World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH (/Thread-NBA-Basketball-LOCKOUT-FINALLY-OVAH)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 23, 2011

Game before that. Boston squeaks it by one. Besides, winning by 8 isn't great. Look at OKC. They out-ran a much better team than Boston did. If they play the way they did against Toronto with even Atlanta, they'd lose quite miserably. A sweep, even. Yeah, it IS the preseason, and that lets them off the hook for the bad play. But I can't see a championship.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 23, 2011

...You know,I'm gonna do what I did with the NFL teams right here, so here it goes.

Celtics: My personal favorite team. Sure they're old, but hey, they can still play, and they just got 2 promising rookies.
Nets: *Insert Negative Compliment Here*
Knicks: Amar'e and Carmelo's all they got. MAYBE Bibby.
76ers: Brand is good and all, but we need anothe-- OH, wait, we got Andre Igoudala!
Raptors: *Insert Unamused Face Here*
Bulls: Rose, Noah, Deng, Scalibrine, Boozer, Hamilton. 6 All-Stars.
Cavaliers: Who's still there? Verajao, Gibson, and a fresh Kyrie Irving.
Pistons: Still with Stuckey and Prince, Jason Maxiell, Ben Wallace, Charlie Villanueva, and BEN GORDON. GOTTA PLAYOFF THIS TIME!
Pacers: Only one player. *couchHansboroughcough* (I don't even know if I spelled it right.)
Bucks: Bogut? Dunleavy? Udrih? Nah. Jennings? Eh 50/50.
Atlanta: Who?
Bobcats: *Same as above*
Heat: Wade and James ain't gonna get it...
Magic: CAN'T STAND THEM!!! But they got Howard, Glen, and Turkoglu...
Wizards: See "Atlanta".
Warriors: *Same as above*
Clippers: I like em now that they got CP3, Griffin and Mo.
Lakers: Do not mention that team ever again in your existence. They are the #1 I most hate.
Suns: NASH.
Kings: I like your name, but I don't like your players.
Mavericks: DO IT AGAIN, DO IT AGAIN!!
Rockets: .___.Well, I'm still not picking the Nuggets...
Grizzlies: Your best player is named after a food, and you want me to pick them? XD
Hornets: With Paul gone, that leaves Ariza and Landry. Who will win Survivor: New Orleans?
Spurs: Duncan, Duncan, Duncan Donuts. Win the West, Win the West.
Nuggets: Better as a food I like to eat, not as a basketball team.
Timberwolves: *shakes head*
Thunder: Sure, Durant, Westbrook, Robinson, Perkins, SOME OF THEIR LIFELINE IS BOSTON!!
Trailblazers: They don't exist.
Jazz: Ahahahaha....hahaha...hehehehe...he.....eh.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 24, 2011

Don't be so hard on the Grizz. They earn every last win they get by grinding it out in the hole.

Also: Anthony Davis in Kentucky? He's skinny, but I can see him playing in Toronto. He used to go to my school, and he's damn near 7 feet tall. He's used to the cold, used to play guard, still has a jumper, can play in the hole, and has a larger wingspan than...Yao Ming? Geezums. My only issue with the guy? That unibrow. Whoa.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 27, 2011

Am I the only person who saw the Bulls-lakers game? THAT was epic. D-Rose, MVP again. Luol Deng also had a last-secong block and a steal that led to a bucket that cut LA's lead to 1. He also took in a Joakim Noah steal. And he poked away a ball that led to an OoB call, but prevented Kobe from getting off a shot. Those two were instrumental in coming back from down 9 with a minute to play.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 27, 2011

I saw it, and I liked what I saw. Rose has GOTTA get MVP again. I was especially looking forward to Rose, Noah, and Luol the most in this game. They delivered.

Despite a big win in LAL, they lose by 8 to Golden State Warriors. I'm impressed and disappointed.

Along with that, I saw:
-Spurs by 13 over MEMPHIS Grin
-A surprising New Orleans win over Phoenix by 1.
-Denver smashing Dallas by 22.
-Portland beating Philly.
-And LAL going down again to Sacramento.

I'm already looking forward to how it's gonna end up.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 27, 2011

I can see why. That LA game would tire out ANYONE. That's the main issue with the shortened season. Lots of back-to-backs, and a few back-to-back-to-backs.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 27, 2011

Exactly. Each team will not only have to rely on attacking, but stamina and defense as well. Each team should work like a beyblade, but instead of having one trait, they should have em all.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 28, 2011

It has only been two games, and as we saw last year with the Spurs' 22-0 start culminating with a playoffs fizzle and a last-few-weeks concession of the best NBA record, things change VERY quickly in sports.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 28, 2011

Alongside with that, with teams getting more active with back-2-back games and being more fatigued, it also increases the injury chances. Nobody is safe from injuries. Not Howard, Not Paul, Not Rose, Not nobody! So if somebody loses a valuable player (i.e. Durant goes out for a little with a pulled hamstring), a team could collapse, and it could be a right-there-out-of-the-blue moment.

[On an unrelated topic, have you noticed that only you and I are the only ones posting on here recently? XD]

The same thing happened with the NFL thread for a while. As for injuries, so many teams rely on 1 player. Can the Bulls win a ring without D-Rose? Hell no. Could they make the playoffs? Definitely. That's the deepest team in the East. (Their bench plays better D that the starters! The starters get the lead, the Bench Mob protects it.) The Mavs HAD the best bench, but not anymore. (If you can't shoot, don't even think about getting Dallas to sign ya. 3s or bust, baby! Kinda like VCU last year!)

I know. I'm not saying they're totally screwed if a team loses a valuable player. They got plenty of people to back them up. However, they need to cope and set up their other players to challenge other stronger teams.

Oh, I knew that. I was just pointing out which teams were deep enough to survive a major injury. The Bulls went 15 games without Boozer, and another 30 without Joakim Noah, and still had 62 wins. On the other hand, Brian Cardinal hit some major threes off the bench at center for the Mavs. The Clippers need their starters, as does the Lakers.

Clippers can't afford to lose ANY players, especially Griffin and CP3. LAC has more potential this season now that they have an all-star lineup. I never liked the Clippers until this year when they got Paul. However, this is a new move and a new addition, so they need to be more careful in case the other teams get desperate and try to weaken them.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - ƛnubis - Dec. 30, 2011

The Boston Oldies are 0-3....YAY....Magic are not doing that well either/... -sadface-

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - BeybladeStation - Dec. 30, 2011

Bulls barely beat Lakers; woohoo.

Man, Rose did not do as well as I thought and Kobe was not so good with his wrist..

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - ƛnubis - Dec. 30, 2011

Well he is injured..should at least stall the Lakers full presence. But Lakers are not that good anyway so...yeah...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 30, 2011

Man, Boston's 0-3. They need to get a roll on, NOW!!!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - BeybladeStation - Jan. 01, 2012

I never expected the Pistons to win anyway, Pierce did great even with his injury!

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 01, 2012

(Jan. 01, 2012  7:41 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I never expected the Pistons to win anyway, Pierce did great even with his injury!

I'm just glad Boston got a win against SOMEBODY.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jan. 03, 2012

Seems that yesterday was the time for blowouts, huh? And Ricky Rubio beat Dallas? Weird.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 03, 2012

Looks like Boston got Washington. Grin And Detroit got Orlando? Cool! I knew Detroit could do it, and at 89-78 too? Even better!

Also, Milwaukee and Denver are tied 48-48 at halftime...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - ƛnubis - Jan. 03, 2012

Okay 4-2 not as bad as -points to a piece of poop representing the Boston Oldies- They are not good...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Jan. 05, 2012

Oooh yeah, another easy 89-70 win for Boston!! And Toronto by 15 over Cleveland...

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Jan. 05, 2012

And yet the Bulls have the best record out of all of 'em. OKC fell to Dallas, the Bulls rally and beat ATL on 32 4th quarter points (And only 76 total ones.), and the Minnesota Ricky Rubios fall to a now-heated Grizzlies team. I like Ricky Rubio. He might be the best NBA passer this year. (Magic level? Not yet, but he COULD get there, given the lack of spectacular passing in this era.)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Fury - Jan. 05, 2012

Bulls win AGAIN. GO BULLS! there playing great this year and the heat and lebron are over-rated.