game. They might just not like the idea of testing combos.

The face that I want the most right now is the Amethyst Face because the Amethyst Face means that you as a blader have proven that you are knowledgeable about the thing that you love to do time and time again.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - LMAO - Jul. 30, 2015

(Jul. 30, 2015  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey guys,

The Faces thing has been around for ages and I've always been very surprised (and happy about!) how popular it's been. I'd like to ask you a few questions and hear your thoughts on it:

Definitely the Battle Award faces, they prove just how much hard work it took for someone to place. The order for my favorites is in order of how Brad wrote them, haha.

I personally like the battle award faces together with the other faces. They're just as important as other faces.

At the moment, I definitely want to try to get the Alexandrite or Peridot faces. They prove the dedication needed in order to get the faces. Probably some more contribution from me and I should be able to get those faces Smile

Really interesting answers. Thanks guys.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - [)ragon - Jul. 30, 2015

Quote:1. Which kinds of Faces mean the most to you? Please list, from most important to least important:

Probably this order:

Quote:2. Do you think Battle Award Faces and other Faces should be more clearly separated/have Battle Awards not be Faces at all? Or do you like them together?

I think it's great the way it is!

Quote:3. Which Face do you want the most right now? This includes ones that are impossible for you to get. (If you can, please explain why you want it.)

Amethyst Face, hands down. Been my goal since day 1, haha.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Wombat - Jul. 31, 2015

(Jul. 30, 2015  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: 1. Which kinds of Faces mean the most to you? Please list, from most important to least important:

Well now that people can rearrange their faces, they kinda answer their questions for themselves what they think is important (besides making cool designs of course).

1. Community Faces
2. Battle Award Faces
3. Participation Faces
4. Donation-Only Face Boosters (<- Didn't know these existed, I might have to donate sometime)
5. Free/Credit Earned Face Boosters

(Jul. 30, 2015  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: 2. Do you think Battle Award Faces and other Faces should be more clearly separated/have Battle Awards not be Faces at all? Or do you like them together?

I think it's fine the way it is. They are all some form of achievement whether it's placing in a tournament or being a valuable member of the community.

(Jul. 30, 2015  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: 3. Which Face do you want the most right now? This includes ones that are impossible for you to get. (If you can, please explain why you want it.)

Mostly Community Faces, like Amethyst/Antique/Lapis Lazuli/Peridot etc. Lapis Lazuli was actually one of my original goals (which is the main reason I wrote so many carpy Beywiki drafts in my first month or so here; coming from Beyblade Wikia I thought I knew what I was doing lol).

For Competition Faces, Onyx and Platinum just like everyone else.

For Collectibles, I'd kinda want more of the HMS Faces (If anyone's down to trade an Ultimate Dragoon for my Poseidon that'd be cool) or a Synchrom Face (I noticed 1234 pulled Orogeevizer so I knew I guessed right about those Mystery Faces a while back).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also want Diamond, Pearl, and Stone Faces to be for something someday.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Bey Brad - Jul. 31, 2015

Has the Amethyst Face vanished? It's not in the Face list. Maybe that's the blank Face in my display ...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - [)ragon - Jul. 31, 2015

It's still there from what I can see; fifth one down on the Face Collection page. You've got it in your second row.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Zoroaste - Jul. 31, 2015

Could I get my 2 faces for owning 50 and 150 beyblades please? I posted them here:
www.worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-Collection?pid=1273852#pid1273852

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Jul. 31, 2015

(Jul. 31, 2015  12:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Has the Amethyst Face vanished? It's not in the Face list. Maybe that's the blank Face in my display ...

we removed it. now prove yourself

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Wombat - Jul. 31, 2015

(Jul. 31, 2015  6:03 AM)Kei Wrote: Don't know why it's been neglected for so long; we've just focused on adding users to the Veterans group and disassociated it with the Amethyst Face for some reason ...

I know it's really not my place to say this, and I don't mean any offense to anyone with regards to Community Faces but I personally feel as if it takes "less" nowadays than it did several years ago (granted I didn't show up until 2012, but I've been reading around older threads) to achieve a higher status in this community, or that the Committee has been more lenient with awards/promotions in some cases than they have been in the past.

With the most recent "wave" of Advanced Members, there was some controversy about the promotions being less stringent. I won't point out specific incidences but I remember there being some disapproval both from current Advanced Members and other Members who weren't included in the promoted group but were definitely at least on par with those who were promoted.

I don't really know how to approach this topic without sounding either ungrateful or offensive, sorry. :\

(Jul. 31, 2015  2:36 AM)[)ragon Wrote: It's still there from what I can see; fifth one down on the Face Collection page. You've got it in your second row.

Oh, wow. Wonder why Cmd+F didn't show it up ... wonder what my missing one was, then?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - The Supreme One - Jul. 31, 2015

(Jul. 30, 2015  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey guys,

The Faces thing has been around for ages and I've always been very surprised (and happy about!) how popular it's been. I'd like to ask you a few questions and hear your thoughts on it

First off, I'd like to say that one of the many aspects of the WBO that I appreciate is the wide variety of opportunities to earn faces and the way in which they encourage WBO members to better different aspects of the organization by catering to both forum users and actual players. When it comes to favorite type of faces, I think the answers will be split between Battle Award Faces and Community faces because many competitive WBO players don't actively contribute to the forum and vice versa.

My personal ranking is:
[*]Battle Award Faces (Gold — Bronze, Jewel Faces)
[*]Community Faces (e.g. Antique, Rose Gold)
[*]Event Participation Faces (e.g. Face of Days)
[*]Donation-Only Face Boosters
[*]Free/Credit-Earned Face Boosters
Face Boosters are given out a little too frequently, in my opinion, and I'd much rather see my accomplishments highlighted than faces purchased via credits or awarded through a lotto.

I think Battle Award faces are a must. They are, after all, among the most "valuable" per-se, since they prove not only a competitive understanding of the game, but the ability to apply that competitive knowledge to real competition, which can be difficult at first for some. Rather than separating Battle Awards, I would like to see Face Boosters separated, since they don't require as much hard work or contribution to obtain as the others, and take up valuable space in the user bar that could be used to display more notable achievements.

I think the most obvious answer would be the Face of Soul, because that basically means you're a committee member, which, I'm sure, is what most active forum members long of being haha
A little more realistically, I'd say the Alexandrite face, because contributing to the forum to that degree is important to me and something I hope to achieve eventually.

On another note, I've been on the WBO for over 3 years now! I've been planning to make a Youtube video regarding this at some point.

Hey, for what it's worth, I was never suggesting that tournament awards should not be prominently displayed. Just wondered if you'd be interested in, example, Trophies (Battle Only) Vs. Faces.

As for "taking up space", now each user can choose which Faces to display and in which order.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Aug. 01, 2015

(Jul. 31, 2015  10:11 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Face Boosters are given out a little too frequently, in my opinion, and I'd much rather see my accomplishments highlighted than faces purchased via credits or awarded through a lotto.

I think in the past they were given out too infrequently; to me it's more important that every member feels they have a good chance of earning them. We want Face collecting to be something for everyone.

And we've solved the problem you're mentioning about having a desire to highlight your accomplishments rather than Faces earned from Credits/Lottos/etc. by allowing members to re-arrange the display of their Faces!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Mitsu - Aug. 01, 2015

Changing the order of Faces still only works when I drag with touch screen though. Is this the same for anyone else?

Also really happy to have my Peridot Face. Congrats to all the new recipients too!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - The Supreme One - Aug. 01, 2015

(Aug. 01, 2015  1:29 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2015  10:11 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Face Boosters are given out a little too frequently, in my opinion, and I'd much rather see my accomplishments highlighted than faces purchased via credits or awarded through a lotto.

I think in the past they were given out too infrequently; to me it's more important that every member feels they have a good chance of earning them. We want Face collecting to be something for everyone.

And we've solved the problem you're mentioning about having a desire to highlight your accomplishments rather than Faces earned from Credits/Lottos/etc. by allowing members to re-arrange the display of their Faces!
Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that. That's great to know!
And perhaps a sign that I should get online more often...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kei - Aug. 01, 2015

(Aug. 01, 2015  2:00 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Changing the order of Faces still only works when I drag with touch screen though. Is this the same for anyone else?

When you're on your personal Face List page, you mean? It should work on desktop. Which browser (and version) are you using? Have you tried other browsers?

(Aug. 01, 2015  2:18 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that. That's great to know!
And perhaps a sign that I should get online more often...

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Faces-Discussion?pid=1272468#pid1272468

Smile

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Cannon - Aug. 03, 2015

(Jul. 31, 2015  12:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Has the Amethyst Face vanished? It's not in the Face list. Maybe that's the blank Face in my display ...

http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=19

What's that face second row in the middle? Is that it?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Bey Brad - Aug. 03, 2015

Yeah, but mine's still there, so it's obviously not that either :')

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Cannon - Aug. 03, 2015

(Aug. 03, 2015  5:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, but mine's still there, so it's obviously not that either :')

Huh? I wasn't talking about the Lapiz Lapzuli haha!

The image with the Dark Wolf I meant. Ya don't have that one