World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
How Peculiar... - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How Peculiar... (/Thread-How-Peculiar)

Pages: 1 2

How Peculiar... - May The Pirate - Nov. 14, 2008

I'm not sure if this is meant to go here or Media, but I stumbled across this this morning and thought it would be a fun object for discussion:

A Japanese man has posted an online petition, arguing that Japan should change its laws to allow people to marry comic book characters. Japan, currently, like most countries legally only allows humans to marry. What’s more bizarre about this story is that the online petition has attracted more than 1,000 other wierdos people.

“I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world.”

“However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?”

“For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love,” one signatory to the petition wrote.

“Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost.”

Taken from here: http://www.inquisitr.com/6745/japanese-man-wants-to-marry-anime-character/

Okay, i'm not saying that I agree with this, but please don't post stuff like "OMFG weirdo! Go diezzz!" since it's rude, immature and not needed.

So, Opinions people?

RE: How Peculiar... - AnchoredCross - Nov. 14, 2008

This is carp hilarious.

I'd love to see "Japanese Manga Mail Order Bride" websites.

RE: How Peculiar... - Spinster - Nov. 14, 2008

My list of reasons continues to grow... you all know what I'm talking about.

RE: How Peculiar... - BeyUK-Espio - Nov. 14, 2008

Ha lolz, WTF is this world coming to XD.

RE: How Peculiar... - NAP - Nov. 14, 2008

(Nov. 14, 2008  9:26 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: “Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone.”

While this may be true Hannah Montana
I see a flaw: You won't get any from this "person" Confused
have fun with your tissue!

RE: How Peculiar... - Ominous - Nov. 14, 2008

(Nov. 14, 2008  10:52 AM)Spinster Wrote: My list of reasons continues to grow... you all know what I'm talking about.

This

RE: How Peculiar... - May The Pirate - Nov. 14, 2008

(Nov. 14, 2008  1:27 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2008  9:26 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: “Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone.”

While this may be true Hannah Montana
I see a flaw: You won't get any from this "person" Confused
have fun with your tissue!

That was what I thought about that statement.
Apparently the dude has his sights set on Haruhi suzumiya.
It's odd to say the least.

RE: How Peculiar... - Nic - Nov. 14, 2008

I saw this quite some time back. Not really surprised by this, actually. It's just something waiting to happen.

I think this article is somewhat biased, though. There's another (better) article on it elsewhere.

RE: How Peculiar... - May The Pirate - Nov. 14, 2008

I'll try and find it later Smile It'll probably shed some better light on the subject.

RE: How Peculiar... - Pikachao - Nov. 14, 2008

Comic book characters are crazy. Video games characters aren't though =P

I want a real tauren female to talk to. Q.Q

RE: How Peculiar... - Blue - Nov. 14, 2008

ahahahaha dumbass

RE: How Peculiar... - Doompenguin - Nov. 14, 2008

Otakukin/Wikiality FTL.

That said, this situation poses some interesting questions. Under the law, would manga characters be monogamous (i.e. only be allowed to "marry" one pitiful otaku at a time)? And if so, could you imagine the street fights and legal battles that would cause?

"I love Haruhi!" "No, I loved her first!" "GEEEEEK FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!1!"
[Image: 1581218316612d310777jx0.jpg]

EDIT: After giving it some further thought, I regret cracking jokes about and making fun of these guys. Society has pushed them to the point that they're fleeing from reality and into fantasy as fast as their imaginations can take them. These guys lost their minds while half the room laughs and the other half gives them a wink and a nod thinking it's the kind thing to do. However, apathetically watching one's fellow human beings descend into madness while others jeer and giggle is far from kind. Here's hoping somebody has the compassion to invite these guys back to the real world instead of just giving them the means and incentive to run further away.

RE: How Peculiar... - Pikachao - Nov. 14, 2008

(Nov. 14, 2008  8:52 PM)Doompenguin Wrote: Otakukin/Wikiality FTL.

That said, this situation poses some interesting questions. Under the law, would manga characters be monogamous (i.e. only be allowed to "marry" one pitiful otaku at a time)? And if so, could you imagine the street fights and legal battles that would cause?

"I love Haruhi!" "No, I loved her first!" "GEEEEEK FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!1!"
[Image: 1581218316612d310777jx0.jpg]

They can't love them back. If they're owned by a company then the company chooses who they can marry or whatever? You're allowed to write monogomous books though...

RE: How Peculiar... - mdhvdukshsj - Nov. 15, 2008

i think japan is one of the most carp up countries we have in today's world

RE: How Peculiar... - bugturtles - Nov. 15, 2008

this is expected of japan

i am not all that surprised

RE: How Peculiar... - Pikachao - Nov. 15, 2008

There are huge debates over things nowadays, this doesn't actually surprise me. Let them do what they want, if they're happy I guess that's the main thing. So long as nothing bad comes from it.

RE: How Peculiar... - bugturtles - Nov. 15, 2008

they could always play some audio while they are carp a blow-up doll version of their favorite anime character

RE: How Peculiar... - Sasch - Nov. 15, 2008

Loving some character - whatever, to each one his own

Needing to have a law that says you can marry this character - come on, enjoy it for yourselves!

RE: How Peculiar... - Bey Brad - Nov. 15, 2008

1. willing to bet that most of the signatures aren't serious
2. surprise a nation full of people has a small amount of weirdos in it

RE: How Peculiar... - Roan - Nov. 15, 2008

Yeah this whole thing is stupid I don't know why its getting so much attention.

RE: How Peculiar... - NAP - Nov. 15, 2008

(Nov. 15, 2008  12:38 AM)Artie Wrote: i think japan is one of the most carp up countries we have in today's world
I think America is one of the most carp up countries we have in today's world. Confused
I think every country has their ups and downs.

(Nov. 15, 2008  5:20 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2008  12:38 AM)Artie Wrote: i think japan is one of the most carp up countries we have in today's world
I think America is one of the most carp up countries we have in today's world. Confused
I think every country has their ups and downs.

really? why is that?

japan has produced far weirder carp than the united states ever has. every country has their psychos; japan just seems to have more of them

RE: How Peculiar... - Bey Brad - Nov. 15, 2008

okay let's please not get into this

america rules, japan drools

RE: How Peculiar... - AnnieDuck - Nov. 15, 2008

carp y'all canada makes the best models

also yay i can finally marry sephiroth