World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! (/Thread-METAL-FIGHT-BEYBLADE-It-s-here)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Kei - Aug. 30, 2008

Alright, I'll take a couple shots tomorrow.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Guardian Odin - Aug. 30, 2008

By my calculations, using the MFB Winder (assuming that it is the same as using a dragon winder, which it probably isn't [but I know it's similar]), the MFB shooter has around 60.6% of the power of the EZ Shooter. That's 40.4 percent less RPM. This is just a rough calculation. When I receive the shooters, I will find out what the more precise percentage is, but that's the most basic one.

40.4 percent less RPM. Incredible.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I'm not sure if I have it right. Doing calculations now. I suck at this.

EDIT: Okay, I have it now. Corrected.

Now I'll do HMS VS MFB.

MFB have 75.5% the power of HMS. That's 24.5% less power.

Keep in mind all of these are rough and based on the number of revolutions entailed in the wiki. I have to do more precise measurements to find out more precise percentages.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Bey Brad - Aug. 30, 2008

I don't think it quite works like that Evan. That would mean that plastics with a Dragon Winder spin faster than HMS with a G-Winder?

(Aug. 30, 2008  6:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think it quite works like that Evan. That would mean that plastics with a Dragon Winder spin faster than HMS with a G-Winder?

The shooters do. It doesn't mean the Beyblade does. The size of the Beyblade changes its RPM, quite easily. According to the article in Beywiki, an EZ Shooter with a dragon winder garners 6.6 revolutions while an Dual Shooter with its respective winder only garners 5.3. It is with a standard winder that an EZ Shooter reaches only 4.5. Whether the gear ratio is actually higher or lower I don't know because I do not have a Dual Shooter. To test that, we need to see how many turns we get out of a set length of winder and compare them. The change in revolutions may be partly or completely because the Dragon winder is longer than the G winder. I don't know if it's longer. Is it?

The shooter is faster but the RPM is believed to be lower still because of the size of the plastic Beyblades. Read the article Kei posted. Oh, and also, I think that the article should be fixed. Here...

* EZ Shooter (10 cogs) with Standard Winder: 4.5 full revolutions

* EZ Shooter (10 cogs) with Dragon Winder/Neo Dragon Winder: 6.6 full revolutions

They only have one cog, but that cog has ten teeth. It should say teeth, not cogs. (I just thought I'd mention offhand, I don't know if it's out of line to mention it here or not)

But does the size affect the maximum RPM? Isn't that dependent entirely on the shooter?

(Aug. 30, 2008  6:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: But does the size affect the maximum RPM? Isn't that dependent entirely on the shooter?

It will affect the max RPM when we shoot because we only have a limited time to build the force up. With a larger mass to spin, we cannot accelerate the mass to the same speed as a smaller mass in a short time. The smaller mass will spin faster because there is less resistance. This is why compacts spin faster than other Beyblades.

Also, I edited my post above, so make sure you got everything I put in. o-o

(Aug. 30, 2008  7:01 AM)Anubis Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2008  6:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: But does the size affect the maximum RPM? Isn't that dependent entirely on the shooter?

It will affect the max RPM when we shoot because we only have a limited time to build the force up. With a larger mass to spin, we cannot accelerate the mass to the same speed as a smaller mass in a short time. The smaller mass will spin faster because there is less resistance.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

(Aug. 30, 2008  7:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

It will affect the max RPM when we shoot because we only have a limited time to build the force up. With a larger mass to spin, we cannot accelerate the mass to the same speed as a smaller mass in a short time. The smaller mass will spin faster because there is less resistance.

No problem <3~

I don't know if a very large mass can reach the same RPM as a very small mass with the same power source with as much time as it needed to spin up. For example, a test run with a large motor. This is a question of physics that needs to be investigated. The key to that question was the short time we had to actually accelerate the mass!

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - WiLdDeFeNdEr - Aug. 30, 2008

i don't really see the wheels being only able to spin one way that badder thing, it'll mean that takara will have to create alot more wheels parts to compensate. and the more different parts created the betta the game will be.
And i think it's probably a good thing the wheels dint abit, they add a cool kinda rustic past battle appearance, and anyway if they didn't dent, theyd fracture(like the plastic blades)

P.S is someone able to post some pictures of how the mfbs connect to there launcher, i don't have mine yet and i can't see how the launcher is able to attach to the beyblade(just curious).

(Aug. 30, 2008  8:45 AM)WiLdDeFeNdEr Wrote: P.S is someone able to post some pictures of how the mfbs connect to there launcher, i don't have mine yet and i can't see how the launcher is able to attach to the beyblade(just curious).

[Image: large]

SOURCE: http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100071026808?page=1#1100071120751

After examining these pictures, I've determined that I don't think the MFB alloy is all that soft. I think they have a coating of some sort of material on the outside.

[Image: tipcomparisonjw1.jpg]

Look at the discoloration on the "dents" on Kei's Pegasis. When a metal is dented, it doesn't change color. Come to think of it, the MFBs seem to have a very nice satiny finish. It also seems to be brighter than die cast would normally be. I think it's a coating. Kei, please check your MFBs to see if they really are dented or rather just aesthetically damaged.

[Image: Sgtowheel_800x600.jpg]

Pay attention to the finish. Look at it, then look at the finish on an HMS blade. Look at the transitions between colors. I think it's a coating.

Kei, thoughts?

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Aikemi - Aug. 30, 2008

i know this is waaaay out there but is it possible to unscrew the part of the winder the mfb attaches to and attach it to an hms launcher? the blades are around the same size, as for launcher size comparisons i have no idea. but according to the revolutions thing Anubis did (thanks for doing that) the hms is the best so if we could do that we`d get far better performance out of the mfb. i know this is very farfetched but im not a "beytechnician" like you guys so i thought it would be better to ask you guys since you know every thing to know about beyblade and i dont
sorry for double-posting but perhaps you can switch out the cogs

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Sasch - Aug. 30, 2008

It's clear that the wheels have a coating. If you look closely enough, you see it's structure is similar to metallic shiny colors on cars.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Spinster - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It looks like a string and the "propeller" (lol) is the handle.

To me, it looks like a new variant on the old winder-less shooters. In the old version, you'd load the blade on and then ratchet the spring by twisting the blade widdershins. My suspicion is that "propeller" is the handle by which an internal spring is wound up.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - B - Aug. 30, 2008

Leo seems to have turned out well. so much more spin time than pegasus. its just faster and the wheel is better designed. now i just need to find a really cheap hms set XD i still dont have any hms that i can test mfb with

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Grey - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  12:04 PM)Anubis Wrote: After examining these pictures, I've determined that I don't think the MFB alloy is all that soft. I think they have a coating of some sort of material on the outside.

[Image: tipcomparisonjw1.jpg]

Look at the discoloration on the "dents" on Kei's Pegasis. When a metal is dented, it doesn't change color. Come to think of it, the MFBs seem to have a very nice satiny finish. It also seems to be brighter than die cast would normally be. I think it's a coating. Kei, please check your MFBs to see if they really are dented or rather just aesthetically damaged.

[Image: Sgtowheel_800x600.jpg]

Pay attention to the finish. Look at it, then look at the finish on an HMS blade. Look at the transitions between colors. I think it's a coating.

Kei, thoughts?
I'm not Kei, but whatev, I'll put my two cents in.

The coating thing came to mind a little while after I posted about the type of metal. Under the shiny coating, the metal seems to be the same color as an HMS AR after the coating has worn off.

I wonder if this was their intention. Like what with BT said, "It gives them that battle-scarred look", which is pretty street-oriented, just like the MFB design.

(Aug. 30, 2008  1:39 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: i know this is waaaay out there but is it possible to unscrew the part of the winder the mfb attaches to and attach it to an hms launcher? the blades are around the same size, as for launcher size comparisons i have no idea. but according to the revolutions thing Anubis did (thanks for doing that) the hms is the best so if we could do that we`d get far better performance out of the mfb. i know this is very farfetched but im not a "beytechnician" like you guys so i thought it would be better to ask you guys since you know every thing to know about beyblade and i dont
sorry for double-posting but perhaps you can switch out the cogs

You can't unscrew a winder. Wink

You could take the prongs off of both the HMS Dual Shooter and the MFB Shooter, but the prong apparatus on the MFB Shooter is rather big, probably too big for the Dual Shooter. Unhappy

I mentioned this in the Shooter Modification thread, btw.

Switching the cogs may work (i.e. switching EZ shooter's cogs with MFB's shooter, since MFB's is just a bigger version of EZ). I dunno, I don't know much about how the cogs work, exactly, other than that they line up with the teeth on the winder to make the Beyblade spin.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - James - Aug. 30, 2008

Well right now I'm debating between Leo and Pegasus. I'm not really sure which is better at the moment.

I Might get leo as my first blade simple because Leo is a Lion.

(Aug. 30, 2008  3:01 PM)James Wrote: Well right now I'm debating between Leo and Pegasus. I'm not really sure which is better at the moment.

I Might get leo as my first blade simple because Leo is a Lion.

Depends on if you prefer Defense or Offense, since Leo does a great job of Defense and Pegasis does a great job of Offense.

I don't recommend getting a Beyblade just because of something aesthetic like that. I ended up getting a lot of sucky beyblades when I was younger because they were all related to Driger (such as Hasbro Metal Driger and Driger V w/ Sharp Tip Unhappy ). Get the Beyblade based on performance.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Spinster - Aug. 30, 2008

Regarding the wheels only spinning in one direction:

Remember, this is a true reboot of the series. It's been almost 4 years since HMS stopped being made. The coinciding cartoon has no connection to the previous series, and the scoring system is totally different. Older players will remember, the original beyblades could only spin in one direction, and the attack rings were designed in such a way that they didn't fit onto left-spin Spin Gears when they came out, requiring players to use a spin switch technique that had... questionable legality in tourney play.

If this series keeps going, I suspect there will be generational upgrades as it progresses. Wheels with a "center" wall instead of a left or right oriented one, allowing for the change of spin direction using different shooters (instead of a switch out of the track).

As far as transposing the prongs to an HMS Dual Shooter, I don't have one next to me right now, but memory serves me fairly well, and the prong next for a Dual Shooter has a much smaller radius than the MFB shooter's prong-nest. Don't think it could happy.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Sasch - Aug. 30, 2008

We can't be sure if the wheels are only for spinning in right spin, since we haven't seen a left spin launcher yet. It might be fitting on the higher notches on the opposite site of the notches that are used with the right spin launchers.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Aikemi - Aug. 30, 2008

thanks for your answers Smile i have to admit, i was pretty curious to what you guys would say to my idea XD

(Aug. 30, 2008  3:16 PM)Sasch Wrote: We can't be sure if the wheels are only for spinning in right spin, since we haven't seen a left spin launcher yet. It might be fitting on the higher notches on the opposite site of the notches that are used with the right spin launchers.

...no, I'm pretty sure that the current Wheels are right-spin only. There's a wall on the opposite side of the notches, there's no way a left-spin Shooter could fit onto them. I don't see how it could work. :-/

btw, there are no "higher notches" that you speak of, unless I'm missing something that's staring me in the face.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - Nic - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  7:04 AM)Anubis Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2008  7:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

No problem <3~

I don't know if a very large mass can reach the same RPM as a very small mass with the same power source with as much time as it needed to spin up. For example, a test run with a large motor. This is a question of physics that needs to be investigated. The key to that question was the short time we had to actually accelerate the mass!

Don't forget to consider the resistance of the shooter as well, and the efficiency of the user's muscles. These are very variable variables.

Hmm you're saying if time isn't an issue, but both are using the same power source, can both reach the same maximum rpm? I would think a lighter one would reach a higher rpm, if assuming the air resistance is similar, if you deliver the same power to it, because of the smaller mass, it'll be easier to speed up and overcome resistance. But this is really unrealistic... except maybe in the MFB arcade game thing.

I'm feeling like there's something missing from this, but I'm half asleep now and don't feel like thinking too much into it.

(Aug. 30, 2008  3:00 PM)Grey Wrote: I wonder if this was their intention. Like what with BT said, "It gives them that battle-scarred look", which is pretty street-oriented, just like the MFB design.

As long as a company doesn't advertise this, that means they haven't thought that far into it and it was unintended.

I just got my MFBs, and I'm pissed because so far only my Bull booster has had any Quetz part in it at all and it was the Face. The other boosters have not included any extra parts at all.

EDIT: Aaaargh I just opened my Pegasus Booster and got another carp face

I guess this means that it really is random. There's more than a 50% chance that you won't get anything at all in your booster. If anyone gets an extra Quetz wheel, I'll buy it off of you.

And Nic, I'm saying that I'm not sure if they can both reach the same RPM with the same power source or not. I don't think they can either. I was just saying that I don't know.

RE: METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here! - B - Aug. 30, 2008

im gonna get a booster soon, not really sure which one though. and anubis, i really want that wheel too :c, why cant they just make a starter set for it!!!