World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread (/Thread-General-Yu-Gi-Oh-Thread)

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - DefStamina88 - May. 22, 2014

Most of the cards banned in normal play are all cards that mill or allow you to shuffle cards out for more cards. For example, "Pot of Avarice" is a spell card that has the following affect:

"Target 5 monsters in your Graveyeard; shuffle all 5 into your deck, then draw 2 cards".

It is banned for the sheer fact that it saves you if you have a monster in the grave that you want back or like to use. If a card that allows spells back to the hand is paired with this, it could go on forever, basically making his deck appear almost endless. In a unofficial tournament (meaning everything was allowed), I faced a deck that used "Pot of Avarice" in a Dinosaur deck featuring "Rescue Rabbit". it was relentless. 3 pots plus the continuous rabbits put 4 Xyz monsters on the field in less than 5 turns.

Of course, there are some banned cards I don't understand. For example, "Card of Last Will" has this effect:

"If the ATK of a monster you control becomes 0 by a card effect: Draw until you have 5 cards in your hand."

Why ban that? First of all, Reptilianne Gorgon and Reptilianne Poison are the only cards that I know do that effect, and secondly, what is the big deal with tossing a hand for another that may or may not be good? You're basically asking for the guy to find a quick way to trash his hand for some other cards that may be worse than what he had. That seems like potential suicide to me if you get carp on the redraw. It's like the lottery. Besides, if he doesn't have 5 in his hand, say he has 4. What will one card do?

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Ocean - May. 22, 2014

Imagine the card of last will w/ hieratics.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - DefStamina88 - May. 23, 2014

Hrm, don't wanna...

Also, I need an opinion here. I am running a dragon deck with 3 blue eyes in it. I have seen decoy dragon as the easiest way to get him out on the field, but I have heard other ways as well. What would be the best way to get blue eyes out on the field?

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Thunder Dome - May. 23, 2014

Maiden with eyes of blue works good if I remember correctly.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Kaboom!!! - May. 23, 2014

(May. 23, 2014  1:00 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Hrm, don't wanna...

Also, I need an opinion here. I am running a dragon deck with 3 blue eyes in it. I have seen decoy dragon as the easiest way to get him out on the field, but I have heard other ways as well. What would be the best way to get blue eyes out on the field?

Yo.. my dragon deck is dope Tongue_out Try the combo Dragon Shrine paired up with Kidmodo Dragon. If you have Blue Eyes in your hand, use Dragon Shrine. Toss a normal type dragon monster such as another Blue Eyes (if you choose to) to the grave, or just send Kidmodo from the deck to the grave. When Kidmodo is sent to the grave you can special summon a dragon type monster from your hand. As long as the dragon can be special summon, any dragon can be summoned by Kidmodo's effect Tongue_out The only down side is that you can't attack the turn you use Kidmodo's effect and that you can only use it's effect once per turn.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Ocean - May. 23, 2014

Yeah, I love FTKs Unhappy
I don't use D Rulers, should I?

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Ocean - Jun. 02, 2014

How about Inernal Tempest w/ D.D.s.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - aurawolf - Jun. 03, 2014

ha inferno tempest is hilarious ........ unless it is used on you

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Cookie Bouquets - Jun. 20, 2014

Shadolls GG.

Better run yer breakthrough skills or your carped.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Thunder Dome - Jun. 27, 2014

Shooting Quasar Dragon is finally getting a reprint with Black Rose, a Stardust trap card and 2 Nordics with no name and effect yet. Those are all going to be in a 5Ds legendary collection where you get 1 copy of each per box. Also something called "Mega Tins" will be coming out soon. It is suppose to include some of the best cards from a few sets from the Zexal series (I recall it being the later sets, but not the last 1-2). Can't wait for both products to come out.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Ocean - Jun. 28, 2014

Jus started using Bujins.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Cookie Bouquets - Jun. 28, 2014

At my locals, I've been topping for the past 4 weeks.

Madolches OP or nah?

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Byerg - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  10:55 AM)Shirayuki Wrote: Madolches OP or nah?

Definitely are lol.
I can't wait for the next TCG banlist, I'm not at all interested in this awful (IMO) meta.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Cookie Bouquets - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  11:05 AM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2014  10:55 AM)Shirayuki Wrote: Madolches OP or nah?

Definitely are lol.
I can't wait for the next TCG banlist, I'm not at all interested in this awful (IMO) meta.

I thought this format was very open to many decks.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Byerg - Jun. 28, 2014

(Jun. 28, 2014  11:11 AM)Shirayuki Wrote: I thought this format was very open to many decks.

I feel that Geargia has definitely dictated the format, at least for this later half of it, after H.A.T.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - TimeOut - Jun. 28, 2014

So, I just listed my entire collection on ebay. It contains roughly 5,000 cards including a whole bunch of exclusives and rares. Message me on here for 7% off the buy it now price or 6% off whatever the auction closes for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/141333121826
The collection as a whole was appraised by the man in charge of Yugioh at one of my local hobby shops as worth at least $525.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Thunder Dome - Jul. 05, 2014

Here are the new changes on the TCG Banlist
Banned: nothing new

Limited
Goyo Guardian->Was Banned
Geargiagear->New on the list

Semi-limited
Magician of Faith->Was limited
Formula Synchron->Was limited
Reinforcement of the army->Was limited

No longer on list
Mirror Force->Was Semi limited
Dimensional Prison->Was Semi limited

Goyo is finally back and I'm glad some type of geargia card got limited. Reinforcemt at 2 really nice for some decks IMO and Formula being at 2 is nice since Quasar is getting a reprint.

I love the OCG hero support. I love Shadow Mist and you can bring out Dark Law when you use Mask Change with him as the target it is so good. Dark Law just shuts down some decks hard like Lightsworns and he works pretty good in Hero match ups if all their Heroes are banished Miracle Fusion can't be activated. I've been running 3 Tin Goldfish on DN in that deck because you can pull out XYZ or Fusions fast. I only run 3 XYZ (Chain and 101) and Chain puts in work. Deatach a material, target Shadow Mist in deck and put it to grave, and add a Hero monster to hand. There is just so much you can do now and since Hero's have been my favorite deck since around the time they came out I can't wait for this structure deck to come to TCG.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - LeonTempest - Aug. 03, 2014

So I have been in Japan for almost a week and a half now. I bought some really neat cards, and saw some great duels. But I have learned something; the OCG is a way different, and in my opinion, a better version of the game.

Here's why;

TCG players, especially competative and online players know the game by now; good decks are built one particular way, with the only variations being "staple cards" everyone throws in in every deck, such as mirror force or MST. And the goal of the game? Swarm the field as soon as possible, shut down your opponent as soon as possible and OTK as soon as possible. It's as if everyone is in a rush to get to an important date with a really hot girl or guy...and since we all play Yugioh we all know that is not what is going on (I generalize in jest of course).

Duels in the OCG place more emphasis on player mentality and strategy. Games are slower and more thought out, and the majority of competitive decks don't even seem to follow strict archetypes. I watched someone take consecutive victories with a Daigusto Sphreez combo used in a deck that wasn't even Gusto-focused.

After talking with a few players, I asked them about their thoughts on OTK's....the majority said that most aren't viable with the way the game (OCG) is played. Burning all your cards at the start of the game, there is a very good chance you may fail the OTK, which does happen from time to time, because even in a near perfect deck OTK deck, you can always get an all spell hand. And since a lot of current OTK's run on draw power and even stall tactics, you always run that small percent chance that you wont get the cards you need. The players here feel that it is best to keep your options open, and anticipate and read your opponent. Devoting to one strategy that could pass/fail based on pure luck and a formulaic deck construction isn't the way to play the game here.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Beiburēdo - Aug. 06, 2014

Hi can I post a pic of my collection here for pricing purposes cos it's hard for me to decide how much it's all worth

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - FeedFear - Aug. 06, 2014

(Aug. 03, 2014  1:56 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: So I have been in Japan for almost a week and a half now. I bought some really neat cards, and saw some great duels. But I have learned something; the OCG is a way different, and in my opinion, a better version of the game.

Here's why;

TCG players, especially competative and online players know the game by now; good decks are built one particular way, with the only variations being "staple cards" everyone throws in in every deck, such as mirror force or MST. And the goal of the game? Swarm the field as soon as possible, shut down your opponent as soon as possible and OTK as soon as possible. It's as if everyone is in a rush to get to an important date with a really hot girl or guy...and since we all play Yugioh we all know that is not what is going on (I generalize in jest of course).

Duels in the OCG place more emphasis on player mentality and strategy. Games are slower and more thought out, and the majority of competitive decks don't even seem to follow strict archetypes. I watched someone take consecutive victories with a Daigusto Sphreez combo used in a deck that wasn't even Gusto-focused.

After talking with a few players, I asked them about their thoughts on OTK's....the majority said that most aren't viable with the way the game (OCG) is played. Burning all your cards at the start of the game, there is a very good chance you may fail the OTK, which does happen from time to time, because even in a near perfect deck OTK deck, you can always get an all spell hand. And since a lot of current OTK's run on draw power and even stall tactics, you always run that small percent chance that you wont get the cards you need. The players here feel that it is best to keep your options open, and anticipate and read your opponent. Devoting to one strategy that could pass/fail based on pure luck and a formulaic deck construction isn't the way to play the game here.
I actually like the tcg meta better, as I run naturai lock down, and let people draw cards but negate summons with butterfly and stop back row with bamboo shoot. The fast paced meta makes games where I have to think out every move much more fun, as if I mess up even once they could game me. In the cog if you mess up you might get a little scratch, but few times do I see players going off on long summoning chains that end in something broken ie laevateinn Ladd infinite combo. So I guess it depends on what you want, but. Personally if I want to play a slower game, I play magic.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Poseidon - Aug. 06, 2014

@thebladeruk yeah sure don't see why not
I really hate the current tcg meta, it didn't exactly do anything to stop lights worms which is all that I'm currently seeing at my card shop. It's come to the point where I've main decked ally star gazer I think it's called to sort f get around them, which is still a push.
On another hand, I wouldn't mind serif some harpies support soon, having most valley on two would be great! Some synchro support would also be nice.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Beiburēdo - Aug. 06, 2014

my yugioh collection monsters (all holo)

my collection (monsters) (mostly holos)

by the way there are two pages worth of photos

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - DrPepsidew - Aug. 07, 2014

Get ready for QLIPHOTHS AND SHADDOLLS. AND SOON TO BE TIER 1 NOBLE KNIGHTS

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - FeedFear - Aug. 07, 2014

Shadolls are awesome, a fusion deck that is still viable ( not counting e heros and neos) is pretty cool. Plus it has a really control based play style. And also don't forget about artifacts and sylvans especially the giga plant build. Drpepsidew I knew you were a man of many beverages, but not many hobbies.

(Aug. 06, 2014  7:53 PM)Poseidon Wrote: @thebladeruk yeah sure don't see why not
I really hate the current tcg meta, it didn't exactly do anything to stop lights worms which is all that I'm currently seeing at my card shop. It's come to the point where I've main decked ally star gazer I think it's called to sort f get around them, which is still a push.
On another hand, I wouldn't mind serif some harpies support soon, having most valley on two would be great! Some synchro support would also be nice.

If you want to negate lightsworn, you should side a catastor or two. I run one in every deck as atleast a side option. You shouldn't be having a problem with the meta too much if you are siding correctly, and not just siding meta tech.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - 6 God - Aug. 07, 2014

(Aug. 07, 2014  5:02 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Get ready for QLIPHOTHS AND SHADDOLLS. AND SOON TO BE TIER 1 NOBLE KNIGHTS

Noble Knights will never be Tier 1 lol.

Can't wait for Burning Abyss to be released in TCG.