World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Building my own stadium - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Building my own stadium (/Thread-Building-my-own-stadium)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Building my own stadium - Blue - Aug. 25, 2008

Anubis 1st post is on the money, thats how Ive thought of doing it too.

Imo i use wood for the first time, with an epoxy/laquer finish and then buff it.
Trick is making the surface as hard/soft as the abs plastic of blades. shock absorbing is a big deal, launching is where the most damage could occur to the tip.

RE: Building my own stadium - Nic - Aug. 26, 2008

If you're going to make from scratch, I would suggest something that can lathe. Maybe, find somewhere that you can borrow one, get a big piece of wood or something, bring it there and lathe it. Just make sure you polish/buff it nicely and varnish over, or some other method to protect it. To be honest, I'm not confident in varnish's ability to resist denting. Metal would probably be a little harder to work with evenly, unless you could find something that was approximately the right shape to start off with. I always wanted to try it using a wok, just that I want the wok to cook my stuff too.

RE: Building my own stadium - ChozenBlader - Aug. 26, 2008

Wok's are a very good alternative. And I agree, I don't think varnish would be dent-resistant.

RE: Building my own stadium - WiLdDeFeNdEr - Aug. 26, 2008

woks are a good alternative although it can be hard to find a perfectly domed one, most are flattened slightly in the centre, but woks also do where down plastic and metals tips alot faster than a plastic stadium, and because most are pretty steeply slopped, alot of attack blades can just grind right over the side on initial launch.

RE: Building my own stadium - ChozenBlader - Aug. 26, 2008

You can get wider woks from the market

RE: Building my own stadium - Bey Brad - Aug. 26, 2008

IMO most woks are too steep to make good stadiums.

RE: Building my own stadium - James - Aug. 26, 2008

You can try and take a wok and flatten it a little bit though the metal WILL wear down the tips... the only other suggestions would be to do the Wok thing but find a vacum molder like they do for molds. That would give you a nice stadium with a good amount of slope.

RE: Building my own stadium - Rögnvaldur - Aug. 27, 2008

This may sound stupid but... What exactly is a Wok

EDIT:This was stupid because i found out it is a wok pan!!!

RE: Building my own stadium - James - Aug. 27, 2008

you know stir fry? well it's like half a globe almost perfectly round, maybe even a little flatter.

Yeah i found it out on my self just before you posted this. But thx anyway...Tongue_out_wink

RE: Building my own stadium - ChozenBlader - Aug. 27, 2008

(Aug. 26, 2008  8:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: IMO most woks are too steep to make good stadiums.

True, and they damage the tip, but for alternatives, I don't think they're that bad to be honest.

RE: Building my own stadium - rkayd - Aug. 27, 2008

HHMMMM... How big do you want the stadium?? that will help...Grin

From around the normal size of the plastic ones to the big ones you see on the show... Depends on cost...Tongue_out_wink

The middle sized ones will allow you to see more action during battles as the battle is confined to a slightly smaller area. I think middle sized ones are best.

Ok...Thanks for the advice...Tongue_out_wink

You're welcome, but remember, middle sized are my preference. You may prefer something else.

RE: Building my own stadium - Blaze Wheeler - Aug. 26, 2010

Was there ever results? I would like to see pics if so.

RE: Building my own stadium - Dan - Aug. 26, 2010

Obviously not if it hasn't been posted on for two years..
Useless Necro-post.