World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH (/Thread-NBA-Basketball-LOCKOUT-FINALLY-OVAH)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Jun. 16, 2014

SPURS BABY!!!

Leonard MVP.

I was watching the livestream and it was so emotional... Them feels...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jun. 26, 2014

So Spurs grab their 5th NBA title in 6 Finals appearances. Well done team, and if this is the end for Duncan, way to end a career...

Now, onto the big deal; Carmelo's opted out, LeBron's opted out, and the NBA Draft is coming up.

What do you guys think; Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, or someone else? Too bad Joel Embiid got injured. I would put him at number one instantly, but on my list, he's still there. Here's my top 5:

1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Jabari Parker
3. Joel Embiid
4. Donte Exum
5. Noah Vonleh

Reason for Embiid at 3? Philly has 3rd and 10th pick. Take Embiid for value when he gets healthy, and take a chance at another possible prodigy (Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart, Julius Randle, Doug McDermott, or whatever else floats their rapidly deflating rescue raft).

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Jun. 27, 2014

Well you were close.

Wiggins
Parker
Embiid
Aaron
Dante

Rondo might be headed out of Boston... Smart at 6 to Boston.
Randle to LA.

Randle should be interesting on LAL, hopefully he'll pull us out of the cellar of the WC.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jun. 27, 2014

I am disappointed Tyler Ennis was as low as he was, and it was an emotional night for P.J. Hairston, crying as he got picked by Miami.

Overall, good draft. Can't wait until next season, aside from Wiggins and Parker, I'm ready to see Doug McDermott, the good ol' Creighton boy, play for Chicago. I think if Chicago cant win the bid for Anthony or James, McDermott could take the Small forward position, right across from Boozer and right beside Noah. However, depending on if Anthony or Lebron is picked up, McDermott might not make the starting lineup...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jul. 05, 2014

McDermott should be fine, IMO. Boozer's getting the boot, which isn't shocking, so I guess Gibson is starting. I really hope that Chicago DOESN'T get Melo or LeBron, considering Melo's poor defensive ability and LeBron's snub of Chicago in 2010. Besides. Derrick Rose pretty much doesn't want anything to do with the man. I'd rather not spurn one superstar for another.

Meanwhile, Phoenix had a sneakily good draft. TJ Warren was the best pick for them in a while. If only he'd play defense. That said, I think this means that Bledsoe is out the door, and Dragic will be playing the PG position (like he was meant to) again. I still remember those monster 30+ point, 10+ assist games he had this year when Bledsoe was out. Once Bledsoe came back, the Suns slowed down a bit and started losing. (Not going to put the blame all on Bledsoe, but you've gotta be able to shoot to play for the Suns now. That offense is brutal on the break. Someone's taking a 3 if Dragic isn't going coast-to-coast.)

In case I have not made this clear, I think Dragic is a top 10 PG in the league, and possibly top 8.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Batavianblader - Jul. 05, 2014

Myself i am a fan of the Chicago Bulls for several reasons , My shoes (Nike Air Jordan) have the colors of the bulls and Michael jordan is one of my favorites

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Jul. 07, 2014

"Lakers are now frontrunners to sign Melo."

Well, idk to be happy or sad. Personally, a lineup like
PG: Isaiah/Marshall/Clarkson (trade Nash)
SG: Kobe/Young
SF: Melo/_____/_____
PF: Randle/Kelly/_____
C: Gasol/Sacre/_____

Would be cool. I don't like how we lost Meeks and Farmar though. Farmar even more cause he went to the Clippers. Melo hurry up and decide or else we'll run out of time to sign other free agents to make our bench.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 08, 2014

Nah, Kuji. I'm thinking despite Nash's murky future, he's still starting PG for LAL (if he isn't it's gotta be Farmar). Bryant's easy SG, Wesley Johnson at SF, Gasol at PF, and Chris Kaman at C. However, LAL better be prepared to pull in Randle or Jordan Hill, cause Gasol's not gonna be able to go any more than 25+ min on a regular occasion. That being said about Nash, if they do get Carmelo, go ahead and trade Nash for the cap room, move Farmar up, and put Melo in at SF.

I'd like to see what Milwaukee's gonna do with Parker. Is coach Kidd gonna think that he's good enough to pass Carlos Delfino and last year's #15 draft pick Giannis Antetokounmpo for the starting SF spot? I see Knight at PG, Mayo at SG, Ilyasova at PF, and Larry Sanders in the middle.

Also, I have no idea what the 76ers are thinking picking up Embiid when they already have Nerlens Noel (unless they plan to dump Noel on the bench or trade him ASAP when Embiid gets healthy). Maybe work on rotating Embiid and Noel for a center tandem? I don't know. I just know MCW is gonna be the go-to guy yet again.

Spurs can look forward to Tim Duncan hanging around another year. He's still starting PF, but he's not gonna be able to keep up the 30+ min for more than 5 games. Besides, Greg Poppy like's to switch em around evenly. give Diaw some time and give some more time to Bonner. I see T. Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, Splitter as starting 5. Diaw gets more time, Ginobili as 6th man, Patty Mills gets some more time.

Also, Mavs are looking good. They might make a better run this time. They got Tyson Chandler back and Dirk's looking good to compete. Harris, Ellis, Marion, Dirk and Chandler is the easy 5. I see Felton, Carter, and Blair also contributing a bit sometime this next season.

Now, the big deal. Cleveland, trying to bid for Lebron and incorporate Wiggins. If LeBron goes back to Cleveland, minus well toss Deng back on the bench and give Lebron his 40+ he usually plays. With that, they could go Irving, Wiggins, James, Thompson, Verajao for the starting 5. If they dont get Bron, just put Deng back. But please, for crying out loud, Cleveland, give Bennett more play time! You're wasting one of your 3 #1 picks. He's not gonna grow if you keep him on the bench. You didn't do that with Irving, and you're sure as hell not gonna do it with Wiggins. Get on that!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Jul. 08, 2014

If we're healthy,
PG: Nash/Marshall/Clarkson
SG: Kobe/Nick
SF: Wes (Melo would be nice)
PF: Randle/Kelly (whoever plays better. Another, experienced PF with these two coming off the bench would be fine)
C: Pau/Sacre (he's more of a center than a PF IMO, he thrives off the low block)

For a starting lineup, that would be awesome, ONLY if Nash is healthy.
Oh, and Farmar left...? Clippers, two year deal. Meeks went to the Pistons, and Kaman is on the Trailblazers... Troll much? xD

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 09, 2014

Huh. Didn't know. That's what it said on espn's website when I posted it. Oh well...

Well, saying goodbye to Danny Granger. He and Josh McRoberts confirmed they're going to Miami. Also, apparently LaMarcus Aldridge has the max budget bug too. He wants that from Portland.

God, if I was in control of every sport, the max that I will pay to anybody is 1 million...

...and then every sports player riots in the streets claiming they're underpaid, and everybody in the world stops playing sports and goes to playing video games on their PC. XD

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Jul. 09, 2014

Facebook and Twitter updates FTW then.

Cavs have been making BIG moves to get Bron.

They dumped lots of players recently. J Jack most notably (IMO).

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 10, 2014

Yep. Goin for a 3 way trade to get more cap room. Even if they cant lure LeBron, they're also eyeing Mike Miller and Ray Allen.

Also, the Mavs got a good signing getting Chandler Parsons. Woo!

I'll have put up another team-by-team analysis soon with how everything's been going....

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jul. 10, 2014

Check this out.

http://dimemag.com/2014/07/chris-sheridan-lebron-james-cleveland-decision-made/

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 10, 2014

Still up in the air, though. It said clearly, no definitive decision has been reached.

God, I wish LeBron would actually go to most of these meetings himself. If he really wanted to make "the" decision, he'd meet with some of these teams, and not have his agent do it for him. Regardless of where he goes, Imma hate him. I may like another player on the team, but not him.

In other news, Marcin Gortat has signed with the Wizards, calling it the "best day of his life". We'll see. Kyle Lowry's resigned with Toronto in a multiyear deal, Trailblazers got Blake on a 2 year deal, and Udrih resigned with the Grizzlies. Out of all that, I'm interested to see the Suns center play in Washington with Porter, Beal, and Wall...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jul. 11, 2014

It's been a busy offseason. I think people haven't mentioned Gordon Hayward going to Charlotte enough. I think it's a great move. They need some outside shooting, which Hayward definitely provides. I like that signing in particular.

I doubt LeBron's staying in Miami. Otherwise, Bosh has no reason to talk with Houston. And if Houston didn't think they had Bosh, then why let Parsons walk? It makes no sense. There's something up in Houston, with the Lin drama and Parsons' contract. (There's no way in hell they are willing to snub Lin the way they have by putting Melo in it unless they had a Plan B set in stone. No GM-coach tandem is THAT stupid.)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Jul. 11, 2014

Well the Laker's bench is gonna be non-existent at this rate. Bah.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 11, 2014

This offeason has been pretty eventful. It's kinda ridiculous. It's ridiculous. Just 11 months ago, Gortat was in Phoenix, Parsons was in Houston, and, and, and, and Blurrrrrrrrrrgh...

I want to make an evaluwation of the teams, but I gotta wait until all of this calms down...

So it's official guys; Lebron has made "The" decision to go back to Cleveland and play for the Cavs.

THis is gonna be interesting, because that guarantees to put Luol Deng back on the bench as LeBron wil ltake over the SF spot. Irving's staying at Point, Thompson's gonna be the C (unless he goes PF, where Verajao will be C). Gee's good, but not starter worthy IMO. Wiggins will start, and Waiters will be 2nd in line. If I had to predict, I see Irving, Wiggins, James, Thompson, Verajao, but if Thompson is Center, then Luol may stay a starter at PF.

I'm kinda confused why Cleveland didn't search for 1 or 2 more PF's or C's. They have like 7 shooting guards. You could surely trade away Hopson and Belladova easily for a PF or C, even if it's a low quality PF or C.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - LMAO - Jul. 11, 2014

I can't believe this.

Cleveland is going to win it next year Unhappy

Most likely if they want to have a speed starting line up, they'll move LeBron to PF, and have Wiggins play SG and Waiters play SF.

Kyrie and Lebron is a scary duo.

I would think that a good way is to just keep it as the predicted lineup of Irving, Wiggins, James, Thompson and Verajao. There is still talk of trying to get Kevin Love into the lineup. If that's the case, that'll put him in the starting lineup, knock Verajao off, and Thompson and Love will share PF and C, so this may not be the only big thing Cleveland does...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jul. 13, 2014

I wonder if LeBron would be fine with not having Verajao, though. I mean, he was one of the few holdovers from his first stint in Cleveland. Without Verajao, I doubt he goes back. Regardless, I am not sure how I feel about the move. I'm not angry about it. But I don't know how indifferent I should be. Sure, the East got shaken up. But the East is weak, anyway. But dat LeBron essay, doe. It was pretty good, and pretty honest. At least the "rings" thing is dead. (But why a 2-year contract?)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 13, 2014

I'm also intrigued with Paul Pierce going to Washington. Not a move I expected, but I can see how they need an old head. 2 years is quite odd too, but I can see that they may want cap space to hunt down other people.

From what I'm seeing though, the East is gonna be far more interesting than the West when it comes to East v East matches, but the West is still gonna be more competitive, IMO. West has too many people that can make conference finals (Spurs, OKC, Warriors, and a few I cant remember). The eats will probably have better record teams, but also worse record teams. West will stay fairly close in the spectrum.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jul. 13, 2014

O it looks like Camelo and Bosh are staying with their teams.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jul. 14, 2014

Prepare for yet another year of teams with 48 wins missing the playoffs, while a team below .500 makes it in the East. Le sigh. It's mostly because the talent, while it is spreading, is still concentrated in the East. The West has each competitive team with at LEAST one star. (Or All-Star.) Even the 9 seed usually has one.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jul. 14, 2014

Yup. The east is very weak, cause their talent is basically with only half of the teams, whereas almost every team in the west has 1 player, like Temp said (Hell, A Denver team with a better Ty Lawson and J.J. Hickson finished with a 36-46, and even Utah, last place in the west with a 25-57, beat the 4 lowest teams in the east.) Once again, West is gonna be a competition between 9 or 10 +.500 teams. I think an east team will get the best NBA record this season (gut feeling), but the east is still gonna be a wreck, and the west will have a challenge.

In the West, San Antonio will claim 1 seed once again by 1 game over OKC, LAC's in, Houston's in, Golden State will play much better and enter, Dallas returns once again (thanks to Chandler's return), unsure about Portland and Memphis, but I can see Denver getting kinda close to contention, too.

As for the East, despite the Talent in Cleveland, I don't think they'll take the conference. Chicago gets it, Cleveland 2nd, Washington will qualify again, Toronto returns, Indy returns too, but not as a top team (1 seed was quite a fluke for a team that chokes in the 4th). Charlotte returns, New York will make it. Miami returns thanks to getting Bosh and Deng, but much lower. I dont think Brooklyn or Atlanta will make it. I see Detroit waking up and going, and (dunno why I'm saying this) Philly's gonna surprise us. I think if Noel can keep healthy and MCW can perform how he did in the 1st game of the season on a semi-regular basis, they can go far.