World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH (/Thread-NBA-Basketball-LOCKOUT-FINALLY-OVAH)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 06, 2013

So all of the games had some interesting stuff last night:

Miami 104-95 Toronto
So Miami got their head out of their butt and moved up to 3-2. James still talks too much (just like everybody else) with his 35 pts (most on the night). Wade had 20, and Allen had 14. DeMar DeRozan had 21 for Toronto. Jonas Valanciunas had 18.

Utah 88-104 Brooklyn
Despite Hayward's 22 and Enes Kanter's 21, Brooklyn was too dominant. Lopez shined with 27, then 5 players got 10+ points (54 total). Nice to see players like Joe Johnson and Deron Williams stepping up.

Charlotte 102-97 New York
UConn product Kemba Walker helped Charlotte squeak by New York with 25 points. Of all of the rookies, I like him most. Henderson also got 18. Carmelo produced though. 32 for New York.

Phoenix 104-98 New Orleans
Bledsoe produced 25 for Phoenix in the win. Green produced 18, and the Morris brothers put up 33 combined. Meanwhile, the Hornets--I mean, Pelicans, Didn't get too much going aside from Eric Gordon (20 pts). I'm interested in this Viacheslav Kravtsov guy. I hope he gets more play time in the future...

LAL 104-123 Dallas
Only Nick Young produced for LAL with 21. Henry barely made an impact. Meanwhile, Monta Ellis got 30 for Dallas, and Jae Crowder got 18.

San Antonio 102-94 Denver
Tony Parker put up 25 for San Antonio. Duncan also put up 17. Only 4 players on the Spurs put up more than 10 pts (Parker/Duncan/Leonard/Splitter). Ty Lawson kept Denver in it with 20, Faried had 15, and 3 players had 11 each.

Houston 116-101 Portland
James Harden and that beard of his did great again. 33 for him, and how about Superman? 29 for him, along with 13 rebounds (9 on defense). Lilliard and Aldridge scored 43 combined for Portland.

Atlanta 105-100 Sacramento
Horford put up 27 for Atlanta, and Millsap had 25, too. Isaiah Thomas had 26 in the contest for the Kings.

Indiana 99-91 Detroit
Paul George shined again. 31 for him. Hibbert contributed more than usual, but still not a lot. Detroit's Brandon Jennings did good too with 17. 16 for Smith, too.

So tonight, the Wizards-Sixers games has my attention. So does Warriors-Timberwolves. I think the big game, however, is Bulls-Pacers. That oughta be fun. Paul George and Lance Stephenson VS Derrick Rose and Luol Deng.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Nov. 08, 2013

LAKERS BEAT THE ROCKETS 99 - 98!!!

BLAKE MAMBA WITH THE CLUTCH GAME-WINNING 3!!!

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Nov. 09, 2013

I thought that was pretty cool, too!!

As a matter of fact, all three games were pretty cool. Mainly, Miami and LAC. Finally, James wasn't the high scorer on the game. Wade was, with 29.

Now, I think Indy's gonna stay undefeated against Toronto, but the game I'm looking forward to is Dallas and Minnesota. Two big guys (Novitzki and Love) facing off. That oughta be good.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Nov. 28, 2013

Pretty high on the Suns and T-Wolves right now. Both have playoff rosters. Goran Dragic is turning into a pretty good replacement for Nash. He just had 31 points and 10 assists yesterday, so it looks like he's developing well. Between him, Green, Bledsoe when he's healthy, Alex Len when he's healthy, and the Morris Brothers, the Suns have a really good roster. The biggest blemish? ISH SMITH. A shoot-first headcase of a guard that not even New York could handle. Archie Goodwin is pretty good, though. They're on the court at the same time a lot, so it balances out usually. (Unless Smith goes 0-7, like he seems to enjoy doing.)

As for the Wolves, I'm shocked. Rubio and Barea together have been a major sparkplug, and the scoring has been superb. They've taken their lumps against great teams, but Pekovic, Love, Martin and Rubio have proven to be a really good combo. Throw in Barea at the 2 when the Wolves go small, and they become one of the best offensive teams in the league. I would look for Chase Budinger to come back and make a huge impact later in the season. Alexey Shved and Shabazz Muhammad need to step it up off the bench, though, if the Wolves want to go deep into the playoffs.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Nov. 30, 2013

Welcome back Temp~

I'm really glad that the Lakers are finally back over .500, if we can just stay in that range...

On that note, Kobe should be playing again soon, any thoughts on that?

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 07, 2013

I worry. His knee is probably healthier than Rose's. I'd compare it more to Westbrook's recovery.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - The Bishop - Dec. 07, 2013

(Nov. 30, 2013  12:49 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Welcome back Temp~

I'm really glad that the Lakers are finally back over .500, if we can just stay in that range...

On that note, Kobe should be playing again soon, any thoughts on that?

Did you see how much they offered him to come back... O.O

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 07, 2013

I found that pretty outrageous, too...

Wade's now battling knee issues, and that could make Miami trade if they have to, since Wade is really the only star that has been consistent enough in the spot...

Last night's results have me wondering what's goin on now...

-Philly got destroyed by Charlotte, and that Mr. Carter-Williams guy isn't so popular anymore now that Philly's 7-13.

-Despite the 4 point loss to Milwaukee, Washington really prospered thanks to their vet from Kentucky, John Wall. 30 points for him this game. Their 9-10 record is showing that they have what it takes to be playoff-worthy, but they are either blowing easy games, or the other teams did better.

-Orlando went doen in a 38-point loss to NYK, and Carmelo Anthony didn't even score that much. The problem was that Affallo was the only big contributor in the game, and we know you can't always rely on one guy for your wins.

-Atlanta's lookin good after a 19-point win against Cleveland, despite Waiters getting 30 points. Horford looks kinda interesting now...

-Boston finally woke up after a 106-98 win over Denver. Crawford had 22, going 9 for 13 from the floor. Boston, thanks to that win, now leads the Atlantic Division by 1.5 games over Philly...

-What can I say? Houston's a team to beat thanks to the wonderful beard of James Harden. Another 30+ game. Curry did good, though. The Duke grad managed 22 in the contest. Despite Houston domination, they still trail the Spurs by 2.5 games.

-Durant once again at the top of the scoreboard with 29 in another win for OKC, this time against the Hornet-- I mean, Pelicans.

-Phoenix living well with a win over Toronto. They're now 11-9.

-Devastation from Portland yesterday. The now 17-3 Blazers destroyed last place Utah by 32 points. Matthews delivered 24 and went 8 for 11. The win keeps Portland ahead of OKC in the Northwest division by 2 games.

-And finally, the Lakers. *sigh* Welp, good job, LAL, you won another game against a 4-13 Sacramento. Good for you, beating a team that was failing in the first place. Well done. (so sarcastic) Seriously though, Pau right now is the only thing LAL has going for em as they continue to lose close games. Pau, Blake, and Farmar aren't gonna cut it for ya. You need something else... Liiiiiiiiike... A not-so-greedy and cocky Kobe Bryant. Who knows, maybe he'll actually tally some assists...

I'm looking forward to seeing Miami and Minnesota play today. Big 3 against a powerful Kevin Love.

However, the game I'm really looking forward to is Indy and San Antonio. A 17-2 Indy isn't phased at all by 2 losses, and Paul George, Lance Stephenson, and finally, Roy Hibbert are ready to make an impact. However, a 15-3 San Antonio team led by Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, have players like Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter reayd to land an impact. Who wins? We know how bad my predictions are, but I say 99-103 to SA.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Kujikato - Dec. 07, 2013

I'm sick of my Lakers, play some real ball.

Kobe has to modify his game to help the Lakers, we won't go too far on a solo type Kobe. Please Kobe?

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Mar. 30, 2014

I'm reviving this for the pure purpose that the season is winding down and playoffs are getting set.

My new favorite team, Indiana (52-21), is leading the east by 2 games over Miami (49-22), and both are guaranteed Division winners. Toronto (surprisingly) has 3rd, and Chicago has 4th, and they have clinched playoffs. Next 4 are Brooklyn (still aged), Washington (wow), Charlotte (WOW), and Atlanta (BIG WOW).New York is slightly out. Boston with their recovering young team is low, Detroit is low. That's scary...

Meanwhile in the west, San Antonio and OKC are in the playoffs, with SA leading by 3 games, followed by LAC, Houston, Portland, GS, Phoenix, and Memphis (by a 1/2 game over Dallas).

Record-wise, looks like West's got this one this year. All of their top 8 teams hold winning records (SA and OKC are both beating Indy in the W-L column). Indy and Miami are in real trouble unless they can get wins on the road. Indy's 34-4 at home. They're fine there, and Miami's 28-6. If East is gonna have a chance this year, road wins will be the factor (seriously! the next 4 lowest, Dallas, Minnesota, NO, and Denver all have better records than current 8-seed Atlanta!)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jun. 05, 2014

Are people going to be watching the finals? I honestly think the Spurs are going to pull through with Tim Duncan, but I want LeBron to lead the Heat to win, because I'm a diehard LEBRON Fan. Will Tony Parker be playing, because if not than the Heat have it, but if he is then I'll be on the side of Spurs winning. Either way I think it will go to a Game 7. What are your thoughts on it?

Also what about Lebron's Free Agency plan? In an interview with his wife, they said they love there house in Miami and they plan to stay. I say if the Heat lose than LeBron isn't dumb and won't stay with the Heat especially with the chances that the Big 3 (Wade, Bosh, and LeBron) will split.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - *Ginga* - Jun. 05, 2014

I have money bet on the Heat. They need to win.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Tri - Jun. 05, 2014

I'm hoping for the best for the championships. A "3-peat" championship would be really cool for Miami. I'm not a Miami fan, mostly because I'm a rebel and like most west teams for some reason haha, but I would love to see them win. I don't expect a game 7. I really only expect maybe 5 or 6 to be honest. I'd love to see Bosh shine once again since his amazing performance against Indiana.

On the subject of Indiana, am I the only one who laughed at Lance Stephenson the whole time? Haha!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jun. 05, 2014

(Jun. 05, 2014  3:24 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: I have money bet on the Heat. They need to win.
So have I so let's hope LeBron flexes his muscles. The Spurs have really been going good this year going 62-20, while the Heat going 54-28. Pretty big margin between them, but the is the Heat, and you know what they do.

(Jun. 05, 2014  3:30 AM)Tr! Wrote: I'm hoping for the best for the championships. A "3-peat" championship would be really cool for Miami. I'm not a Miami fan, mostly because I'm a rebel and like most west teams for some reason haha, but I would love to see them win. I don't expect a game 7. I really only expect maybe 5 or 6 to be honest. I'd love to see Bosh shine wants again since his amazing performance against Indiana.

On the subject of Indiana, am I the only one who laughed at Lance Stephenson the whole time? Haha!
I though he was having a mental breakdown. He was acting really weird, but why? Guess it payed off by distracting LeBron. Gotta play dirty against the OP players.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jun. 05, 2014

Quite frankly, I think Bosh is going to be downright abused down low by any C or PF on the Spurs not named Bonner. Which is a dealbreaker, given the Spurs have ways of killing pace teams. No way the Heat force the Spurs to play at their tempo for four games to win, so I'm going Spurs in 6. (I don't think LeBron is good enough to carry a really bad bench after the way they've played. The East is filled with top-heavy teams with terrible benches. The Heat are not prepared for that second unit. Therefore, I see the Spurs taking every single home game they play, and one in Miami.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jun. 05, 2014

Well, given my view of the situation, I think this'll end up just like last time, Heat winning in 7, with every home game going to Miami. Dammit. I hate the team as a whole because they win so much. I mean, they have good players and all (I mean, James is putting up an easy 20 a game), but they boast it all too much, and at this pace, if Miami wins again, it may just end up as a streak of championships for Miami. I actually had a dream that Miami won every game in the playoffs after getting 1st seed with a 73-9 record, and swept every match against Brooklyn (1st round), Chicago (2nd), Indiana (semis), and OKC. Course, That can't possibly happen...yet...

Hopefully, Poppovich doesn't decide to bench Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili right as James is hot like he did last time, and I really hope that Splitter plays aggressive down low, because out of all those guys, Bosh is who I hate the most.

Still, my burning love for Ray Allen's 3-pt shooting is killing me, wanting to see how many points for the Heat he can get each game. However, just seeing him in a Miami jersey...

*shudders*

But on RagerBlade's discussion of if LeBron's staying, Lebron's wife is a huge liar. It's not because of the house they are living in or how beautiful Miami is, It's the fact he's getting 19 million a year to play for Miami, and trust me, signing with any team at this point, that number is only gonna get higher. Cleveland is still trying to get their power plan going to offer Lebron a higher contract salary than Miami, and if he goes back to Cleveland, three things will happen; Cleveland will go ecstatic, Miami will burn Lebron's jersey, and most likely, there will be a flock of people moving from Miami to Cleveland to stay with the Lebron posse. Sorry Cavs, cut your losses and get the most out of Irving and Bennett as you can. Lebron's not going back.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jun. 06, 2014

So far, the Heat's bench has played to expectation: poorly. While this hasn't resulted in a large lead, but that has meant the starters have played much of the first half.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Ryukiba - Jun. 06, 2014

Yeah! The Spurs won!!Grin 110-95!!GrinGrin

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jun. 06, 2014

(Jun. 06, 2014  5:45 AM)ryukiba Wrote: Yeah! The Spurs won!!Grin 110-95!!GrinGrin
Damn Ginobli was on fire! Like he always is.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - OwnageDerp - Jun. 06, 2014

As a Heat fan, I'm pretty dissapointed they lost. Next game... Just wait. (I hope)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jun. 07, 2014

(Jun. 06, 2014  5:50 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: As a Heat fan, I'm pretty dissapointed they lost. Next game... Just wait. (I hope)
It was mostly, because of LeBron's dehydration and his cramps, or it could be an excuse, but so doubt it since it was a 2-point game when he left.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - OwnageDerp - Jun. 07, 2014

Also, the broken air conditioners, it crippled LeBron more than anyone, and everyone was overheated from the near 90 degree arena.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jun. 07, 2014

Oh, well's that, Ownage, is just because LeBron's too "unadapted" to hot weather. Damn, he's such a baby.

If you're gonna be one of the all time best, you have to adapt to everything. If the AC or Heaters go out, you need to be able to play like that. That's why San Antonio won by 15 in Game 1; They're well-adapted to hot temps in the building. Hell, San Antonio could just turn off the AC and sweep Miami for the title at this pace.

Sure, the fans thought it was hot, but you could see that San Antonio wasn't too far affected by it, and Miami, a city where it could be just as hot at home, wasn't playing well because they didn't have the "pristine, perfect conditions" to play well in. Lebron's being a big baby, and is just asking for TV attention at this point. He's perfectly fine. A few IV's and he's walking around in beats and flip flops, as good as ever. That's just proof that Lebron wants media on him. We was fine.

Now, if San Antonio wants to keep their advantage, they need to not expect Lebron to be "cramping" like last game. I wanna see more of Splitter this game. I saw Diaw and Duncan enough. Get some time to squeeze Splitter in somewhere.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jun. 07, 2014

I feel like next game will go much the same way. Rather than cramps, however, the Heat will be forced to monitor minutes for their stars so they don't play 45 minutes a game and get worn out. In that case, leaving Chalmers on the floor without both Bosh AND James is a recipe for disaster. I expect more late turnovers turning a small lead into a huge one at an inopportune time. Chalmers has a habit of collapsing when he needs to step up, which kinda makes sense (and is ironic, given that his entire career is thanks to beating Derrick Rose in college).

As for Splitter, he can abuse any PF the Heat have, really. Except for MAYBE Bosh. But he should downright kill Battier and his merry band of role players. The only issue is that he gets stranded against small forwards a LOT for someone his size.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - RagerBlade - Jun. 09, 2014

15 mins till Game 2. I predict the Heat winning this one, just playing way too hard and winning I, but losing game 3 because of the way they play today. Then losing Game 4 as well. Then after that winning another one to lose in Game 6. I hope my theory fails!