World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? (/Thread-Do-you-think-the-WBO-should-hold-team-tournaments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 02, 2012

I like that idea Time, but i think that it should be 4 member who points get added up. Since that's the number of postions on a real battling beyblade team

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Eternal-E - Sep. 02, 2012

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:16 PM)MasterBlader-X Wrote: I like that idea Time, but i think that it should be 4 member who points get added up. Since that's the number of postions on a real battling beyblade team
Unless Unless there were a tournament with more than 4 people.... Like the subs sub... Or a techknical support member...

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 02, 2012

There won't be a sub for the sub. Thats just crazy, and the Tec support won't even battle.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - TimeOut - Sep. 03, 2012

Is my idea a realistic enough suggestion that it deserves its own thread yet?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Uwik - Sep. 03, 2012

I realize that some games are employing that ranking format already. The recent one being Clash of the Clans. That said, personally, I feel that it promotes zero teamwork, which I think is the fundamental basis of Team Tournaments by actually attending tournaments and battling as a team. The ranking format proposed is just a summation of individual achievements.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - ElementalDude97 - Sep. 03, 2012

I will say yes there should be team tournaments!maybe a new team beypoints ranking should be made to see which team could he number one!and should have the best of 3 out of 5 or the best 2 out of 4 wins!.Also if this happens the team leader will choose who will battle and who will not and when they battle if you lose a battle the team lose points and if you win a battle the team gain points...the ranking system could be like the normal system and it may work like the normal system.
*Is just a suggestion*
*I am just saying*

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Sniper Kid - Sep. 03, 2012

It is gonna be sorta hard, since some of the team members might not be available that day and can therefore not go. Well unless they really take it seriously. To be honest, I like this idea but I just can't imagine tourneys like these. But hopefully, there will be one hehehe

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 03, 2012

It will be hard to do, but good things come with hrd work.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Sniper Kid - Sep. 03, 2012

Also think about the prizes. Since it's a team tournament, every member in the team should have a prize. It will cost a lot. You can just give a trophy or something to the leader, but it wouldn't be fair since the other members don't have a prize.

Actually, I am planning to hold a Team Tournament here in my country since they are a lot of beyblade teams here and they are all really active. I'm not sure thou if I could make it a WBO tourney since i'm not sure if it is legal or allowed.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 03, 2012

For the prizes i think the memebrs who were in the tournament should get a trophy and not like some bey pars or anything else. It'll be way cheaper and they can brag with the trophy. I think the leader sholud get on to0, since he/she the te winning team together.

P.S. I'm not just sayong that becuse i'm a team leaderEee

I am a leader too. Honestly, Trophy's are also somewhat expensive especially if there are a lot of team members in a team. There are like fake trophy's but you know it just wont be as good. All thou it is still good hehe. Eventually thou, I guess we can find a way and actually make these plans go to live.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Achi-baba - Sep. 03, 2012

Personally, I think anyone who ?'s how it would work out, should watch metal masters again.And for those people with uber teams the size of a sub organization should start branches of sub-teams.Also we could hav team leaders choose prizes that the winning team could divide up.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Blader Rolandj - Sep. 04, 2012

Heck YES.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - imotek - Sep. 04, 2012

thats not that bad of an idea
yes

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - kyoyatategami - Sep. 04, 2012

i think we should go with 3 regulars and 1 sub
and for the prize, trophys would be too expensive so.....
i got it
1. First place= a bey for every member
2. Second place= 2 beys
3. semi-finalists= one bey

that way the host would only have to pay around about $63
it still is a lot but i can't think of an affordable and fair way to disribute prizes

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Dum Spiro Pugno - Sep. 04, 2012

Team Tournaments would be a very exciting experience for many. However a completely new format would be need for such. There should be such a thing in the near future but, you have to remember that WBO staff members have a life outside of the website. Incorporation of teamwork, and respect would also be a must for team tournaments, making people more pleasant to be around. Nice topic and ideas. It's the thoughts of people like you that make the WBO a very pleasant, and exciting place to be.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - wtater888 - Sep. 04, 2012

Personally i believe that prizes are 1 takara tomy bey each for every member on winning team. Then the 2nd place team each member should get a Hasbro. The host could also sell beys at a slightly more expensive price then buying yourself.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Sep. 04, 2012

(Sep. 04, 2012  4:04 AM)wtater888 Wrote: Personally i believe that prizes are 1 takara tomy bey each for every member on winning team. Then the 2nd place team each member should get a Hasbro. The host could also sell beys at a slightly more expensive price then buying yourself.

We have issues reimbursing just three TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades for a whole tournament sometimes. What you are asking is slightly unrealistic.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Beychamp76 - Sep. 04, 2012

The prizes could be a bey each for each member that participated in the tournament (Maximum 3 bladers participating)
Prize only for 1st place
The beypoints can be awarded like every other battle
Each blader has one match
Which ever team has 2 members who won their matches will advance
Beypoints are given and subtracted individually like normal battles

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - pocketpulls - Sep. 04, 2012

I think prizes should be the fun they had during the tournament. If the WBO does end up doing this team tournament thing, it will take a lot of time and hard effort to make it all go well, that should be a big enough prize for the teams.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Sniper Kid - Sep. 04, 2012

I was thinking, their could only be prizes for the 1st place team.
For the prizes, maybe WBO facebolts will do(the one that appear in your avatar when you post)
I also think that there should be a seperate Beypoint for the teams to know the best team(all thou i'm sure not all teams will attend). Also show the points the team member have gained for the team? I guess a maximum of 5 team members will do? Since the prizes would be WBO facebolts but i'm not sure if they would allow. I hope they make a Team Tournament Facebolt that would be given away if you participate in a team tournament and a Winner Team Facebolt that would be awared to the members of the team(They should attend the team tournamen thou)

These are just suggestions. I know that there are many more things to consider other than these when hosting a Team tournament.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - sarabscientist - Sep. 08, 2012

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but just quickly throwing it out there:

Maybe instead of an actual team tournament, you could just make a team ranking system. Where every match won by a player that belongs to a team, that team gets one team beypoint. Example: Bob wins three matches in the tournament. Bob belongs to team BobbyBobs. So the team gets three TBP. That way the team section can serve a purpose and people could get serious about their teams. If this idea would be used though, there would be a lot of strict rules about leaving and joining teams, and blah ...

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 08, 2012

Insomniac that is a great idea. If they do go for this your idea should be used.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - sarabscientist - Sep. 08, 2012

Oh, to answer the initial question of the thread, I think no. Since it will take A VERY LONG time to get through the matches, etc ...

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - MasterBlader-X - Sep. 08, 2012

Your right it would take a long time. But what if there's a total of 6 teams per tournament.

Round 1
Simple eliminations

Round 2
Keeps going till two teams win at least twice

Round 3
Final eliminations