World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+--- Thread: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general (/Thread-Thoughts-about-parts-Odd-combos-The-metagame-in-general)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Raigeko13 - Dec. 28, 2011

Sorry Sniper, but no matter the time, OR combo, M145 will always be bad. Uncertain I do like how you never give up in it though XD

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Polyow - Dec. 28, 2011

Well, I glued my M145, so that the track doesn't move (so it's always in the middle)
and it adds some weight.... :p

After trying a bit, it seemed pretty funny to play around with, along with some heavy attack wheels, etc..
Still, it won't ever be competitive Unhappy

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - th!nk - Dec. 28, 2011

One: illegally modified parts are completely irrelevant.

Two: R145 and GB145 add more weight, ch120 is more versatile, AD145 has a good weight distribution and stamina.

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Janstarblast - Dec. 28, 2011

For some odd reason, I didn't know such a thread even existed... Tongue_out
I'd be most happy to talk about my favorite tip- DS.
People think that its outclassed(yes, it is outclassed in reality), but it is still quite useful! Joyful_2
I mean, it is a D tip, but probably offers slightly better performance than a D tip.
I think it is perfect for TH170 and 230 Stamina combos, considering its resemblance to D. IMO, it also offers better stamina and Defense in comparison...
D is also not available that easily... DS on the other hand, comes with a bey which is kinda a must-buy(actually, it was a must buy..), so its not that problematic to get...
It may not surpass the performance of the current top tier Defense tips, but at least HTSC's can be something it can be used with... Any thoughts?

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - th!nk - Dec. 28, 2011

It still loses stamina matchups to D, so it isn't really that good a choice.

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Janstarblast - Dec. 28, 2011

Hm, it may not be THAT great, but as I have seen, it can handle attacks very well at times...
In stamina matchups, I really do not know what might be the cause of its loss, but as a Stamina tip, it is good enough...
I mean, WD can lose to B: D in Stamina matchups. But as a stamina tip, WD is still better. Why? Because it is capable of taking hits. So, that's how I think DS is slightly better. Smile

The reason we don't use B: D isn't its inability to take hits though, it's that it lacks stamina, being outspun by TH170D, which is also more adaptable.

The reason WD would be being outspun would be the height matchup if it's not on TH170, and if on TH170, simply because that is not a good height for the tip.

I've never gotten good results with DS, it's still too easy to KO, and the stamina tradeoff is not at all worth it.

Well, I dunno why I always got better results with DS... Unhappy
I launch it at an angle, which allows it to stay on its D-ring during the start of the match.
At this point, it takes attacks quite effectively...
My only matches against powerful attack types were- Against an MF MLD CH120XF (I won), and the other being against some LLD LTAC(I won)... Unhappy
So maybe that's why... Smile

MLD CH120XF is weakest to stamina types, it's not particularly good at getting KO's, and If you were using Hell BD145DS, BD145 helps protect against low attacks.

Sorry man, but there's a reason it ain't top tier.

Hm, I always thought MLD was the best against Stamina... O_O
Thanks for correcting me! XD
About DS not being top tier- I know... Its not top tier, but I still find it useful, even if the use is niche. XD

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Evilfaic - Dec. 29, 2011

What's up with JB? Is it good? Like are there any good combos with it? I've been getting good results with it, so I was thinking

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - th!nk - Dec. 29, 2011

It was always outclassed by WB.

I like it a lot actually, but mostly because it makes a cool noise.

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Coffeewithcream - Dec. 29, 2011

I am pondering the stamina powers of Aries the clear wheel. It seems to be the most balanced wheel I have and I stuck it with basalt ad145wd does anyone know if this is correct

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Whatzzer - Dec. 29, 2011

It's not really balanced,Bull/Aquario/Cancer is more balanced than Aries itself.

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Janstarblast - Dec. 29, 2011

(Dec. 29, 2011  12:30 AM)DFB3636 Wrote: What's up with JB? Is it good? Like are there any good combos with it? I've been getting good results with it, so I was thinking

Adding to what th!nk said-
Due to those protrusions at the base of the tip, I heard that it used to have lesser grip in comparison to the top tier Defense tip at that time(WB, as th!nk said).
It was quite good for Destabilizers, though; the most notable combo being LLD 100JB.
@th!nk- You like JB? Chocked_2
At least I know that I am not the only one who likes outclassed parts. Tongue_out
@Asweet- It might be balanced, but its too light... So, the CWs which are heavier, and at the same time, well balanced are always better. Smile

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - kbuno50 - Dec. 29, 2011

Hehe, I know basalt is outclassed now, but I thought of a counter to Basalt BD145CS: Phantom T125MF xD

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Janstarblast - Dec. 29, 2011

Basalt may be outclassed, but it is still an amazing Defense wheel. Smile
The only wheel which outclassed Basalt is a Duo, which is still not widely available.
So, you can still count it as a top tier Defense wheel. Smile
As for your combo, its quite good. A balanced Attack/Stamina combo...
But as its been said, its never a good idea to defeat that Basalt combo by Attack. A pure Stamina type having decent Defense capabilities can take that down. So, its not really a counter to Basalt. It may still win, though not consistently. Smile

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - kbuno50 - Dec. 29, 2011

The idea though is to TS basalt. basalt has horrible solo spin time, and phantom is top-tier stamina, so tornado stalling basalt with phantom seems like a good idea, so it'll probably work Smile T125 increases speed slightly IIRC and MF has the most stamina of all the attack tips.

*coughcoughXF/WFcoughcough*
Well, the idea you use is similar to the one used by Dan in his famous MF MLD CH120XF.
When I first read about your combo, I realized that you are using a Tornado Stalled Attack/Stamina combo.
Still IMO, a decent stamina combo such as Phantom Cancer TH170CS(CS is not the best for Stamina, but this is to ensure that a skillfully launched Basalt doesn't KO it) would suffice. Smile

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - V-Rock - Dec. 29, 2011

I've been thinking about 85 lately. I've been hearing that it's only being used for stamina and to some degree, destabalizers. I know that its now not being used for attack combos because of the release of TH170 and 230. But what about defense combos? IIRC, MF-H Libra 85 CS is a pretty good defense combo, even thought it is outclassed. So, are there any current/good combos (besides stamina or destabalizers) that use 85 as it's track?

Well, the main reason for not using 85 is BD145.
BD145 has been the main reason to put LTACs out of use.
At the same time, 85 based Defense combos are garbage in front of BD145 Defense combos. So, BD145 has wholly devastated 85's future.
Surprisingly, 85 does see some use with the current Attackers- VariAres and Blitz. But again, there are better alternatives at times. Smile
85 is never a bad track, but when it has to go against a BD145/TH170/230 combo, it may not be useful... Smile

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Cygnus - Dec. 31, 2011

I found a very strange combo in the Fun Combos thread, posted by ShadowL-Drago and he said that it commits suicide. But when I battled it against it against Basalt Aquario BD145CS, it won. By OS. When it doesn't fly out or hit the stadium floor it's pretty good.

That combo is Phantom Orion 85XF.

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Kujikato - Jan. 01, 2012

I use MF Phantom Oreo CH120 WF instead, works nicely but still, gets KOed quite easily

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - MFB Mad Master - Jan. 04, 2012

Wait, is Phantom in attack or stamina mode Izuma?

RE: Thoughts about parts/Odd combos/The metagame in general - Kujikato - Jan. 06, 2012

Attack, Stamina mode causes it to self force smash when against 230/TH170, but attack lets it force smash lower combos on 145 and destabilize 230 (Th170 is not guaranteed)